Ugo Ehiogu

Locky

Absolute shocker like, i knew he had collapsed but didn't realise it was anything really serious.

Mind that peach he scored against Celtic as well.

Has died aged 44. :(

Heart attack at the training ground where he coached their under 23's, very sad and scary at his age and fitness level.

chester copperpot

Couple of years older than me and as fit as a fiddle.

Just goes to show that you can take all the precautions.

John Findlay

Tremendous defender for the Villa. What a relatively young age to die. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

As a Villa fan i watched Ugo and he was a brilliant player and a huge fans favourite, him and McGrath were a great combination at the back.

Brutal that he has died so young.

You may well find later that an underlying heart issue that he wasnt aware of is the cause.

loveofthegame

Horrible. So young. Another reminder, if ever it were needed, that it could happen to any one of us at any time.

Scarier given it happened at Spurs training ground were there will be defibrillators and doctors on site.

Really sad. Watching news about tributes from former clubs.How do you think the sfa will deal with Sunday ?

Such a shame, 44 is far to young for someone to pass. Thoughts and prayers with his family. RIP x

Bridge of Djoum

Really sad. Watching news about tributes from former clubs.How do you think the sfa will deal with Sunday ?

I suppose The Rangers could request something prior to kick-off, but as he was there a relatively brief period, and he was more recognised as an Aston Villa player, I'm not sure it's relevant.

Bridge of Djoum

Heart attack at the training ground where he coached their under 23's, very sad and scary at his age and fitness level.

''Cardiac Arrest''

Is this the same as a heart attack? Genuine question, not trying to be awkward.

Morgaro Gomis

''Cardiac Arrest''

Is this the same as a heart attack? Genuine question, not trying to be awkward.

Similar but not the same thing. From my limited knowledge a heart attack is where part of the heart has died due to a blockage in the arteries stopping blood from reaching the heart.

A cardiac arrest is where the heart stops beating, meaning it no longer is pumping blood around the body.

That's my understanding atleast, in very simplistic terms. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable in the area could correct me or give a better description.

I suppose The Rangers could request something prior to kick-off, but as he was there a relatively brief period, and he was more recognised as an Aston Villa player, I'm not sure it's relevant.

yes I take your point I'm sure villa will give him a fitting tribute.

A real shame and it's no age to go. I always liked him as a player - solid and committed - and he seemed like a good bloke. Merson was very upset on Sky earlier.

Couple of years older than me and as fit as a fiddle.

Just goes to show that you can take all the precautions.

So sad

Your right, it's a lottery , a good mate of mine died on the treadmill at the gym, he was 31 and fitness fanatic, my old grandad smoked 40 woodbine every day from the age of 14 and had a cooked breakfast every morning, died in his sleep aged 84.

Guess The Crowd

Great player, and seems to have been a genuinely great guy.

Can't post it online, but Henry Winter's piece on him in The Times today is excellent.

Archived