Toys we wish we got......

hueyview

Grew up 70s, got well fed and decent clothes..... I watched a TV show tonight about...action man...and a list of 20 toys...

I did not feel poor, but all I had was a echosketch, crayons,a boxing puppet and a football for my 10 the birthday at st peters,..which I still have...

Always wanted an evelkenevil, scalectrix, and a bigtrain set..but before you know it...its cinema, girls and music

Aww, poor you. :33:

However, I do know what you mean.

I did quite well in regard to toys when I was a kid.

I had the Evel stunt cycle, various Corgi cars and the Six Million Dollar Man with the generator he could pick up.

I always wanted Chutes Away, a Big Trak and a Tamiya remote control car and used to spend ages drooling over them In Wonderland Models.

Later, I was lucky enough to get an Entex handheld Space Invaders game for Christmas and a Raleigh Super Burner for my birthday.

God bless my mum who worked part-time as a nurse to help with the family budget.

There was always another kid who had loads of Star Wars models, or a huge Lego set up spread across the lounge floor, though.

A scrambler to go on Kickstart, but I've ended up with a phone on kickback.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

As the son of a junkie I just wanted A toy, I had a book about bairns living on a island for the summer and a couple wee cars that was it. I loved thunderbirds and wanted Tracy Island and thunderbird 2 and 4 I didn't like 1 & 3 :lol:

At Christmas around the early to mid 80s, every boy was asking santa for a BMX, including me. I never got 1 though, I got a track trail bike, it was sort of lime a BMX but had a huge front suspension and weighed a metric ton. Due to this it was shit at jumping off ramps.

Fitzroy Pointon

Always wanted a Mr Frosty but my mum and dad, probably quite rightly, didn't get us it.

Lights Alive looked pretty sweet as well. Overall me and my sister didn't do to bad probably due to my dad grafting his arse off in a sh*t job to provide for us.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

hmfc_liam06

Always wanted Whack Attack but never got it.

Also, the Ghostbusters house with the slime, I'd just make a mess apparently...

:sob:

Always wanted a Mr Frosty but my mum and dad, probably quite rightly, didn't get us it.

Lights Alive looked pretty sweet as well. Overall me and my sister didn't do to bad probably due to my dad grafting his arse off in a sh*t job to provide for us.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

We got one of our sons Mr Frosty. It was shit, you didn't miss much.

I always wanted Mousetrap and Crossfire.

zoltan socrates

Race n chase

Police car vs corvette, scaletrix type track with a jump!

Could have used an at-at when i was eight

The White Cockade

I had Rebound it was great

Casden Soccer

Subbuteo

Scalextric

Triang Hornby Train Set

So I was lucky

Never got a chopper though

I P Knightley

Anyone have a chopper bike ?

The only thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Folks would never spring for one. Looking back, they were wise. A Chopper wasn't a decent set of wheels. But I'd have had a red one with yellow writing.

MacDonald Jardine

Casden Soccer

Subbuteo

Scalextric

Triang Hornby Train Set

So I was lucky

Rebound was fantastic.

I always wanted a Scaletrix and a Chopper but never had them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@VladMagic

Race n chase

Police car vs corvette, scaletrix type track with a jump!

Could have used an at-at when i was eight

Race and Chase was epic! I wasn't lucky enough to have it but a friend did. There was a button on top of the controller and pressing made the car change direction! And the cars had lights!!!

EPIC!!!!!

Jambothump

The only thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Folks would never spring for one. Looking back, they were wise. A Chopper wasn't a decent set of wheels. But I'd have had a red one with yellow writing.

Coolest looking bike, we weren't into performance, if you had one now, worth I believe serious candy.

We made up our own bikes with cow horn handle bars.

I always wanted the Star Wars Cantina diorama, and the Imperial Shuttle but they were both hard to find. Could have bought the Imperial Shuttle years ago but it was ?200.

Also, had most of the SW figures except Snaggletooth. My mate somehow got hold of one so I swapped it for a Gammorrean Guard. By this time the merchandise was starting to be phased out. Do you think I could find another Gammorrean Guard anywhere??? (eventually bought one years later).

Otherwise I generally got the toys I wanted for Christmas/birthdays...the benefit of being an only child :D

Phil Dunphy

I was very lucky when I was young, I pretty much got everything I could ever want. 

That said, I'd have loved an original Optimus Prime.

Around my eighth birthday Macdermids the newsagent at the foot of East Preston Street had a small toy car in a garage in their window.  It seemed for the longest time I leaned on the window sill and worshipped that car and garage. On my birthday I opened a package and my dream was answered the car and garage were mine, I played with it on the fireside chair, until I had to go to the bathroom, my sister had arrived at that time, she would have been around fourteen, she asked me if I was happy with my present and I said I was, but now wasn't sure since she had sat on it. Sure enough the car and the garage were now a nice flat duo, and tears flowed pretty thick, my sister of course thought the whole thing was quite funny, until the ominous wait til' your faither gets home was uttered by the lady of the house.

I apologise for the deviation from the title, but I always felt my short possession was just like never getting it at all.

Around my eighth birthday Macdermids the newsagent at the foot of East Preston Street had a small toy car in a garage in their window. It seemed for the longest time I leaned on the window sill and worshipped that car and garage. On my birthday I opened a package and my dream was answered the car and garage were mine, I played with it on the fireside chair, until I had to go to the bathroom, my sister had arrived at that time, she would have been around fourteen, she asked me if I was happy with my present and I said I was, but now wasn't sure since she had sat on it. Sure enough the car and the garage were now a nice flat duo, and tears flowed pretty thick, my sister of course thought the whole thing was quite funny, until the ominous wait til' your faither gets home was uttered by the lady of the house.

I apologise for the deviation from the title, but I always felt my short possession was just like never getting it at all.

I would say it is worse than not getting the present.

You were teased for a short while until your sister broke it. She probably meant it as well.

Hungry Hippos. I asked Santa for it,several years on the bounce and the fat **** never delivered.

Anyone have a chopper bike ?

Grifter. Then a BMX. I built a new bike from both, and called it a GMX.

Casden Soccer

Subbuteo

Scalextric

Triang Hornby Train Set

So I was lucky

Subbuteo, oi, oi, oi!

Oops wrong thread.

joe.gausden

Always wanted a grifter but went from a chopper to a five speed racer which got cowhorn handlebars put on it within the week

luckyBatistuta

I wanted a chopper at primary school and got a Tomahawk :42:

Grew up 70s, got well fed and decent clothes..... I watched a TV show tonight about...action man...and a list of 20 toys...

I did not feel poor, but all I had was a echosketch, crayons,a boxing puppet and a football for my 10 the birthday at st peters,..which I still have...

Always wanted an evelkenevil, scalectrix, and a bigtrain set..but before you know it...its cinema, girls and music

Is that the thing you speak and it draws

I wanted a chopper at primary school and got a Tomahawk :42:

I wanted a Chipper when I was about 7 as my mates had them. I got a Tomahawk instead as the bloke in the bike shop persuaded my parent it was a better bike. Bloody thing weighed more than I did.

luckyBatistuta

I wanted a Chipper when I was about 7 as my mates had them. I got a Tomahawk instead as the bloke in the bike shop persuaded my parent it was a better bike. Bloody thing weighed more than I did.

Remember it being heavy too. Also remember a guy came to our school and we done a little cycling proficiency test. When he came up to my bike to look at it, he lifted the bar above the seat and the whole thing came off, with the springs going everywhere :facepalm:

Remember it being heavy too. Also remember a guy came to our school and we done a little cycling proficiency test. When he came up to my bike to look at it, he lifted the bar above the seat and the whole thing came off, with the springs going everywhere :facepalm:

That advantage of the weight that was that you do cracking long skids on it. Which I did constantly when I got it. Until the back tyre exploded doing a particularly long skid down a hill.

Was that the Japanese version?

Sorry :laugh4: :laugh4: just saw that :shamefull:

That advantage of the weight that was that you do cracking long skids on it. Which I did constantly when I got it. Until the back tyre exploded doing a particularly long skid down a hill.

Was a tomahawk not a mini chopper?

Sounded sinister.

zoltan socrates

not one grifter made it with mudguards intact, fold the mudguard inwards so it rubbed the tyre tread........motorbike! loads of u shaped mudguards by the summer of 82.....

...when some junky cnt lifted me off mine at the post office on boswall parkway

Fxxx the SPFL

Johnny seven gun got a second hand one a couple of years after it came out sure it fired a grenade as well.

LSD Eindhoven

I never really asked for anything when I was a kid but I really wanted a handheld galaxy invader game. I went on and on about it for months but quickly forgot about it when I was given this

$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Jambof3tornado

Wanted Tin Can Alley for ages and got it eventually!!!

I was too wee for grifter so I had a Scorcher with the red siren on it that made 3 different noises! Got my big bruvs grifter a few years later as a hand me down!

I wanted tin can alley too, never got it.

Did get a grifter, but it was pretty heavy and unwieldy compared to a bmx.

queensferryjambo

I always wanted the 6 million Dollar man (with the rubber skin that rolled away and you could see the electronics), Stretch Armstrong and Evel Kneivel (that wind up bike was cool) but alas never got any of them.

Had all the 12 back Star Wars figures and was happy enough with them.  

Raleigh Boxers and Strikas were gr8 for making nice long skid marks on the pavement.

I loved those wee bikes.

It was. I had one. And a gripping hand moving eyed action man.

Never had the wind up evel knieval bike though. Stil spewing.

Eagle eyes was Action Man. The action figure you're talking about is G.I Joe with kung fu grip. :D

Thinking back to the days of the toys mentioned. What about the Xmas decorations.ffs

Illustrious

Always wanted Scalextric as a kid but never did. Determined to ensure my first born, a daughter, never suffered such heartache, I bought her the gucci one with Jaguars with working headlights for her first birthday. I'm not entirely sure she appreciated it though!

been here before

Eagle eyes was Action Man. The action figure you're talking about is G.I Joe with kung fu grip. :D

Action Man had eagle eyes and rubber gripping hands.

Action Man had eagle eyes and rubber gripping hands.

The later ones did, the first ones didn't have either.

Does anybody remember the black action man, I think he was called Tommy?

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm autistic, or something, but what were you supposed to do with an Action Man?  I had a Colditz German sentry one (gripping hands but sadly no eagle eye), and apart from taking it's uniform off and puting it back on, there was f' all else to do with it.  I didn't know anyone else who had one at the same time as me.

Archived