Unjust criticism

JAMMY1980

Voice of reason

BT Sport did nothing wrong whatsoever in fact I would credit them and applaud them for saying it exactly as thousands of Hearts fans are seeing it. Sutton's commentary was actually insightful from an absolute top class player. He has no allegiance to Hearts but was speaking from the perspective of what the **** is this. Totally bewildering tactics, slow, ponderous, lacking in desire and aggression, nonsensical isolation of the striker etc etc. Anyone getting upset about what he or the studio had to say is as big a pussy as the guys masquerading as Hearts players. We need as many people as possible calling out this charade, this experiment, this boot camp bullshit. Its the only way it might be brought crashing down as it is an unmitigated shambles right now.

I couldn't disagree more to be honest. I switched on the tele not really that bothered about the result - pretty much given up on 4th. However, the relentless anti-Cathro agenda from the BT pundits was so OTT that by the end I would have cut my arm off for a Hearts winner. They went to that match with only one agenda and it started long before a ball was kicked - would they have acted like petty schoolboys with any other club in Scotland? Hearts were poor last night but dominated the first-half [without any cutting edge], as admitted by McCulloch, who lambasted his team for letting us stroll through the first 45 mins, yet the half-time talk never mentioned Killie's tactical ineptitude.  And, no, that was not because Hearts are bigger and people expect more - they would not have done this with Rangers in a million years - Ally McCoist was never given as harsh treatment as Cathro despite his ?10k a week players not being able to beat part-time plumbers. That was disgraceful coverage and Craigen, in particular, should be ashamed - the guy acts like a toddler having a tantrum whenever Cathro is mentioned - should never be allowed to be a professional pundit with that level of immaturity. 

upgotheheads

I heard Richard Gordon stating the match stats showed that Killie were unlucky not to win.

No they didn't and Allan Preston just jumps on the BBC 'bash Hearts' bandwagon.

The game was poor but Hearts controlled most of it against a solid killie defence. The real winner was the pitch which stopped everybody playing.

Not much to disagree with Sutton about. His comments regarding Goncalves were accurate.

What about these comments:

Kilmarnock have been superb this half. - Really Chris ?

Bring in Johnson to hold it up. - WTF Chris

Jamie Walker substitution was bizarre. - Walker was brutal

Martin coming in means shutting up shop. - Well done Chris, the final piece of pish from you.

kingantti1874

I couldn't disagree more to be honest. I switched on the tele not really that bothered about the result - pretty much given up on 4th. However, the relentless anti-Cathro agenda from the BT pundits was so OTT that by the end I would have cut my arm off for a Hearts winner. They went to that match with only one agenda and it started long before a ball was kicked - would they have acted like petty schoolboys with any other club in Scotland? Hearts were poor last night but dominated the first-half [without any cutting edge], as admitted by McCulloch, who lambasted his team for letting us stroll through the first 45 mins, yet the half-time talk never mentioned Killie's tactical ineptitude. And, no, that was not because Hearts are bigger and people expect more - they would not have done this with Rangers in a million years - Ally McCoist was never given as harsh treatment as Cathro despite his ?10k a week players not being able to beat part-time plumbers. That was disgraceful coverage and Craigen, in particular, should be ashamed - the guy acts like a toddler having a tantrum whenever Cathro is mentioned - should never be allowed to be a professional pundit with that level of immaturity.

The fact that Craigan has so far been proven correct is the bigger problem ..

BT chose a terrible game to cover and needed to make a story or else it goes down as a mistake. In the absence of any football, major incident or talking point they went to town on passing notes.

If there's been any goals, incidents or controversy they'd have focused on that and 'notes gate' wouldn't have even arisen

Seymour M Hersh

What game were you watching? Boyd came close at least twice and had he scored we would have lost that game. Passing the ball three or four times between defence and mid is not controlling the game.

Had we scored we would have won. Only going by your logic.

I don't want to take away from people unhappy with our performance last night. I share the concerns.

But in terms of the thread I said last week I'd wonder if there would be big features on the plight of Dundee and the performance of Paul Hartley after 6 defeats in a row. People can maybe refer me to these as I didn't see any.

Now Dundee are in the play off spot after 7 defeats in a row maybe there will be this week.

Some might even compare Paul Hartley's performance with another manager under pressure. And the factor that Ian Cathro was favoured for the Hearts job over more experienced ex players like notably Paul Hartley.

I don't want to take away from people unhappy with our performance last night. I share the concerns.

But in terms of the thread I said last week I'd wonder if there would be big features on the plight of Dundee and the performance of Paul Hartley after 6 defeats in a row. People can maybe refer me to these as I didn't see any.

Now Dundee are in the play off spot after 7 defeats in a row maybe there will be this week.

Some might even compare Paul Hartley's performance with another manager under pressure. And the factor that Ian Cathro was favoured for the Hearts job over more experienced ex players like notably Paul Hartley.

Dundee will NEVER get the attention Hearts do. We are a far bigger fish in the same small pond. Frankly who gives a shit what they do or are doing, it has nothing to do with our woeful efforts.

As an aside experienced managers were not even in the mix for the Hearts job. We sabotaged our own search for the best possible candidate due to some fantasyland boot camp philosophy which is destined for complete failure and because our arrogant DoF could not control a more senior individual.

Dundee will NEVER get the attention Hearts do. We are a far bigger fish in the same small pond. Frankly who gives a shit what they do or are doing, it has nothing to do with our woeful efforts.

As an aside experienced managers were not even in the mix for the Hearts job. We sabotaged our own search for the best possible candidate due to some fantasyland boot camp philosophy which is destined for complete failure and because our arrogant DoF could not control a more senior individual.

Better candidates like Paul Hartley?

You think the media should ignore Dundee since this thread was about unjust criticism by media.

You think the media should ignore Dundee since this thread was about unjust criticism by media.

Has anyone seriously suggested Hartley recently?? For what it is worth he is very likely to get the sack and while all the Dundee fans I know want that none of them would take Cathro instead.

Bazzas right boot

We are utter pish.

The commentators said it as it was.

We were better than them.

Has anyone seriously suggested Hartley recently?? For what it is worth he is very likely to get the sack and while all the Dundee fans I know want that none of them would take Cathro instead.

Craig Fowler, journalist and Hearts fan just tweeted in response to this question that some of his mates were wanting Hartley after game last week.

Along with Tommy Wright he was also favoured by Kris Boyd and Stephen Craigan as the sort who should get the job in front of Cathro.

My point is about the media.

I've no idea who wants or wanted Paul Hartley but I can guarantee you one thing: You have absolutely no idea of the job he would do at Tynecastle. Just because he has had periods of ups and downs at Dundee and is currently struggling badly does not mean he would fail at Hearts. With a massively increased budget and all that the 2017 Hearts have to offer in terms of facilities and the soon to be developed stadium, he may well succeed and he'd definitely be doing a better job than IC. He also has the goodwill of the fans given his tremendous contribution as a player.

The media will never give as much attention to a club like Dundee who simply don't hold as much interest out with their own modest support. The snowflakes amongst our own support need to pull themselves together and focus on the dire way the football side of our club is being run rather than wasting their time worrying about or blaming a media who are going to jump on our obvious and real failings.

I've no idea who wants or wanted Paul Hartley but I can guarantee you one thing: You have absolutely no idea of the job he would do at Tynecastle. Just because he has had periods of ups and downs at Dundee and is currently struggling badly does not mean he would fail at Hearts. With a massively increased budget and all that the 2017 Hearts have to offer in terms of facilities and the soon to be developed stadium, he may well succeed and he'd definitely be doing a better job than IC. He also has the goodwill of the fans given his tremendous contribution as a player.

The media will never give as much attention to a club like Dundee who simply don't hold as much interest out with their own modest support. The snowflakes amongst our own support need to pull themselves together and focus on the dire way the football side of our club is being run rather than wasting their time worrying about or blaming a media who are going to jump on our obvious and real failings.

I focus on being positive and supporting the club?

What is a snowflake?

Bazzas right boot

What is a snowflake?

He means everyone is unique and special in Thier own way, just like a snowflake.

Quite a compliment.

He means everyone is unique and special in Thier own way, just like a snowflake.

Quite a compliment.

That's exactly what what I mean :)

JennytheJambo

I loved when they said Killie had been "superb" - playing at home and didn't manage an effort on target.

I wasn't hearing things then superb in what way?

What is a snowflake?

Good for you. I also support the club but there comes a time where I'm well within my rights to question the sense and validity of decisions being made. I've expressed in other threads my defence of Levein on many occasions but he's lost my backing as I am frankly disgusted by his hiding behind Budge and his disappearing act over the last few months. I believe he only has his own interests in mind. The Hearts support willl recognize that in increasing numbers in due course.

Good for you. I also support the club but there comes a time where I'm well within my rights to question the sense and validity of decisions being made. I've expressed in other threads my defence of Levein on many occasions but he's lost my backing as I am frankly disgusted by his hiding behind Budge and his disappearing act over the last few months. I believe he only has his own interests in mind. The Hearts support willl recognize that in increasing numbers in due course.

Craig LEVEIN cares about ONE thing and that is Craig LEVEIN.

Lincon Premier

Had we scored we would have won. Only going by your logic.

I dare say we would have but you can't deny Killie had some decent chances. They had the ball in the net ( offside flag was up ) BUT Hamilton was never getting to the ball for a save, even if he didn't react due to the flag.

Craig LEVEIN cares about ONE thing and that is Craig LEVEIN.

I would have to say I have come around to that thinking. Thats been influenced by people who I have the utmost respect for who have close links within the club far more than it has been by the increasing number of people saying it on JKB too!

I would have to say I have come around to that thinking. Thats been influenced by people who I have the utmost respect for who have close links within the club far more than it has been by the increasing number of people saying it on JKB too!

I have an open mind on CL. I'm prepared to be patient but I understand the frustration that many are feeling.

He does seem to rub a lot of people up the wrong way. I'm curious to know more about his refusal to do interviews with BT though. I would have thought as DOF that he would have obligations to do interviews

I have an open mind on CL. I'm prepared to be patient but I understand the frustration that many are feeling.

He does seem to rub a lot of people up the wrong way. I'm curious to know more about his refusal to do interviews with BT though. I would have thought as DOF that he would have obligations to do interviews

He spat the dummy out with the media when they slated him for his shambolic effort as Scotlands Manager.

HeartsInMyBlood

2 clean sheets in a row

4 points out of 6

Saints pumped

Still got a chance ofcatching them

Was boiling on Friday night but simmered down now

Not hugely happy with the last dozen games but it takes time to change: are we gonna knee jerk or take the longer view? I'd rather we made the effort to give it a go rather than u-turn and head back to the choice of the Largs establishment or some other ex pro's. Even taking a foreign coach is a gamble - for every Sergio there's a Csaba!!

2 clean sheets in a row

4 points out of 6

Saints pumped

Still got a chance ofcatching them

Was boiling on Friday night but simmered down now

Not hugely happy with the last dozen games but it takes time to change: are we gonna knee jerk or take the longer view? I'd rather we made the effort to give it a go rather than u-turn and head back to the choice of the Largs establishment or some other ex pro's. Even taking a foreign coach is a gamble - for every Sergio there's a Csaba!!

Thought Csaba got us 3rd place...

What did the media say after Rangers drew 0-0 with Killie last week?

Did BT point out that that result was a point better than our last visit there?

Thought Csaba got us 3rd place...

Neilson got us third place also....

:)

I seem to recall that Csaba introduced us to this new term known as 'eye bleeding football'

But you are right Csaba did better in the league than Sergio did.

Sergio had a few very lucky moments and one great game when it mattered.

Over the piece Csaba was probably a better manager for us but less successful to the extent that he didn't win the cup.

Killie didn't have a shot on target? I'd be surprised if that's happened in an SPFL Premiership match more than five times this season

Massively increased budget? Dundee pay the 5th highest average wages in the league. Sir Paul is well supported and imo underachieving at Dundee. League position to player budget supports the argument.

You say that you can guarantee Mikey has absolutely no idea of the job PH would do at Tynecastle but that you can guarantee that PH would do a better job than Cathro. Nonsense, two opinions and neither can be guaranteed, don't delude yourself into thinking your opinion is fact.

Loved Paul Hartley as a player btw but don't think he's a better option at taking the club forward.

Archived