Development Planning....Behind Schedule

jkato

Just checked a few dates on the City Council portal regards our planning application, and according to the site, planning should have been given the go-ahead on the 8th day of May.

Does anyone know what the hold-up is?

Lochend Brazil
Just checked a few dates on the City Council portal regards our planning application, and according to the site, planning should have been given the go-ahead on the 8th day of May.

Does anyone know what the hold-up is?

Not sure mate but give it 5 mins and myhouseisonwheels.net will surely give us the answer. Sergey sore ass and the other down and outs will be linking this baby over.

TBH I don't think a decision was ever due until Aug/Sept at the earliest. Although they are mutterings about this being late. I suspect the council are watching events with great interest at Hearts - as we have to provide evidence of funds iro removal nursery and whisky vats etc... and I hear we have a short term cash flow problem.

As usual any delay with be down to Hearts. From what I hear the council are very keen to progress this but require certain assurances from Hearts before doing so (see above).

Guest jambomickey

as far as i"m aware decision by council in august/september and all being well work to start on new stand end of this season coming up

Not sure mate but give it 5 mins and myhouseisonwheels.net will surely give us the answer. Sergey sore ass and the other down and outs will be linking this baby over.

:laugh:

Laughed out loud at that.

chester copperpot

:rofl:

Best one I've heard.

We are looking for consent from the council sometime this summer.

Got at least a good couple of months before we start the "why we've not got planning permission yet" threads...:P:p;)

The official "timeline".... http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Tynecastle2010Detail/0,,10289~1091729,00.html

The "official timeline" says that demolition will start on Autumn 2008. That's about 3 months away.

No chance!

TBH I don't think a decision was ever due until Aug/Sept at the earliest. Although they are mutterings about this being late. I suspect the council are watching events with great interest at Hearts - as we have to provide evidence of funds iro removal nursery and whisky vats etc... and I hear we have a short term cash flow problem.

As usual any delay with be down to Hearts. From what I hear the council are very keen to progress this but require certain assurances from Hearts before doing so (see above).

the delay has nothing to do with hearts the council have asked hearts to down size certain parts of the scheme as they feel its to much in your face

there is a full time set of arch and engineers working on this

Carl Spackler

If there is any problem the council aren't making it public. There's no minutes of meetings, correspondence with Hearts, records of emails or requests to Hearts for an extension of time to determine the application in the online case file.

The planner hasn't reported yet or made any recommendation for approval or refusal.

It could simply be that some consultees are taking a while to respond and they are taking a long time to report. Applications of any size seem to always take much longer than the prescribed period to determine. I thought with this being so high profile the planners would accelerate it however.

Archived