Betfair

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

I've had a few decent winners this week on my Betfair account, however when I come to taking the funds out, it will only let me take out what I've deposited on the card, which is only ?30.

Surely if I've won the cash I should be able to withdraw it into my account :confused:

I've had a few decent winners this week on my Betfair account, however when I come to taking the funds out, it will only let me take out what I've deposited on the card, which is only ?30.

Surely if I've won the cash I should be able to withdraw it into my account :confused:

I would have thought so John, give them a call and find out what the hampden is!

Maybe your constant gambling has eroded your "winnings"?

;)

The Old Tolbooth
Maybe your constant gambling has eroded your "winnings"?

;)

If you replace the word constant with constructive, you might be closer ;)

Ummm, to enable me to have a bet :confused:

:huh:

If continually depositing then ......

... 'losers' should quit whilst there are 'marginally' behind. :confused:

The Old Tolbooth
If continually depositing then ......

... 'losers' should quit whilst there are 'marginally' behind. :confused:

Ok Neobis, I'm assuming you've had a bit too much red wine tonight :confused:

Read my original post, I said I have only deposited ?30, and it will only let me withdraw ?30, but I have much more to withdraw.

Please explain why I am a loser and marginally behind, because I'm lost mate :wacko:

Ok Neobis, I'm assuming you've had a bit too much red wine tonight :confused:

Read my original post, I said I have only deposited ?30, and it will only let me withdraw ?30, but I have much more to withdraw.

Please explain why I am a loser and marginally behind, because I'm lost mate :wacko:

To begin with its neobis without a capital N. :)

Someone is a tad touchy and clearly maybe lost a "bit" tonight. Surely a winner does not deposit? He just creams it off his winnings?

It just seems you gamble constantly without very much success and especially now your industry is in down turn ... I feel these two negative might be destructive.

(especially after a couple of guys posted on the mortgage thread and you seemed to not know what they were talking about? ... I can post the link if you wish)

Touchy touchy ;)

Neobis.....yeah with a cap N

he put ?30 IN ,maybe a while ago , im not sure , he never lost , his winnings are over ?30 and he wants to take it out but it's only letting him take his initial ?30 out........wow

The Old Tolbooth

he put ?30 IN ,maybe a while ago , im not sure , he never lost , his winnings are over ?30 and he wants to take it out but it's only letting him take his initial ?30 out........wow

Thank you for explaining it Broomie Boy (or am I not allowed to use capitals lol)

I thought it was pretty straight forward myself :confused:

Wow...... why withdraw if you are only going to deposit again? ..... wow!

Seems like a common gambler trait; I have cashed money but wait a minute I have deposited double but I am still up ....... ;)

Thank you for explaining it Broomie Boy (or am I not allowed to use capitals lol)

I thought it was pretty straight forward myself :confused:

I love the gamblers euphoria only to find out they will gamble it all away and then some .... all chasing the impossible dream. ;)

The Old Tolbooth
To begin with its neobis without a capital N. :)

Someone is a tad touchy and clearly maybe lost a "bit" tonight. Surely a winner does not deposit? He just creams it off his winnings?

It just seems you gamble constantly without very much success and especially now your industry is in down turn ... I feel these two negative might be destructive.

(especially after a couple of guys posted on the mortgage thread and you seemed to not know what they were talking about? ... I can post the link if you wish)

Touchy touchy ;)

I would like to know how you come to that conclusion Neobis?

I seem to remember you saying you don't gamble at all, then finding you in the poker room. Tut tut.

Wow...... why withdraw if you are only going to deposit again? ..... wow!

Seems like a common gambler trait; I have cashed money but wait a minute I have deposited double but I am still up ....... ;)

maybe he's withdrawing his winnings and just leaving his initial ?30 play money that he can afford to lose.....thank god im on the coffee

I would like to know how you come to that conclusion Neobis?

I seem to remember you saying you don't gamble at all, then finding you in the poker room. Tut tut.

Was the poker room free money? ... Yes? then what's to gamble? Tut tut simple basics.

When I look at the horsing threads etc and read the replies most of your horses seem to lose, its just my observation; nothing more nothing less. ;)

maybe he's withdrawing his winnings and just leaving his initial ?30 play money that he can afford to lose.....thank god im on the coffee

A little silly no? Why withdraw it ALL only to know you are going to deposit it again????

Thank goodness I am on the tea and still some people seem not understand the simple basic principles.

The Old Tolbooth
I love the gamblers euphoria only to find out they will gamble it all away and then some .... all chasing the impossible dream. ;)

Ha ha!

Anyone who thinks they can get rich by gambling is a fool, only a handful of people do it, and I certainly don't pretend to be in that handful (I wish lol)

Because you say you never gamble (even although I've played poker with you) this might be a little difficult to understand if your not into it.

Look at it as a hobby, a controlled hobby however, more of a pastime if you like. If I decide to go to a race meeting, I set aside what I'm prepared to lose (in the rare event I don't hit any winners) and I stick to it. I discipline myself to a certain stake per horse, and don't go over that stake.

Even if I'm well ahead at a race meeting, I tend to stick to my stake so that I at least go home with a profit. That's the difference between a hobby, and an addiction, a hobby you can control, an addiction you cant.

I love horse racing as a sport, it's not everyones cup of tea, but it's mine, and it's probably the only sport I would go and watch rather than watching Hearts (although last season even cricket became appealing :wacko:)

As for being touchy, apologies if it came across like that, it wasn't meant to, I was merely stating a point. :)

Ha ha!

Anyone who thinks they can get rich by gambling is a fool, only a handful of people do it, and I certainly don't pretend to be in that handful (I wish lol)

Because you say you never gamble (even although I've played poker with you) this might be a little difficult to understand if your not into it.

Look at it as a hobby, a controlled hobby however, more of a pastime if you like. If I decide to go to a race meeting, I set aside what I'm prepared to lose (in the rare event I don't hit any winners) and I stick to it. I discipline myself to a certain stake per horse, and don't go over that stake.

Even if I'm well ahead at a race meeting, I tend to stick to my stake so that I at least go home with a profit. That's the difference between a hobby, and an addiction, a hobby you can control, an addiction you cant.

I love horse racing as a sport, it's not everyones cup of tea, but it's mine, and it's probably the only sport I would go and watch rather than watching Hearts (although last season even cricket became appealing :wacko:)

As for being touchy, apologies if it came across like that, it wasn't meant to, I was merely stating a point. :)

For someone that seems to gamble daily, I would class that as an addiction.

As I would a smoker or a drinker .... oops ... you might also fit into these? ;) [joke]

The Old Tolbooth
Was the poker room free money? ... Yes? then what's to gamble? Tut tut simple basics.

When I look at the horsing threads etc and read the replies most of your horses seem to lose, its just my observation; nothing more nothing less. ;)

It doesn't matter if it's free or not, you told me you didn't gamble at all, and even if the chips were free, you still gambled with them.

Dress it up whatever way you like, it was still gambling.

;)

The Old Tolbooth
For someone that seems to gamble daily, I would class that as an addiction.

What makes you think I gamble daily?

Also never smoked in my life, however I do enjoy a tipple.

Hate red wine though.

What makes you think I gamble daily?

Also never smoked in my life, however I do enjoy a tipple.

Hate red wine though.

Just when I read these horsing threads? You always seem to have a bet etc.

Fair play on red wine though; I have been on the tea [green tea] tonight.

It doesn't matter if it's free or not, you told me you didn't gamble at all, and even if the chips were free, you still gambled with them.

Dress it up whatever way you like, it was still gambling.

;)

How can you gamble when you have nothing to lose?

Gambling is about winning and losing! Simple; when you have nothing to lose because its all free money then you are not gambling. I was finding out about this craze called poker and to be honest to was quite boring.

Dress it up to convince yourself that gambling is OK but I reckon you are losing X amount a month over a year ;)

How much have I lost ....... nothing ... why is that ... oh yes; I don't gamble.

The Old Tolbooth

Ok, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here seeing as you seem to know very little about gambling sensibly.

When I back horses, I like everyone else have good and bad days when I take to it, however, when I hit a winner, it normally pays for 4 or 5 losers.

I'll give you an example, I backed 3 horses tonight, and only 1 of them won. Now to someone who doesn't gamble, that might seem like a loss, but the 2 horses I backed I had a fiver on each of them and was ten quid down, however the horse that won, won at a price of 8/1 (well that's the price I got on Betfair, it returned at 13/2), and had a tenner on it, meaning as profit of ?60 for the sake of being bored for an hour. (did I mention I was playing with the bookies money already?)

I can read horse form and understand it, although horse racing is as corrupt as the SFA (if not worse if that's possible!) and can make a fair bit from it. Not everyone understands it, some folk are even scared of it, and worst of all, some folk pretend to understand it and lose a bloody fortune!:eek:

I have to say though that I would never bet big time like some folk because the sport is so corrupt, and you can never tell for sure which horse is going to win etc, as you don't know which ones are being schooled (sent out for a run without actually trying) to boost prices for the next race.

Anyway, that's my hobby, and I like it. It's like going to work, you get good days and bad days, but any wife who thinks your going down to the bookies for fun is seriously mistaken! It can be torture sometimes, and when you realise it's one of them days, you walk away. That's the difference between a hobby and an addiction ;)

Ok, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here seeing as you seem to know very little about gambling sensibly.

When I back horses, I like everyone else have good and bad days when I take to it, however, when I hit a winner, it normally pays for 4 or 5 losers.

I'll give you an example, I backed 3 horses tonight, and only 1 of them won. Now to someone who doesn't gamble, that might seem like a loss, but the 2 horses I backed I had a fiver on each of them and was ten quid down, however the horse that won, won at a price of 8/1 (well that's the price I got on Betfair, it returned at 13/2), and had a tenner on it, meaning as profit of ?60 for the sake of being bored for an hour. (did I mention I was playing with the bookies money already?)

I can read horse form and understand it, although horse racing is as corrupt as the SFA (if not worse if that's possible!) and can make a fair bit from it. Not everyone understands it, some folk are even scared of it, and worst of all, some folk pretend to understand it and lose a bloody fortune!:eek:

I have to say though that I would never bet big time like some folk because the sport is so corrupt, and you can never tell for sure which horse is going to win etc, as you don't know which ones are being schooled (sent out for a run without actually trying) to boost prices for the next race.

Anyway, that's my hobby, and I like it. It's like going to work, you get good days and bad days, but any wife who thinks your going down to the bookies for fun is seriously mistaken! It can be torture sometimes, and when you realise it's one of them days, you walk away. That's the difference between a hobby and an addiction ;)

Yes a but as you have proved you are continually gambling.

i.e If someone was drinking everyday then they [in my eyes] are an alcoholic.

Are you up overall from gambling .. I guess not ... then why still do it?

The Old Tolbooth
Yes a but as you have proved you are continually gambling.

i.e If someone was drinking everyday then they [in my eyes] are an alcoholic.

Are you up overall from gambling .. I guess not ... then why still do it?

Why ask me a question and then answer it yourself? :confused:

P.S. Are you married?

Why ask me a question and then answer it yourself? :confused:

P.S. Are you married?

I never answered it ... look at my reply .. I guess not. :confused:

In answer to your question, yes I am.

The Old Tolbooth
I never answered it ... look at my reply .. I guess not. :confused:

In answer to your question, yes I am.

Right enough, I thought it was your wife advertising the set of encyclopedias for sale in the EEN stating that they were no longer needed as her hubby appeared to know everything. ;)

Right enough, I thought it was your wife advertising the set of encyclopedias for sale in the EEN stating that they were no longer needed as her hubby appeared to know everything. ;)

Retort to slagging ....... it says it all ..... its kinda predictable .... ;)

The Old Tolbooth
Retort to slagging ....... it says it all ..... its kinda predictable .... ;)

I call it light hearted humour, now who's touchy ;)

P.S - Its encyclopaedias ;)

I call it light hearted humour, now who's touchy ;)

Oh dear look at my smiley, someone is ?ber touchy and desperate to get one over on me. :)

The Old Tolbooth
P.S - Its encyclopaedias ;)

I swear if you didn't tell me you were married that I would think you were a female because you always seem to want the last word, sheeesh! :rolleyes:

unless it was a lesbian marriage of course

I swear if you didn't tell me you were married that I would think you were a female because you always seem to want the last word, sheeesh! :rolleyes:

I apologise to correct you again on simple basics [as already stated] :rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth
Oh dear look at my smiley, someone is ?ber touchy and desperate to get one over on me. :)

Ha ha ha!! Don't flatter yourself mate, nice try though :D

Ha ha ha!! Don't flatter yourself mate, nice try though :D

Nice try? :eek:

Don't try and wriggle out of it, its there and apparent for all to see. :rolleyes:

Keep trying though. You might get there.

The Old Tolbooth

Anyway, do you know anything about Betfair because I cant get through to them tonight and would like to know the answer to my original question?

If not, then it's a bit of a waste of 25 or so posts.

The Old Tolbooth
Nice try? :eek:

Don't try and wriggle out of it, its there and apparent for all to see. :rolleyes:

Keep trying though. You might get there.

Errmmm, wriggle out of what lol?? :confused:

I wish I could live on planet neobis ;)

Anyway, do you know anything about Betfair because I cant get through to them tonight and would like to know the answer to my original question?

If not, then it's a bit of a waste of 25 or so posts.

No idea.

Maybe your phone has been cut off as you have gambled too much and you have not paid your phone bill. ;)

Case closed.

The Old Tolbooth
No idea.

Maybe your phone has been cut off as you have gambled too much and you have not paid your phone bill. ;)

Case closed.

Heh heh, wishful thinking old bean. ;)

EDIT- I'm off to bed now, I'm knackered. I'll call tomorrow at some point and see what they say, if you want a tip for tomorrow let me know ;)

Heh heh, wishful thinking old bean. ;)

EDIT- I'm off to bed now, I'm knackered. I'll call tomorrow at some point and see what they say, if you want a tip for tomorrow let me know ;)

:)

But not unpredictable.

:)

EDIT: Tip away I'll add it to your loses column ;)

John, have you added a new card to your account recently?

Betfair will only let you withdraw to the new card once you withdrawals are at least equal to deposits on your old card. So if you have a +ive net deposit on your old card then herein lies the problem.

You get me?

The Old Tolbooth
John, have you added a new card to your account recently?

Betfair will only let you withdraw to the new card once you withdrawals are at least equal on your old card. So if you have a -ive net deposit on your old card then herein lies the problem.

You get me?

Brilliant Soops, I didn't realise that mate.

I added a new card 2 months ago and didn't remove the old card as for some reason it wouldn't let me, but that makes perfect sense mate. I know what to do now.

Cheers for that :)

Brilliant Soops, I didn't realise that mate.

I added a new card 2 months ago and didn't remove the old card as for some reason it wouldn't let me, but that makes perfect sense mate. I know what to do now.

Cheers for that :)

No problem mate.

By -ive net deposit I obviously mean +ive net deposit!! :confused:

The Old Tolbooth
No problem mate.

By -ive net deposit I obviously mean +ive net deposit!! :confused:

It's ok, I got it lol!!

Hold me to a pint for that mate :)

Wow, the drunk guy made a mistake. Let's all laugh at him.

Get tae...

Such aggression.

You must have been drinking? I aint.

One rule for one ...... ;)

Archived