Klaxon - Berra signs

davieholt

norrie1952

Great news welcome back Christophe.For the first time in an age we know what we are getting.No more foreign duds please.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Berra play twice last season, not on tv but actually at the games. Obviously I paid plenty of attention to him.

Folks on here are calling him slow....not true.

Folks saying he's got no "Fitba"....not true.

He looked commanding and was certainly leading the back line, which switched from a 3 to 4 in the game at Burton. Plus he was very very vocal.

Different Class

Good player but bit of a bad boy I believe.

Shane Annigans.

:lol: :lol:

Hopefully the first of many who understand this club and what it means to so many.

Valentinho

I seriously hope Nowak is not an employee of HMFC next season.

Hey "Hibs", give the negativity a feckin break for once. A good day for HMFC, yet you as ever try to pish us all up a tree. STFU!

No probs, mate, the least I can do for you considering the grand job you do in the Main Stand thread ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not a prob mate. It's a labour of love :-)

Bridge of Djoum

Hey "Hibs", give the negativity a feckin break for once. A good day for HMFC, yet you as ever try to pish us all up a tree. STFU!

Post of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Jarman

Few ruthlessly negative posters missing from this thread. Shocking.

I'm amazed.......nah not really.

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!

THIS is a brilliant signing.  Just the kind we need.  A leader.  He's everything our team lacks when it comes to attitude and I doubt he'll be letting others coast through games.  A couple more like this and then maybe a wee wild card or two and we're looking good.

Love business getting done early too.  If we do announce a few signings previous to pre-season, and they're the type we can all get behind, I think the last few months, tough as they were, can almost be put behind us and we can say, that was a mess, let's draw a line and let's effing GO!!!!!

They need a rest from it to be fair

Cruyff Turn

Number 41 will be seething. Called a lot of people naughty names, for suggesting Berra may actually be a human & put family before money.

The temerity.

I believe Christophe is also doing a degree in Sport Science.

Number 41 will be seething. Called a lot of people naughty names, for suggesting Berra may actually be a human & put family before money.

The temerity.

Imagine a man who has made a very very good living putting his kids first at this time in his life.....shocking.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good to get one in the bag early. I am not going to get carried away though.

Too much false hope lately

The temerity.

It's such a funny thing which I assume is modern thinking, but that footballers will ONLY go where they will get more money.  It's no different to any job offer.  You want to work somewhere you are happy at work, in a place where you want to live and many other factors like family will come in to it too.  Money of course is important, but not everyone works like that to the extent people seem to think EVERY footballer does.

I listen to Talk Sport sometimes and they were banging on about how much Harry Kane NEEDS to leave Spurs cos they can't pay what the bigger clubs can.  Only Danny Kelly was saying that his family and job satisfaction may just come in to the equation too.  It's a weird phenomenon to me, but then I've never been financially motivated!

berraforcaptain

Maybe a good time for the first post. Seemed a good idea ten years ago to go with this username. Think I will stick with with it, delighted to have Berra back

Maybe a good time for the first post. Seemed a good idea ten years ago to go with this username. Think I will stick with with it, delighted to have Berra back

Ha ha!! Magic!!

Very happy with that.

We need another half dozen of this calibre.

Very happy with that.

We need another half dozen of this calibre.

Jamboelite

Haha its like you've been waiting 10years for redemption:-)

Always a good time for a first post mate!! You planning on posting every decade aye? :-) There's a few on here I'd like to see adopt a once in a decade posting style that's for sure!

Bridge of Djoum

Eh, no.

A former captain returning after nigh on 10 years plying his trade in a very competitive culture, who is also doing his coaching badges.

"Gets the club"

Yeah, you're at it. He may not be the answer, but to write it off immediately is ridiculous.

I know this post has schooled you. Let's just leave it at that, "eh"?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good stuff. He should be given the captain's armband as well.

William H. Bonney

A former captain returning after nigh on 10 years plying his trade in a very competitive culture, who is also doing his coaching badges.

"Gets the club"

Yeah, you're at it. He may not be the answer, but to write it off immediately is ridiculous.

I know this post has schooled you. Let's just leave it at that, "eh"?

Jesus you're an aggressive poster.

magicjohnston

I saw Berra play twice last season, not on tv but actually at the games. Obviously I paid plenty of attention to him.

Folks on here are calling him slow....not true.

Folks saying he's got no "Fitba"....not true.

He looked commanding and was certainly leading the back line, which switched from a 3 to 4 in the game at Burton. Plus he was very very vocal.

Fantastic to hear. We need more commanding/influential players. Hopefully the first bit of the puzzle.glad to have him back!

berraforcaptain

Always a good time for a first post mate!! You planning on posting every decade aye? :-) There's a few on here I'd like to see adopt a once in a decade posting style that's for sure!

It might up it a bit now I seem to have called something right!

Really enjoying your photo updates on the stand, keep up the good work

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Hopefully if he plays well he can work his way into the French squad.

;-)

Hopefully if he plays well he can work his way into the French squad.

;-)

If Niemi couldnae even get a game for Scotland, I don't see Christophe playing for France.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

If Niemi couldnae even get a game for Scotland, I don't see Christophe playing for France.

True...yet Aiden "weegie" mcgeady & James "Hamilton Ned" McCarthy play for Ireland so you never know...you don't have to be from a country really to play for them..

Fantastic bit of business and a player who knows what it means to pull on the maroon jersey.

Glad to see the back of the 6 players released , plenty more good signings to come hopefully.

Perth to Paisley

Good player but bit of a bad boy I believe.

Shane Annigans.

Billy Mckay??

Howdy Doody Jambo

You Berra

You Berra

You bet

You Berra

Welcome home skipper

siegementality

Niemi was finished though :-)

I'm delighted with this signing, great to see him back and will hopefully be handed the armband for next season. Excited to see who else we bring in.

The fact he knocked back a bigger offer from along the M8 says everything you need to know about this guy.

Make him captain.

Excellent news. - we need a solid base to build on - we've been soft as...

Hopefully the first of many - get them in for a good pre-season.

Lucille's Thirsty

Following the release of some of the wage thiefs I've just finished a shift and learn that Berra has resigned for the Jambos another step in the right direction for the club.

Good Day!

The Future's Maroon

Worst kept secret..... but still great when it was confirmed, now for a few of those other targets to be announced in next few days

Watt-Zeefuik

Just watched the statement. For a Frenchman he doesn't do a half bad Scottish accent.

::troll:::'>

Archived