Pre season in Ireland

jambo-fletch

Booked flights from Edinburgh just now with EasyJet ?313 return for me and a mate - looks like that dynamic pricing is kicking in! Flying out 7.10 on the Friday and back on Sunday afternoon.

Can anyone recommend any decent places to stay for the two nights? Never been to Belfast before so looking for some advice :-)

Holiday Inn has now relocated from Ormeau Avenue to just opposite Sandy Row. We're booked into the Ramada Encore in Cathedral Quarter.

In my opinion, Belfast is one of the friendliest cities in the UK.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Apprentice

Cheers Rob and Ian! How close are the places you mention to the ground?

Cheers Rob and Ian! How close are the places you mention to the ground?

15 minutes in a taxi.

Booked flights from Edinburgh just now with EasyJet ?313 return for me and a mate - looks like that dynamic pricing is kicking in! Flying out 7.10 on the Friday and back on Sunday afternoon.

Can anyone recommend any decent places to stay for the two nights? Never been to Belfast before so looking for some advice :-)

Hotel prices are going the same way as flights best be quick.

The Apprentice

Hotel prices are going the same way as flights best be quick.

Yeah managed to get booked into the Jury's Inn. More than a couple of hundred pounds down and that's without the beer vouchers!

Yeah managed to get booked into the Jury's Inn. More than a couple of hundred pounds down and that's without the beer vouchers!

Managed to do it all for ?130 the other day but the prices of flights went from being around ?70 to ?140 from Edinburgh in a matter of about half an hour. Wouldn't fancy booking flights now.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Airlines/hotels are not stupid! They know when demand will increase. And of course a lot of people will be flying in to NI for Orange parades at the time in July

(And a lot of people flying out for the same reason.)

King Of The Cat Cafe

Managed to do it all for ?130 the other day but the prices of flights went from being around ?70 to ?140 from Edinburgh in a matter of about half an hour. Wouldn't fancy booking flights now.

If Belfast flights too expensive, try flying to Dublin. There is a good bus service direct to and from Belfast from the airport.

richiehmfc

We are going from Glasgow as the flights from Edinburgh were flying up, went up about ?40 in the first half hour after confirmed.

We have booked an air B&B in the city centre - ?140 for 4 of us in a 2 bedroom apartment

Seymour M Hersh

Driving over I think. Should be a riot

Well it is the height of the marching season so maybe! 

fireeagle51

How many hearts fans we reckon will be there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am I right, does it sound like they might add a game prior to the 8th possibly in Dublin?

Club statement reads that way, anyone ITK?

Might make arrangements for a week going between Dublin and Belfast in hope we could take in two games

UPDATE - please ignore, I've now read the OP's E News link and see that was always the plan.

Stand down

Am I right, does it sound like they might add a game prior to the 8th possibly in Dublin?

Club statement reads that way, anyone ITK?

Might make arrangements for a week going between Dublin and Belfast in hope we could take in two games

UPDATE - please ignore, I've now read the OP's E News link and see that was always the plan.

Stand down

No news about the Dublin game though as in where / when etc.

?30 return from cairnryan to Belfast on the 7.30 sat returning 11.30 Sunday.

Thought about a couple of nights in Dublin IF we play there. 

But not at ?300 plus on Holyhead - Dublin ferry. 

Looking forward to seeing the JT's hopefully tear Linfield a new one at the new 'National Stadium at Windsor Park'.

Was at the N.I. game last night (to see Liam Boyce score a fine first goal for us) and the ground is a major improvement on what was there before. 3 New stands and the other refurbished.

Tynie size now in terms of capacity.

Restonbabe

The prices have shot up to an astronomical value now for plane and ferry. going to be a few numbers over it seems 

The prices have shot up to an astronomical value now for plane and ferry. going to be a few numbers over it seems

Flights with easyJet from Glasgow just over ?100 return ain't too shabby

King Of The Cat Cafe

Bus from Edinburgh to Belfast, about ?70 return. Only eight hours either way. ;) ;)

How many hearts fans we reckon will be there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good support for the famous I think. Don't know how many the Ulster H. S. C have nowadays but these guys were a mixed bag some supported Linfield and some were Glentoran. Good lads though.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Still nothing about Dublin game yet?

hoping its on the Thurs as I am heading over that day (booked ages ago, seeing in laws etc). Cant make the Linfield game as have plans in Dublin that night, sods law the Dublin game will be the Weds

Good support for the famous I think. Don't know how many the Ulster H. S. C have nowadays but these guys were a mixed bag some supported Linfield and some were Glentoran. Good lads though.

I watch Lisburn Distillery and 4 of us are Jambos. Hearts would be the 3rd best supported Scottish club over here after the weigi clubs.

portobellojambo1

I was waiting for news on the game in Dublin before booking but got fed up waiting. For those considering a Ryanair flight Edinburgh to Dublin, there were some available at ?22 single. It is then 17.99 Euros from Dublin to Belfast by train. By the time I started looking again (over weekend) the flights from Edinburgh to Belfast City return were going crazy, over ?200. And if looknig to fly in/out the same day the flight back to Edinburgh was via Manchester. Then had a look at flying same day in/out from Glasgow and it was ?80 return. But I don't drive and the flight out of Glasgow takes off before the first train from Edinburgh to Glasgow reaches its destination.

I was considering just forgetting about it, then when the two league cup games came up today and were both midweek fixtures I realised I wouldn't be able to get time off work for them, so got involved in conversation with friends and it looks like Belfast is back on, by boat (?60 return) (might even get a couple of flute bands on the boat who can provide free entertainment) with cheap digs in Belfast on the Saturday night.

I watch Lisburn Distillery and 4 of us are Jambos. Hearts would be the 3rd best supported Scottish club over here after the weigi clubs.

Nice one mate. Did you ever come over in the 80s ? I used to get acomadation for a lot of the guys up to 15 at a time as I said before real good guys.

sprinbox98

There is always quite a few jambs across in norn iron when I have been in the past. Some are scots who have relocated across there, others are irish guys who have an affiliation with hearts through their family.

Most are really decent....on the other hand some are total welts who unfortunately would make the sevco supports look like a bunch of unbiggoted, normal fans!

BelgeJambo

Booked up 2 of us From Brussels

Eurotunnel - Gatwick- Belfast and back and sorted for accommodation with an auld Shipmate

68 quid for flights

Doctor FinnBarr

Booked up 2 of us From Brussels

Eurotunnel - Gatwick- Belfast and back and sorted for accommodation with an auld Shipmate

68 quid for flights

Don't think we'll make it mate between Corfu later today then Mexico in October, bit unsure about the hols I have to use (they get divided into 4 for the year).......fancy it mind.

BelgeJambo

Don't think we'll make it mate between Corfu later today then Mexico in October, bit unsure about the hols I have to use (they get divided into 4 for the year).......fancy it mind.

Do you ever work? See you both there lol

went quiet for a few days?

Everybody waiting to see if we will have a team by then

Nice one mate. Did you ever come over in the 80s ? I used to get acomadation for a lot of the guys up to 15 at a time as I said before real good guys.

No mate, went to QMC in Clerwood in the mid 90's and starting going home and away for 7 years until moving away. Used to travel on Rainbow Hearts bus to away games. Still come over every year on my birthday and had my stag weekend 7 years ago so I could take in the derby.

No mate, went to QMC in Clerwood in the mid 90's and starting going home and away for 7 years until moving away. Used to travel on Rainbow Hearts bus to away games. Still come over every year on my birthday and had my stag weekend in Edinburgh 7 years ago so I could take in the derby.

broxburnjambo

I was waiting for news on the game in Dublin before booking but got fed up waiting. For those considering a Ryanair flight Edinburgh to Dublin, there were some available at ?22 single. It is then 17.99 Euros from Dublin to Belfast by train. By the time I started looking again (over weekend) the flights from Edinburgh to Belfast City return were going crazy, over ?200. And if looknig to fly in/out the same day the flight back to Edinburgh was via Manchester. Then had a look at flying same day in/out from Glasgow and it was ?80 return. But I don't drive and the flight out of Glasgow takes off before the first train from Edinburgh to Glasgow reaches its destination.

I was considering just forgetting about it, then when the two league cup games came up today and were both midweek fixtures I realised I wouldn't be able to get time off work for them, so got involved in conversation with friends and it looks like Belfast is back on, by boat (?60 return) (might even get a couple of flute bands on the boat who can provide free entertainment) with cheap digs in Belfast on the Saturday night.

Cheers for booking the ferry and accommodation. Great deal to get get us across with accommodation for ?85.00

Not sure what the prices are now but the Dublin flights on Wednesday from Newcastle returning on the Thursday were ?18 all in!

Glasgow - Dublin flight, train to Belfast and Belfast - Glasgow for ?100. No so lucky with accommodation, Dublin pretty thin on ground and Belfast likewise - the latter I daresay for marching season.

Glasgow - Dublin flight, train to Belfast and Belfast - Glasgow for ?100. No so lucky with accommodation, Dublin pretty thin on ground and Belfast likewise - the latter I daresay for marching season.

Try Premier Inn in Lisburn. 10-15 mins down the motorway from Windsor Park.

My mate is flying Glasgow to Derry and it was cheaper than into Belfast

If Linfield do make it through to play Celtic and it has to be played on the 11th, does anyone think it might put our match on the 8th in danger.  Eurotunnel-flights all booked, would be very pissed off if this was binned

the general

My mate is flying Glasgow to Derry and it was cheaper than into Belfast

Londonderry ?   :-)

If Linfield do make it through to play Celtic and it has to be played on the 11th, does anyone think it might put our match on the 8th in danger.  Eurotunnel-flights all booked, would be very pissed off if this was binned

They always knew they would have champions league qualifiers that week so I wouldn't see why it would make a difference. (I hope)

They always knew they would have champions league qualifiers that week so I wouldn't see why it would make a difference. (I hope)

Not a hope it will be played 11th July PSNI wouldn't have it plus the boat companies....it will be swapped round if anything.

Londonderry ?   :-)

Derry and 15 quid on a bus to Belfast I think he said

Not a hope it will be played 11th July PSNI wouldn't have it plus the boat companies....it will be swapped round if anything.

Swapping it round would be the sensible thing to do.  Can't see Celtic shitting themselves over Linfield by giving up advantage of second leg at home

Doctor FinnBarr

Swapping it round would be the sensible thing to do.  Can't see Celtic shitting themselves over Linfield by giving up advantage of second leg at home

They needed the home tie against Lincoln Red Imps to progress last season....just saying likes

Archived