Season 95/96 memories please (new show recording this week)

Skippy Doodle

Buffalo Bill

When we got horsed 2-5 from Partick Thistle (one of Paul Smith's less distinguished games in a maroon jersey!), I was sat in the main stand alongside the Swedish Hans Eskillson Fan club, who spent the whole game chanting 'Esky, Esky' and were ultimately rewarded with a consolation goal from their hero. Both Eskillson's goals for Hearts came in separate matches versus Thistle.

A strange game that came during a run a great form from us. Credit to Thistle though, they were magnificent that day. Similar sort of result and circumstance from the time we got relegated in 2014. We'd won a lot of matches towards the end of the season before being outplayed by Partick at home.

Buffalo Bill

On a sombre note, I remember a one min silence before the Lyon game (Berry's testimonial) and also the Hibs home game in March, led by a passionate speech by Leslies Deans to mark the Dunblane tragedy.

A strange game that came during a run a great form from us. Credit to Thistle though, they were magnificent that day. Similar sort of result and circumstance from the time we got relegated in 2014. We'd won a lot of matches towards the end of the season before being outplayed by Partick at home.

IIRC we seemed to forget in that game that you can't be offside if running from your own half. Billy McDonald had a great game for Thistle that day.

IIRC we seemed to forget in that game that you can't be offside if running from your own half. Billy McDonald had a great game for Thistle that day.

Found the highlights, some great finishing by the Jags to be fair.

Harry Potter

A great season and for some reason missed that cup final , probably because i never had a season ticket that season.

Anyway watched the game in the Murrayfield bar where my wife met me later on, by that time had been in the Roseburn 

and was in a mess.

Still can see Gary getting injured, felt so sorry for him.

Say What Again

It was 2-0 mo Johnstone scored their 2nd goal...always happens to us lol

Just checked London Hearts for confirmation (not that I doubted you!) and yep, you're right, Mo Johnstone scored the second in the last min.

I must have been away by then :lol:

Skippy Doodle

A great season and for some reason missed that cup final , probably because i never had a season ticket that season.

Anyway watched the game in the Murrayfield bar where my wife met me later on, by that time had been in the Roseburn

and was in a mess.

Still can see Gary getting injured, felt so sorry for him.

I recall mr Robinson referring some supporters in queue for final tickets as parasites

millerjames398

Just checked London Hearts for confirmation (not that I doubted you!) and yep, you're right, Mo Johnstone scored the second in the last min.

I must have been away by then [emoji38]

No probs ,It was a dire game for us but a turning point with the signing big gilles,mojo being one of many who came back to haunt us after leaving[emoji34]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Buffalo Bill

I recall mr Robinson referring some supporters in queue for final tickets as parasites

I think the "parasites" comment came later over a dispute for entry into the BP Youth Cup final 1998? I think he tried to charge fans entry even though season ticket booklets were meant to allow for free entry.  

But there was a big problem with tickets for either the final or semi final that 95/96 season, with massive queues stretching up McLeod Street. I can't recall exactly what happened but Hearts shut the ticket office and Robinson was outside telling fans (who had queued for ages) to come back tomorrow.

Buffalo Bill

McDonald was the wee stocky midfield player? 

I remember him and Locke going in for a crunching tackle in the cup game that Jan at Tynecastle and the noise was so loud it drew a gasp from the crowd!

Buffalo Bill

No probs ,It was a dire game for us but a turning point with the signing big gilles,mojo being one of many who came back to haunt us after leaving[emoji34]

Probably worth mentioning that Falkirk's other scorer that day was David Weir, nine months before we signed him.

I was at that game and as well as Rousset, I think Neil Pointon also made his debut. We went bottom of the league that day, but it was the turning point.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wrong. That was the 98 Youth Cup Final. And he was incorrect to use the word parasite but chancer would have been correct.

Skippy Doodle

Wrong. That was the 98 Youth Cup Final. And he was incorrect to use the word parasite but chancer would have been correct.

Fair enough think I'm getting mixed up with his interaction with queue prior to cup final in 96

millerjames398

Probably worth mentioning that Falkirk's other scorer that day was David Weir, nine months before we signed him.

I was at that game and as well as Rousset, I think Neil Pointon also made his debut. We went bottom of the league that day, but it was the turning point.

Yeah I was there as well in

I'm sure it was 20 yarder big Davie scored in front of our support as well, a nightmare as I know a few falkirk fans and they took great delight in ripping the piss out of me.had to endure 6-0 and 4-0 against us as well, really wished we'd got a 6th or 7th when we gubbed them at tynecastle 5-0 and put their gas at a peep once and for all.

Buffalo Bill

Yeah I was there as well in

I'm sure it was 20 yarder big Davie scored in front of our support as well, a nightmare as I know a few falkirk fans and they took great delight in ripping the piss out of me.had to endure 6-0 and 4-0 against us as well, really wished we'd got a 6th or 7th when we gubbed them at tynecastle 5-0 and put their gas at a peep once and for all.

Just remind them that you support Heart of Midlothian FC and they support Falkirk. That ought to do it.

millerjames398

Just remind them that you support Heart of Midlothian FC and they support Falkirk. That ought to do it.

Haha the delusion is strong with that lot mate,I've had many debates/arguments,don't know why I bother [emoji23]

Archived