US womens national team beaten 5-2 by Texan kids

peter_hmfc

To be fair, it was just a scrimmage, which means the U.S. women were working on team chemistry and on pitch alignment and strategy more than they were focused on results. Still, a three-goal victory by a bunch of teenage boys (high school freshmen at the oldest) against the world?s best women is no small accomplishment.

:rofl:

Wonder if our players can get away with that excuse :lol:

Turning it round slightly. I wonder if it would be an option to loan Johnsen to Hearts Ladies until the end of the season to see if it'll toughen him up a bit ?

No surprise. Women's football is simply awful.

Women's football can and never should be compared to the men's game, the speed and strength of the men's game just doesn't compare.

To say it's awful is not fair, at a young age e.g. U15s the technique and skill levels between boys and girls is comparable, as they get older boys physically leave the girls behind

But to be fair I've never seen a good woman goalkeeper, it could be a design fault I don't know

I have no idea why women's teams feel they have to take on male teams, it proves nothing, and 9/10 the male team will win comfortably

:rofl:

Wonder if our players can get away with that excuse :lol:

Ian Cathro's post-match interview.

Bazzas right boot

I enjoyed the world cup.

Decent periods of play.

Comparing woman sportspeople to men is just silly.

The one thing i think should be done is the goals Should be made smaller and possibly the pitch.

I'm surprised the young lads Could concentrate, if i was playing them I'd have trouble Keeping my focus.

Art Vanderlay

On a football pitch, every oneof the US women's team including the goalie would run rings around and humiliate every poster on this thread.

On a football pitch, every oneof the US women's team including the goalie would run rings around and humiliate every poster on this thread.

Bet they wouldn't.

Captain Sausage

Seeing as there are plenty of junior level players on this forum, I doubt that.

Would be pretty confident the Shetland men's team would destroy the USWNT. (And most of their players aren't even junior level)

Surprised at this to be honest. I play in a five-a-side game with a girl in her mid to late twenties who used to play for Spartans in the top Scottish league, and also with Neil Irvine who was once on Hearts' books and plays in the Legends games. Obviously there's an age difference to be accounted for, but while Neil might just have the edge, there really isn't much to choose between the two on a small pitch. It sounds to me as though this wasn't just any old kids' team.

Would be pretty confident the Shetland men's team would destroy the USWNT. (And most of their players aren't even junior level)

The USWNT would get relegated mercilessly from the Scottish League Two.

rick witter

Surprised at this to be honest. I play in a five-a-side game with a girl in her mid to late twenties who used to play for Spartans in the top Scottish league, and also with Neil Irvine who was once on Hearts' books and plays in the Legends games. Obviously there's an age difference to be accounted for, but while Neil might just have the edge, there really isn't much to choose between the two on a small pitch. It sounds to me as though this wasn't just any old kids' team.

Fives is completely different to 11 a side though mate. All aspects of the game are different in my opinion. I've played with guys who were great 5s players but just not so goods on the bigger pitch

The goalies are always rank.  They flap at balls that come straight at them, stand in odd positions off their line, and I can't think of even one time I've seen a female goalkeeper make a diving save to the bottom or top corners.

If you were to put the ball to the sides, or just smash it at full power, you will likely score.

I bet you these laddies knew this, and rightfully walked all over them.

Bazzas right boot

In my 5's game the girl we play with holds her own. Outside at 7's she useless. Basically too slow.

On the tighter pitch indoors it's not as noticeable as touch and passing is more important. Outside running and pace are a big part.

I agree that woman's football would benefit from smaller goals and pitch.

Same reasoning as to why the women's tees on a golf course are further forward.

Bridge of Djoum

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/the-fc-dallas-u-15-academy-team-beat-the-u-s-women-s-national-team-5-2

:rofl: :rofl:

Arguably the best that womens football has to offer... beaten by kids not old enough to watch certain episodes of South Park :lol: .

So, the moral is what? What do we learn from this?

Pretty cringey post really. Pathetic. 

It's no surprise. The Aussie women's national team (fifth best in the world) got papped 7-0 off an Aussie club sides under 15s.

It wouldn't bother me if the BBC didn't regularly give more prominence to women's football than it does to the second best attended league in Europe.

So, the moral is what? What do we learn from this?

Pretty cringey post really. Pathetic.

Hit a nerve hard it seems. Jambos Kickback posts don't have to have a moral-of-the-story, just funny the womens World Cup and Olympic champions got beaten by 14 year olds who probably can't even watch Jerry Springer.

It's no surprise. The Aussie women's national team (fifth best in the world) got papped 7-0 off an Aussie club sides under 15s.

It wouldn't bother me if the BBC didn't regularly give more prominence to women's football than it does to the second best attended league in Europe.

The USWNT have played kids before, they played the mens under-17s and got beat 8-2 :rofl: .

Bridge of Djoum

Hit a nerve hard it seems. Jambos Kickback posts don't have to have a moral-of-the-story, just funny the womens World Cup and Olympic champions got beaten by 14 year olds who probably can't even watch Jerry Springer.

Funny why though?

You can use all the ''rofl'' you want, which by the way makes you look even more of an erse.

How does the legal age to watch Jerry Springer have anything to do with this? Is there a legal age to watch it? What's your point? Just that It's ''funny''? Funny how? 

Bazzas right boot

There's also plenty folk, who couldn't run 50 ft without being sick and/ or triggering a cardiac arrest.

Aye, heard it.

Women are garbage at fitbaw.

No-one on this thread it demanding to be paid as much as Mesut Ozil or Mario Gotze though, are they? You shouldn't need that pointed out to you.

Funny why though?

You can use all the ''rofl'' you want, which by the way makes you look even more of an erse.

How does the legal age to watch Jerry Springer have anything to do with this? Is there a legal age to watch it? What's your point? Just that It's ''funny''? Funny how?

I was going to reply to this last night but you were clearly in a mess so I thought I'd let you off. It's funny seeing the World and Olympic Champions get beat by someone far, far below their level in the same way as you might laugh at another bigger team getting beat by amateurs. Examples may include Celtic vs Highland League ICT or Red Imps, or teams suc as Man Utd or Arsenal in FA Cup "giant-killings". I hope this helps you along the way, and you're in a better place than last night :) .

fabienleclerq

Funny why though?

I respect women's football but it gets too much coverage given the standard. The fact the best national team in women's football got a hiding of an under 15s club is a little bit funny no?

Bridge of Djoum

I was going to reply to this last night but you were clearly in a mess so I thought I'd let you off. It's funny seeing the World and Olympic Champions get beat by someone far, far below their level in the same way as you might laugh at another bigger team getting beat by amateurs. Examples may include Celtic vs Highland League ICT or Red Imps, or teams suc as Man Utd or Arsenal in FA Cup "giant-killings". I hope this helps you along the way, and you're in a better place than last night :) .

Obviously our senses of humor differ.

"As for your childish "in a mess", "better place than last night" nonsense. Those things say a lot more about you than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was an interesting documentary a couple of months ago that suggested that the Brexit/Trump movement came in part as a reaction to the extreme political correctness of the 'liberal elite'.

This is perhaps typified by Fidel Cathro's rush to take offense on this thread. For my sins I find it pretty funny that a top women's team took a hiding from a bunch of teenage boys.....and I read the Guardian website every lunchtime.

Art Vanderlay

No-one on this thread it demanding to be paid as much as Mesut Ozil or Mario Gotze though, are they? You shouldn't need that pointed out to you.

No I shouldn't need that pointed out to me, because it's completely irrelevant.

It could be there is some kind of brouhaha going on about women's football wage demands. I don't know. Likewise, it could be there are some members of this forum who play or have played football at a decent level. I would just be surprised if they were the posters jumping at the chance to pass disrespectful comment on this thread.

Let's not pretend that this thread is some kind of worthwhile discussion. The only connection to the wages issue you refer to was a lazy comment by the biggest loser of all.

There was an interesting documentary a couple of months ago that suggested that the Brexit/Trump movement came in part as a reaction to the extreme political correctness of the 'liberal elite'.

This is perhaps typified by Fidel Cathro's rush to take offense on this thread. For my sins I find it pretty funny that a top women's team took a hiding from a bunch of teenage boys.....and I read the Guardian website every lunchtime.

Absolutely it is. I had absolutely no intentions of it being a provocative thread but Fidel has completely lost the plot and launched the toys out the pram on this one. It's funny to see people get petulant over nothing (see Art Vanderlays temper also), but at the same time you can't help but shake your head and feel pity for them.

Art Vanderlay

Absolutely it is. I had absolutely no intentions of it being a provocative thread but Fidel has completely lost the plot and launched the toys out the pram on this one. It's funny to see people get petulant over nothing (see Art Vanderlays temper also), but at the same time you can't help but shake your head and feel pity for them.

Art Vanderlay

Thanks man. It's hard out here for the liberal elite.

No I shouldn't need that pointed out to me, because it's completely irrelevant.

It could be there is some kind of brouhaha going on about women's football wage demands. I don't know. Likewise, it could be there are some members of this forum who play or have played football at a decent level. I would just be surprised if they were the posters jumping at the chance to pass disrespectful comment on this thread.

Let's not pretend that this thread is some kind of worthwhile discussion. The only connection to the wages issue you refer to was a lazy comment by the biggest loser of all.

Wages are relevant in fact as yes, they HAVE been kicking up a fuss demanding equal pay for shitter play. They exploited and milked their WC and Olympics win trying to push their equal pay agenda, comparing the mens WC winnings with theirs. They've made themselves synonymous with it. As it turns out, they can't compete with children.

You're right though, it's such a worthless discussion (a football thread on a football forum) that you've posted twice, got yourself into a temper and oh look(!), you're back again!

I'm not sure I understand this post.

Are you suggesting we should only poke fun at shite footballers if we are in fact better than them ourselves?

Quite happy to concede there are almost certainly teams of 15 year old laddies and yup, even girls teams out there who could run rings around me on a football pitch. I'm fine with that.

Doesn't make the story in the original post any less amusing though. Soz.

In my case, they probably would. I don't get paid to play football though. Nor do I represent my country.

Buffalo Bill

Saying women's football is shit compared to men, is a bit like saying Hearts are shit compared to Barcelona.

Ok, we get it.

Just because the women's game isn't at the same level as men, doesn't mean to say it shouldn't happen, shouldn't be played and shouldn't be encouraged.

Girls/women engaging in sport is a good thing, imo.

Saying women's football is shit compared to men, is a bit like saying Hearts are shit compared to Barcelona.

Ok, we get it.

Just because the women's game isn't at the same level as men, doesn't mean to say it shouldn't happen, shouldn't be played and shouldn't be encouraged.

That is a fair point. But let's not mix the two sports up. Keep them separate, and ridiculous scenarios like this one will not happen.

Ok, we get it.

Yeah. If its bedroom gymnastics. Fnar etc. Did I do I right?

What's the point in watching junior football? Celtic u 20s would beat most of them. Why watch Jess Ennis when Daley Thomson could prob still beat her?

Always said it and often do, 2 amateur boxers can have a great fight. As long as opponents are matched, any sport u like can be watchable. I'll always watch a Scottish game above an epl one. Is the level comparable, Na, does that make the game itself worse, not for me.

Id love my wee girl to play footy when she's older and am glad the games getting a push. As u say especially in Scotland, the land of the fat! Uts great to get anyone we can engaged in sport.

That all said, its not unfunny that the best women's team on earth got beaten by boys. They're different sports in a way.

Womens football is like watching a comedy for me, you know you'll get at least 2 or 3 laughs even if the rest is just boring and shite.

3fingersreid

Yeah. If its bedroom gymnastics. Fnar etc. Did I do I right?

What's the point in watching junior football? Celtic u 20s would beat most of them. Why watch Jess Ennis when Daley Thomson could prob still beat her?

Always said it and often do, 2 amateur boxers can have a great fight. As long as opponents are matched, any sport u like can be watchable. I'll always watch a Scottish game above an epl one. Is the level comparable, Na, does that make the game itself worse, not for me.

Id love my wee girl to play footy when she's older and am glad the games getting a push. As u say especially in Scotland, the land of the fat! Uts great to get anyone we can engaged in sport.

That all said, its not unfunny that the best women's team on earth got beaten by boys. They're different sports in a way.

Obviously depends on what age and where you are but there are plenty clubs that young girls can get coaching at , the SWFA web site is a good starting point , but one of the biggest for the young age group is Spartans

I always tell people not to compare the men's to women's football, there are some really good players in both as is there are some that aren't so good .

But watching my daughter wearing her Hearts strip playing against celtic /rangers /glasgow city but especially hibs -none more so when they beat hibs to win their U15 league a couple of seasons back- fills me with pride . One of her coaches told me they dot need to gee her up for the derby , even at women's football she knows the script.

Get her involved in the game and just ignore those who deride the women's game , it will never be the same as the men , but it is competitive , it's great exercise for them and she'll thoroughly enjoy it

You wouldn't see a 15 year old lad beating a top women sprinter, marathon runner or the other track and field athletes. So it surprises me that these lads capable of doing this. It could just mean that this group of junior lads are incredibly talented.

However when I have watched women's football it has been embarrassing tbh.

Archived