Weekend football

Mikey1874

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fife & Lothians Cup QF Tranent 2 Kelty Hearts 1 Mr C Thomson playing for Kelty.

Benny Factor

According to Flashscores, the keeper that was sent off for Raith then went on to score their first goal!

Maroon Sailor

Brechin v Raith

Airdrieonians v Alloa

Montrose v Peterhead

Annan v Forfar

East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath

East Kilbride win, so they'll play Cowdenbeath.

Haven't seen any mention of it, but the team that replaces Preston Athletic in the Lowland League is an interesting one: Edusport Academy. Wonder what would happen if they made it to the top of the Lowland League? 

Yeah. Would have been quite happy to see Celtic's feeder club beat their B Team today. Hey ho.

MikeySimpson

Nauseating love-in between Hibs and St. Liedown fans after the game apparently

Nauseating love-in between Hibs and St. Liedown fans after the game apparently

Yep I thought those twisted Leith morons would be happy with that draw knowing how much we hate the Paisley cheats!!

jamboinglasgow

East Kilbride win, so they'll play Cowdenbeath.

Haven't seen any mention of it, but the team that replaces Preston Athletic in the Lowland League is an interesting one: Edusport Academy. Wonder what would happen if they made it to the top of the Lowland League? 

Wasn't aware of Edusport, quite an interesting team. I cant see why they would not get into League two if they won Lowland league and play-off. Would hope we scout a team like that.

Wasn't aware of Edusport, quite an interesting team. I cant see why they would not get into League two if they won Lowland league and play-off. Would hope we scout a team like that.

Not against it, but I just wonder what would happen if they did achieve promotion. It would be a little strange to have an entire team of French players in the Scottish league.

jamboinglasgow

Not against it, but I just wonder what would happen if they did achieve promotion. It would be a little strange to have an entire team of French players in the Scottish league.

Yeah certainly would be weird. 

I would be interested to see if any players that were in their academy have made it to a professional club in the UK after being there.

Yeah certainly would be weird. 

I would be interested to see if any players that were in their academy have made it to a professional club in the UK after being there.

Not sure if any have gone professional, but this Evening Times link from earlier in the season mentions players representing Greenock Morton and Annan Athletic.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14680937.Lessons_to_be_learned_by_and_from_foreign_youngsters_as_Edusport_start_first_Scottish_Cup_bid/

steveo654

All your teams romp in on your coupon.... Only need the mighty juve to win the last late game... Cant loose surely!!! Oh wait

All your teams romp in on your coupon.... Only need the mighty juve to win the last late game... Cant loose surely!!! Oh wait

1-1 2mins inj time to go

King prawn

Danny Grainger scored 2 penalties for Carlisle yesterday to sneak into the play offs.

iantjambo

Still a bit to play for in the championship final day today.

Brighton and Newcastle playing for the title with Brighton currently a point ahead. Brighton away to Villa and Newcastle at home to Barnsley.

The playoff places are pretty much done and dusted. All that can change is Leeds can overtake Fulham If they win and Fulham lose but they need a 13 goal turnover.

Rotherham and Wigan are relegated with Blackburn,Nottm Forest and Birmingham all playing to avoid the final place.

Birmingham in 20th with 50 points and -20 GD. They play Bristol City away.

Nottm Forest in 21st place with 48 points and -13 GD. They play Ipswich at home.

Blackburn in 22nd place with 48 points and -14 GD. They play Brentford away.

iantjambo

Blackburn take an early 2-0 lead. As it stands, Forest are down.

Edit: Birmingham ahead as well

Maroon Sailor

Could come down to goals scored between Forest and Blackburn

If Forest win by a goal and Blackburn win by 2

Forest out of bottom 3 only by virtue of goals scored..........Blackburn need another to leapfrog them

Maroon Sailor

Don Goodman highlights the fact that Berra was holding a Forest player's shirt in the penalty area earlier in the match but that chance at the opposite end when Berra put a header wide the Forest defender was grabbing his shirt - nothing said

Jambo 4 Ever

Rangers losing might help us today as Aberdeen will have 2nd in the bag so maybe they will take a foot off the Pedal today

iantjambo

Half time in the championship.

As it stands. Newcastle are champions and Blackburn are down.

iantjambo

Rangers losing might help us today as Aberdeen will have 2nd in the bag so maybe they will take a foot off the Pedal today

To be fair, it was pretty much in the bag before kick off. Rangers have to overturn a 23 goal deficit (24 now).

I doubt it.

Archived