Tziolis to Sevco?

Mysterion

TyphoonJambo

I know someone driving over that way later this week. If he wants a lift, no loss IMO

Can't remember the last player that left us, went to rangers and performed better.

Can see tzzzzzziolis being the same.

Clerry Jambo

Really couldn't care as long as he doesn't stay with us. To have any chance of turning our situation around we need high energy midfielders who close down quickly and are quicker in transition when we attack. He possesses neither of those qualities.

Totally with you mate. Our engine room is laboured most of the time, we need more pace and aggression

Pans Jambo

It's a load of pish. Imagine the scene.

Right lads. The bus will be hanging about for 10 minutes while our milk can turn quicker midfielder discusses fecking off to the Hun.

Well it is the Daily Rangers.

Is there rules about this kind of thing? Tapping up players when they are still contracted without going through the proper channels? Sevco are meant to ask for permission to approach the player no? This is written like it was some kind of sneaky meeting.

Anyway, no great loss to us and if anything, will disadvantage one of our competitors next season. I hope this is true.

Well it is the Daily Rangers.

Is there rules about this kind of thing? Tapping up players when they are still contracted without going through the proper channels? Sevco are meant to ask for permission to approach the player no? This is written like it was some kind of sneaky meeting.

Anyway, no great loss to us and if anything, will disadvantage one of our competitors next season. I hope this is true.

Don't need to ask anyone anything when a player has 6months left.

Cruyff Turn

What a load of shite.

Tziolis goes for a chat with former colleague, minus representatives.

Daily Ranger, "Tziolis in signing talks with Rangers."

I'll put that one alongside Craig Whytes off the radar wealth and Robin Van Persie moving to Rangers.

Doubtful Tziolis will be playing in Scotland next season anyway.

Can't believe folk thinking "his legs are gone, too slow" etc etc. The guy just turned 32 in February so he's probably got another 2 or 3 years at a decent level left in him. Like everyone else in our team he's struggled for the last 4 months but it doesn't suddenly make him a bad player. Joey Barton thought he could come to the SPL and stroll it but found that it wasn't that easy to do and maybe Tziolis thought the same, hence he appears to be off the pace. Surround him with the right players and I'm sure he'd do okay because you can see that he's got bags of talent.

Pans Jambo

Don't need to ask anyone anything when a player has 6months left.

Youre probably correct but you would at least think out of respect or common courtesy they would ask Hearts first.

Maybe they did but then thats not as good of a headline for the daily comic is it?

What a load of shite.

I'll put that one alongside Craig Whytes off the radar wealth and Robin Van Persie moving to Rangers.

This /\

Stephen Muddie

I believe we do too and the fact we lost players in January and only brought the majority of players on short term deals was part of that. We've suffered as a result, but the players we lost were players we wanted to lose, and the fact we got offers then, helped us.

We've just not been able to get the replacements in we wanted, so we had to get players. Added to Soutar and Paterson injuries haven't helped.

Only thing I can't understand is the signing of Martin on a long term contract

I was relatively impressed with Martin at the very outset, not blown away but thought he had something and might grow into a role at the club.

Not sure now, reckon he's got it all to do to convince.. I suspect he's mastered the art of looking good. Perhaps ego... I hope and pray that summer additions not only hit ground running themselves but compliment and inspire what we have.

Not all signings have been awful. Isma is technically the best goal scorer I've seen for a while. Probably more deadly than Sow

Personally I'd like to see us keep him and strengthen with the right players around him.

Berra-Tziolis-Cowie-Isma

It's the start of a decent spine if we can add a hard working creative player to the middle and some better/more natural Wing backs to the system then we will start to tick. A better partner for Isma would help as well but I think we might have that already, he's currently doing a job at Killie.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I dont get the vitriolic hatred. Yes hes slow, but every player at this level has deficiencies. Counter to this he can actually control a ball, has excellent technique and vision. 

Putting aside whether the player is good bad or indifferent, is it acceptable for another club ( or is it company?) to be tapping up a signed player during the season?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Putting aside whether the player is good bad or indifferent, is it acceptable for another club ( or is it company?) to be tapping up a signed player during the season?

Yes,if they have under 6 months to run.

GenovaHearts

If reports are correct then Cauxinha having previously worked with him will know what he is capable of, after all he is a Greek international player. Perhaps we aren't using him effectively enough and as others have alluded to with more time on the ball to make a pass he could be a very astute signing for Rangers. After Saturdays performance Cathro should have had discussions with Clint Hill who is also a free agent at the end of the season and was very good against us on Saturday, a pairing of Hughes and Hill while both ageing would stroll through most games in the premier league and would coach young Souter into becoming a better player.

Bazzas right boot

Can't remember the last player that left us, went to rangers and performed better.

Can see tzzzzzziolis being the same.

Wallace, Don't need to remember that far back!

Weir as well, indirectly of course.

Bazzas right boot

I dont get the vitriolic hatred. Yes hes slow, but every player at this level has deficiencies. Counter to this he can actually control a ball, has excellent technique and vision.

Not seen this vision.

Technically very good, but he doesn't create or score goals.

Vision I'd question.

He also plays it too slow.

He'll also want a decent wage, not worth it imo.

Would love it if he went to Sevco. Rather they were paying him to put in 50% effort than us.

Bazzas right boot

If reports are correct then Cauxinha having previously worked with him will know what he is capable of, after all he is a Greek international player. Perhaps we aren't using him effectively enough and as others have alluded to with more time on the ball to make a pass he could be a very astute signing for Rangers. After Saturdays performance Cathro should have had discussions with Clint Hill who is also a free agent at the end of the season and was very good against us on Saturday, a pairing of Hughes and Hill while both ageing would stroll through most games in the premier league and would coach young Souter into becoming a better player.

It's a fair point regarding hill, but remember he's on about ?15k a week.

Even if he dropped, is he worth being one of our higher paid players?

We won't need Clint Hill when Berra arrives.

Wallace is very debatable! What's he won?

Bowmans_Boot

Not seen this vision.

Technically very good, but he doesn't create or score goals.

Vision I'd question.

He also plays it too slow.

He'll also want a decent wage, not worth it imo.

I agree with this. He most certainly is not value for money and we could easily spend it better.

I am hugely disappointed with him as when he signed I thought it would be a major coup. Not quite worked out that way.

favouriteplayer

Tziolis is a player who needs to play in a team that is always attacking, allowing him to sit back and pick passes from deep. The problem we have is that we're insistant on playing with wing backs that don't get forward enough, they are at best level with him when he gets the ball. How many times has the ball broke out to Tziolis and the only option he has is to play it over the top and hope Goncalves/Johnsen can make it? it's very hard to play quick passes and start attacks when 5 or 6 players are constantly behind you.

With the way some teams sit back at Ibrox, its hard to see how he wouldn't pull the strings playing there. 

I rate Tziolis as a player, he just doesn't fit into these tactics.

Wallace spent four years of his career, when he should have been at his peak, playing against part-timers in the lower leagues. Had he chosen a different path he'd have more than 50 caps by now so I'd argue he's not done well at all (other than financially, of course)

dinwoodie1

What a load of shite.

You can add Barrie "played well in a friendly against Leipzig so must be worth ?6 million quid" Mckay to that list of very well researched and accurate Daily Record stories

Hearts_fan

What is it with the zombies' scouting network? Totally embarrassing.

Bazzas right boot

Wallace spent four years of his career, when he should have been at his peak, playing against part-timers in the lower leagues. Had he chosen a different path he'd have more than 50 caps by now so I'd argue he's not done well at all (other than financially, of course)

Cool story

Still been a good player for rangers, how good is debatable, but to answer the original question, Wallace was the answer.

I suppose perspective plays a big part in how players are treated (generally) by fans. If Tziolis had played at lower league level in greece, and therefor not been hyped up massively upon joining Hearts, I'm sure most fans would be wanting to keep him.

If you consider the way that Pinilla and Kingston are regarded by fans, you have a good example of double standards. Pinilla played a handful of times, contributing very little and costing the club, presumably, a fair amount. He is regarded quite fondly by most fans, as it is fairly clear he had personal issues, not helped by the state the club was in. Kingston played 50 games, contributing some excellent performances. Strangely, Kingston is often branded a 'wage feef' and given little leeway!

I think with better players around him we could see a different Tiziolis next season.

For those who wish him to go to the rankgers, If he's leaving us I'd rather he didn't go there.

All imo .

BelgeJambo

Not written by Scotland's Number 1 Sports journalist, so I am calling this Fake News

FarmerTweedy

"Pedro Caixinha has invited Hearts midfielder Alexandros Tziolis to be part of his Rangers revamp next season and is thought to have discussed the details of a move with the Greek international in his office after Saturday's 2-1 win at Ibrox. The pair worked together at Panathinaikos.(Daily Record)"

Is Tziolis not under contract to Hearts until the end of the season? Surely any manager cannot talk to him at the moment about a transfer or move? But of course the highly skilled journalist quoted says "thought to have discussed the details of a move". Clever or what, these journos are a class above us mere mortals :uhoh2: Just write what you want and cover your back at the same time. Smart.

Think the wife of the guy who got sacked for the 5-1 needs some creative writing skills training from the Record!

How does anyone ever sign a pre-contract agreement then?

Dr Ian Malcolm

He's clearly a player - just not the type that's mostly been required during a dire run of form. Get the right players around him and when he and the team is at it, he's a class act. Wouldn't be against him staying but I highly doubt we can afford him longer term.

Pedro Caixinha describes move for Alexandros Tziolis as ?pure rubbish;

"Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha has shot down reports he is ready to offer a deal to Hearts midfielder Alexandros Tziolis.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/pedro-caixinha-describes-move-for-alexandros-tziolis-as-pure-rubbish-1-4446085

That's him away to Sevco then!!

Bazzas right boot

Pedro Caixinha describes move for Alexandros Tziolis as ?pure rubbish;

"Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha has shot down reports he is ready to offer a deal to Hearts midfielder Alexandros Tziolis.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/pedro-caixinha-describes-move-for-alexandros-tziolis-as-pure-rubbish-1-4446085

Bit harsh, he's not "pure rubbish".

He's Not great either, but his description is bit much.

maroonlegions

Bit harsh, he's not "pure rubbish".

He's Not great either, but his description is bit much.

Would agree if it said "is" instead of "as"..  lol; 

Captain Canada

With his pedigree he should have been a real star for us. In reality he's been really poor but still selected pretty much every week regardless.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can't believe some ****ing idiot was suggesting a tune for Queen Mary :whistling:

Unknown user

Why does everyone keep saying that, I noticed it when he was out injured for Rangers folk were saying 'he's no getting a game, he's finished there' etc when in fact he's been one of their more consistent players.

Has he? The Rangers fans I know think he's shite to a man.

"Pedro Caixinha has invited Hearts midfielder Alexandros Tziolis to be part of his Rangers revamp next season and is thought to have discussed the details of a move with the Greek international in his office after Saturday's 2-1 win at Ibrox. The pair worked together at Panathinaikos.(Daily Record)"

Can we expect a retraction and an apology from this rag now?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/ian-cathro-sheds-light-on-tziolis-meeting-with-rangers-boss-1-4447477

Hearts head coach Ian Cathro has revealed he was present during the post-match meeting between Alexandros Tziolis and Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha which prompted speculation that the Greek midfielder could be on his way to Ibrox.

Archived