What Do We Need?

Eckauskas

Well, since the last one was locked for veering dramatically off course, what would you say we need to be ready for next season?

Seeing as I can't be realistically accused of being Hibee vermin and all.

IMO what we need is simple.

We need a manager to begin with. I wouldn't be overly disappointed at Vladimir Weiss being given the job. After all, our 'assistant manager' for the past 3 years has been called Vladimir. Any man who can lead a team to a league and cup double can't be that bad a manager.

Then we need to see a complete overhaul of the playing staff, top to bottom. If Darren Murray was accurate in saying none of the current crop will ever make it at Hearts, we should look to punt them. With the exceptions of McGowan, Visconte, Glen, Rapnik and Templeton. Unless anyone can shed any light on any good youngsters we have at Hearts that I might have missed out.

Then , I'd start working on the 1st team squad. We should look to offload Kingston ASAP. He's a massive wage drain and he's shown the square root of bugger all to justify that. We got him for 500k, I'd take ?1m-?1.5m for him right now tbh. Then ditch the deadwood like Basso, Elliot*, Jose, etc. I'd keep a handful of players like Bruno, Stewart and Pinilla. At least until January, punt him if he doesn't show anything.

Start scouting around the lower leagues. It's hoaching with decent talent if you look hard enough. The Snodgrass', Barrowman's et all. Then start looking further into the continent. Again, Spain, Italy, France and Germany can be full of top class players who aren't at big name clubs. Look at Moose or even Novo at Rangers. They had to come from somewhere.

Then, get some top quality coaches in. The best we can realistically attract.

THEN we might be ready for the upcoming season.

I'm not holding my breath though.

It's a lot to do in 4 or 5 weeks. I suspect of we do get a new manager we'll see a few change sbut the overhaul you describe will take until the January window. My worry is that we'll have a different Manager by then.

Charlie-Brown
Make sure you use the litter tray;)

That's just gross doing it indoors, away outside and do it in the neighbours garden. :laugh:

Toxteth O'Grady
That's just gross doing it indoors, away outside and do it in the neighbours garden. :laugh:

You've got Charlie well trained:)

a manager. :107years:

Wow, thats original.

Different threads?

Well, since the last one was locked for veering dramatically off course, what would you say we need to be ready for next season?

:rolleyes:

CornhillHearts

We need a new load of fans as the ones that are off the bus may not jump back on for awhile.

We need a good coach and manager as Dunx said and we need some luck. If we can turn the top 11 at club at moment into a unit I would be happy enough as they are not all as bad as they were last season, but its last chance saloon for most of them.

Exception for me is Goncavles as he is mince, but its all about opinions.

Drylaw Hearts
We need a new load of fans as the ones that are off the bus may not jump back on for awhile.

We need a good coach and manager as Dunx said and we need some luck. If we can turn the top 11 at club at moment into a unit I would be happy enough as they are not all as bad as they were last season, but its last chance saloon for most of them.

Exception for me is Goncavles as he is mince, but its all about opinions.

How do you suggest we attract these 'New Fans' ?

You are pretty much accurate in what you said we need.

Well obviously we need a manager. I don't really want any of the three but would be willing to give them a chance.

I would then look to get rid of as many players as possible. ie If we get a good offer for any of our players (Except some of the youngsters) then sell them.

But like you said I would be happy with keeping a handful of players although Michael Stewart wouldn't be one of them. Then for once we should try and get players from other SPL clubs like Gow, Darren Barr, Frazer Wright, Willo Flood. Players from down south either loans from premiership clubs and/or buys from the Coca-Cola leagues. And finally players from other European league. There is loads of players that are quality and affordable.

How do you suggest we attract these 'New Fans' ?

Probably the 2nd part of his post.

Archived