Zombie Films

martoon

Probably been done before but what's your fave zombie film(s). Sit me in front of a good one and I'm as happy as a zombie in a room full of screaming people.

Any less obvious recommendations that I may have overlooked would be welcome too.

Samuel Camazzola

The re-runs of the first game of the 2014 /15 season. Great footage.

Dawnrazor

Watched Zombieland the other night, that's my favourite comedy one and the remake of Dawn of the Dead I think is my favourite.

chester copperpot

Watched Zombieland the other night, that's my favourite comedy one and the remake of Dawn of the Dead I think is my favourite.

Get ****ed. The original Dawn of the dead is miles better than the remake. And I mean miles.

Zombieland is a cracking movie and also enjoyed Land of the dead and World War Z despite hating Brad Pitt.

Zombie films are hard to classify in one lot.

You have the serious films and the ones you watch for the comedy value and general piss taking.

Best zombie film is probably Shaun of the dead.

chester copperpot

28 Days Later

Oooohh good shout although the sequel was pure pish.

Okay Dokey.

Plague Of The Zombies Hammer Studios

Very British, and very good.

Night Of The Living Dead

Dawn Of The Dead 1978

Day Of The Dead

Diary Of The Dead Bonus! It stars the very tasty fox, Michelle Morgan. Schwing!

All excellent and all by the master of the genre, George A. Romero.

Return Of The Living Dead

If you want a bit of a laugh watch this one. Bonus! Sexy graveyard dance by a naked punkette.

Better call Saul

Dawn of the Dead (1978 version)

Evil Dead 3

I didnt think eveil dead was a zombie movie ! was it not more of demons and other stuff ? I havent seen 2 or 3

World war Z watchable but to much CGI and the story line worse than most zombie movies

The new Dawn of the dead was great it had Zombies that were aggresive and fast where as the older dawn of the dead the zombies were dopey , slow and i found it hard to belive they could ever take over the world so it made the story line pish

the agrresion shown by the wee lassie and the nurses husband lewis  at the start of the movie was superb !!!!

28 days later had it going on the start of the 28 weeks later movie was gripping stuff for a zombie movie the rest of it was average

day of the dead , night of the living dead and the living dead etc were just slow slow slow but someparts funny

Konrad von Carstein

28 Days Later is not a Zombie filum.......Romeros films are the standard , but sadly have not aged well, it would be an idea for someone to recreate the essence of his films rather than the horror /comedy pish that has been released instead.

A Waliking Dead on speed so to speak is what 's required....

Shanks said no

Watched The Girl With All the Gifts a couple of nights ago and it was a bit different.

Train to Busan had some of the best high speed Zombie scenes I have ever seen. Subtitled Korean film that puts some off.

hughesie27

28 Days Later is not a Zombie filum.......Romeros films are the standard , but sadly have not aged well, it would be an idea for someone to recreate the essence of his films rather than the horror /comedy pish that has been released instead.

A Waliking Dead on speed so to speak is what 's required....

How is it not a Zombie film?

Has anyone watched Night of the Living Dead in 3D? I downloaded a copy, maybe 8 or 9 years ago, and haven't watched it yet. It's the old type of 3D, where you wear the coloured glasses.

Thanks for the replies.

Zombieland

Sean

Plague of

Night of (1968)

Dawn of (1978)

are all favourites.

World War Z and the one set on the island were abysmal.

28 Days Later

Good call.

28 Weeks starts really well but tails of pretty quickly.

Okay Dokey.

Plague Of The Zombies Hammer Studios

Very British, and very good.

Night Of The Living Dead

Dawn Of The Dead 1978

Day Of The Dead

Diary Of The Dead Bonus! It stars the very tasty fox, Michelle Morgan. Schwing!

All excellent and all by the master of the genre, George A. Romero.

Return Of The Living Dead

If you want a bit of a laugh watch this one. Bonus! Sexy graveyard dance by a naked punkette.

Plague of...was the first horror film I saw. Aged 6 in the early 70's when they did a double bill on Saturday nights, iirc. My dad let me stay up. Terrified but I loved it. Still do.

Good call about Michelle Morgan. Decent film too.

Watched The Girl With All the Gifts a couple of nights ago and it was a bit different.

Train to Busan had some of the best high speed Zombie scenes I have ever seen. Subtitled Korean film that puts some off.

Cheers. I'll look out for the Korean film. Not put off by subtitles and I doubt the zombies will say much anyway. ;)

vegas-voss

Good ending on Girl With All The Gifts

My dear chap, zombies should not, will not and cannot run.

luckyBatistuta

Dawn of the Dead...proper zombie movie

The Return of the Living Dead...hilarious zombie movie

Train to Busan...best zombie film I've seen in years

Braindead...another hilarious zombie film, the lawnmower scene :rofl:

luckyBatistuta

28 Days Later is not a Zombie filum.......

Correct :thumb:

They're not the living dead, they just have a virus.

Do The Dance

Original dawn of the dead is my favourite by a margin.

I do really like Shaun of the Dead too, in a different way with it being a comedy/horror.

Nowhere near 'Shaun of the dead' or 'Zombieland' standards but a few comedy zombie films not mentioned yet:

Wasted Away
Fido
Juan of the Dead

In terms of horror (the last 2, like '28 days' may be argued aren't zombie films):

Rammbock (Decent German horror)
Pontypool

Rec

and for a slightly different take on the zombie film:

Colin (Very low budget - but a decent watch imho)
Maggie

Say What Again

The is 28 Days Later a zombie film or not? Is a popular topic online. There are scores of pages debating it with most leaning toward it is a 'new zombie' film. Both points raised on this thread already are brought up nearly every time and discussed - they can run, and they're not dead.

I'm not saying anybody on the thread is wrong or right (except, you know, those how say it isn't a zombie film are wrong ;) ), but interestingly two of the three naysayers would go on to disagree about one of their choices too. luckyBatistuta plumps for Train to Busan (which I watched last week on the back of the JKB film recommendation thread and thoroughly enjoyed) but the 'zombies' certainly run in that film, so by Rousset1's reasoning, they're not zombies either - which also rules out World War Z

There seems to be a school of thought that if it's not a Romero style zombie, then it's not a zombie. Traditionalists who can't accept change I tell ye!

Taken a while to think about it but my favourite Zombie film that doesn't have a comedy element is REC.

Been a while since I watched it but isn't "Brain Dead" a zombie movie? An old Peter Jackson movie if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure I like the movies where zombies are the result of a virus though. I mean, if people get sick, the first port of call to make them better is a bowl of soup, a blanket and some rest. Not a bat and chainsaw to the head. Just another example of our modern uncaring society in my opinion....

The new Zombie film from Korea, Train to Busan is a belter. Just out on Bluray/DVD.

Been a while since I watched it but isn't "Brain Dead" a zombie movie? An old Peter Jackson movie if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure I like the movies where zombies are the result of a virus though. I mean, if people get sick, the first port of call to make them better is a bowl of soup, a blanket and some rest. Not a bat and chainsaw to the head. Just another example of our modern uncaring society in my opinion....

Are you thinking of Bad Taste?  That sprung to my mind too if so...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Taste

iantjambo

If '28 Days Later' is classed as a zombie movie then that's my favourite.

Or maybe 'I Am Legend'. Again though this may not be classed as a zombie movie.

Dawnrazor

Taken a while to think about it but my favourite Zombie film that doesn't have a comedy element is REC.

****!! I forgot about that, and REC 2, belters.

Say What Again

If '28 Days Later' is classed as a zombie movie then that's my favourite.

It does ;)

It's now official because as a matter of interest, I just Googled 'best zombie films of all time'... Not only is it the very first entry on Google's movie list at the top of the page, it appears on 7 of the first 8 lists.

The internet has spoken :P : https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=best+zombie+movies+of+all+time&oq=Best+zombie+movies+o&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.8617j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

Say What Again

Great shout

iantjambo

It does ;)

It's now official because as a matter of interest, I just Googled 'best zombie films of all time'... Not only is it the very first entry on Google's movie list at the top of the page, it appears on 7 of the first 8 lists.

The internet has spoken :P : https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=best+zombie+movies+of+all+time&oq=Best+zombie+movies+o&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.8617j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

tumblr_inline_n4wmdqVphI1qh2kpf.gif

28 Days Later it is then. Closely followed by I Am Legend.

Vincent B.A

I watched the girl with all the gifts too. thought that brilliant. Very original.

****!! I forgot about that, and REC 2, belters.

Loved REC and REC2.

REC3 and the US version of REC were poor.

Dawnrazor

Loved REC and REC2.

REC3 and the US version of REC were poor.

Aye, REC 3 was a disappointment, I wasn't aware there were American versions!!

Aye, REC 3 was a disappointment, I wasn't aware there were American versions!!

Just the first one, I think. It was painfully slow and pointless. It isn't called REC but I don't recall the name of the top of my head. Quarantine, maybe.

Didn't have the cute Spanish actress, either. :)

Edit: it is called "Quarantine".

Dawnrazor

The first time I watched REC 2 I thought it was the first film I'd watched since I was a young teenager that I found genuinely scary!!! When they were in the loft and they could only see that old woman thing through the nigh vision had me shyting myself!!!!

The first time I watched REC 2 I thought it was the first film I'd watched since I was a young teenager that I found genuinely scary!!! When they were in the loft and they could only see that old woman thing through the nigh vision had me shyting myself!!!!

That is a scary scene. "Don't go up there" I shouted at the telly. :D

That's the good shit right there :D

Dead Snow is a very enjoyable watch.

Seen trailers for it on the Horror Channel. Never fancied it but will give it a go. Cheers.

Archived