Vacancy - Head of Fitness

Walter Bishop

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Agree, thought that was a little odd. A key first team position.

Tbf to the recruitment department though, they need to get the message to Nigeria

Walter Bishop

Is this what Jon hill done before heading to Mk Dons

Yeah i think so, a real popular figure amongst the players. His leaving is a contributory factor people dont take into account during our form of the last 5/6 months imo.

Walter Bishop

That tactic didn't work out too well last time. 

But you knew that.

eh?

rudi must stay

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/vacancies

Surprised this is something we are advertising for? I would have thought we are big enough to target someone specifically and approach them?

Maybe we are doing that as well. Manager and assistant manager aside this is a very important job, might see someone from abroad brought in with Cathro's connections

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Applying as we speak with a can of coke in one hand and a battered pizza in the other

Applying as we speak with a can of coke in one hand and a battered pizza in the other

Fried mars bar for dessert?

OmiyaHearts

Who's the Dundee Utd fitness coach? Must have an excellent chance of getting the job.

Say What Again

Who's the Dundee Utd fitness coach? Must have an excellent chance of getting the job.

Was going to post a laughing smiley then realised you're spot on.

Wonder if you can get odds? :P

Don't know why we are asking for someone with experience, why have inexperienced everything at the club and an experienced fitness coach? :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fried mars bar for dessert?

That was my starter, McDonalds Apple pies for pudding

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't know why we are asking for someone with experience, why have inexperienced everything at the club and an experienced fitness coach? :lol:

:thumbsup:

Hahahaha. So very true

Indeed. Personally I'd target someone who go a B in Higher PE, and has worked on reception at the David Lloyd Centre for about 6 months.

superjack

I should apply. As long as the players don't follow my example on fitness, they'll be fine.

Cruyff Turn

Very strange. I thought that a position as important as that would be someone head hunted by the club.

It's sensible that the club are inviting applicants for this sort of role. Although there may be some candidates the coin will already be aware of and may choose to approach anyway, there's no harm in seeing who else may be available/interested. Although the job specifications say 5 years of experience in professional football, I'm sure if someone came from a high level in another team sport and could show their transferable skills the club would listen to what they had to say.

Bazzas right boot

Very strange. I thought that a position as important as that would be someone head hunted by the club.

You can do both.

Advertise and head hunt.

Crazy world we live in.

Advertising externally is in line with good recruitment practice, Diversity, equal opportunities, etc.

Even if you do eventually head hunt some one.

The Closing date for applications......... :sweeet:  :rudi:  :pleasingao:  :hibsfud:  

Jambo 4 Ever

Be good to have someone who actually wants to be here though - perhaps we should ask potential players to apply to play for us - maybe we will get players who actually want to be here too!!!

• 1 month later...
Lord Beni of Gorgie

I have been anxiously awaiting this appointment. I hope he beasts them. Our fitness has been poor I believe or maybe we are just slow

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5989

New head of fitness was at West Ham for the last 5 years

Looks to have an impressive CV, especially considering how young he is...

Be great to see if he has a positive influence on the squad when we play games and how IC wishes us to dominate the ball and the game....

Definitely a positive appointment on paper :)

Son Of Anarchy

Be good to have someone who actually wants to be here though - perhaps we should ask potential players to apply to play for us - maybe we will get players who actually want to be here too!!!

Edited. Not worth it.

Jammy BarSteward

Must admit moving from West Ham to us feels like a star signing. Lets hope he can add something from his Premier League experience.

The decline in our performance levels last season coincided with the loss of John Hill.  We lost sharpness both physically and mentally.  Sounds like a very encouraging appointment.

Maroon Sailor

bit of a couple managing to get him from West ham.

Some people thought that about Cathro getting him away from Newcastle.

He needs to be able to get on with his job and put his methods in place first and foremost. If it ties in with the way Cathro wants Hearts to shape up then that's a good foundation to build on.

And how are you typing up your application exactly? In fact, don't answer that please.

That was my starter, McDonalds Apple pies for pudding

Do you get fried mars bars up in flossie land?

The Treasurer

The levels of fitness required in the EPL are very high so hopefully he can bring the same to Tynecastle.

Bowmans_Boot

Must admit moving from West Ham to us feels like a star signing. Lets hope he can add something from his Premier League experience.

Incredible that we can match their benefits package, to be honest.

Incredible that we can match their benefits package, to be honest.

Think the facilities at Riccarton would've played a big part in enticing someone with his CV

Neilson's Shank

Essential to pay top dollar given the key role that he will play. Had a feeling that the players could not apply Cathro's game plan over the full 90 minutes. John Hill was a big loss as the fitness and mental sharpness left with him. Welcome Tom and in your favour you are not foreign.

John Findlay

Position filled by Tom Taylor. Formerly fitness coach of West Ham United.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Do you get fried mars bars up in flossie land?

Stonehaven created them. Never tried one. Chipper up here dyed everything red the day before the cup final. A red fish supper. Just not right!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

bit of a coup managing to get him from West ham.

He was only the video analysis man :whistling:

I wonder if his age has been misquoted. I think he looks a lot older than 26?.maybe 36?

Heartsofgold

I have been anxiously awaiting this appointment. I hope he beasts them. Our fitness has been poor I believe or maybe we are just slow

Agree with this SG.  John Hill's loss had as much an impact on our decline in the 2nd half of last year as anything else.  We seemed to go from one of the fittest teams in the league to be blowing out our arses in the latter stages of games. 

Welcome to the Famous Tom!!

Archived