Tonight's games

Hearts007

Tbf, Aberdeen would probably have been out of sight whoever our manager was. This is an incredible run.

Agreed

I said I thought they had peaked last season as they really weren't that convincing.

But they have gone up a gear.

Agreed

I said I thought they had peaked last season as they really weren't that convincing.

But they have gone up a gear.

No question Aberdeen deserve massive credit. Stringing together a great run the basis of which is an excellent home record. That all said, they are taking advantage of a pitifully poor league in which Hearts and Rangers (who everyone would have thought would be their challengers) are absolutely atrocious. If we'd had a manager in charge all season, one given the budget Neilson and Cathro have benefitted from but with autonomy over signings etc then there is no reason we could not have achieved similar. As we lurch from one footballing farce to the next Aberdeen have stability, purpose and a clear plan. They have seized upon our and Rangers complete gashness.

No question Aberdeen deserve massive credit. Striking together a great run the basis of which is an excellent home record. That all said, they are taking advantage of a pitifully poor leagu Ioe in which Hearts and Rangers (who everyone would have thought would be their challengers) are absolutely atrocious. If we'd had a manager in charge all season, one given the budget Neilson and Cathro have benefitted from but with autonomy over signings etc then there is no reason we could not have achieved similar. As we lurch from one footballing farce to the next Aberdeen have stability, purpose and a clear plan. They have seized upon our and Rangers complete gashness.

Let's hope they can win the SC too as they're probably the most palatable option out the 4 left in it.

No question Aberdeen deserve massive credit. Striking together a great run the basis of which is an excellent home record. That all said, they are taking advantage of a pitifully poor league in which Hearts and Rangers (who everyone would have thought would be their challengers) are absolutely atrocious. If we'd had a manager in charge all season, one given the budget Neilson and Cathro have benefitted from but with autonomy over signings etc then there is no reason we could not have achieved similar. As we lurch from one footballing farce to the next Aberdeen have stability, purpose and a clear plan. They have seized upon our and Rangers complete gashness.

Partly

But their consistency transcends our/Huns poor form.

What people seem to forget is that we didn't choose for Neilson to leave this season - he was trying to build a team that would become bedded in, much as Aberdeen have.

The timing of his departure meant it was too early to promote from within to try and promote the consistency of coaching style that is desired.

I think we have kind of started again with Cathro but Levein believes in him enough to do so and try and build it up.

It's probably what Levein wanted in the first place 3 years ago so he will give it time.

I rate Robbie but to be fair he had almost a completely blank canvas to build up himself.

Cathro didn't have that benefit.

He inherited somebody else's squad - yes his first window has not been a roaring success but he tried something out at relatively short notice to try and get his sort of players in and it hasn't worked.

You can't judge him on January.

We can judge him on this summer and the first round of games.

Partly

What people seem to forget is that we didn't choose for Neilson to leave this season - he was trying to build a team that would become bedded in, much as Aberdeen have.

The timing of his departure meant it was too early to promote from within to try and promote the consistency of coaching style that is desired.

I think we have kind of started again with Cathro but Levein believes in him enough to do so and try and build it up.

It's probably what Levein wanted in the first place 3 years ago so he will give it time.

I rate Robbie but to be fair he had almost a completely blank canvas to build up himself.

He inherited somebody else's squad - yes his first window has not been a roaring success but he tried something out at relatively short notice to try and get his sort of players in and it hasn't worked.

I can judge him on his woeful record (4 wins in 18) and the pathetic display in the Scottish Cup and i will.

Partly

Neilson didn't do a good job at all last summer and it further cost him with the fans. He didn't get what games were important not only to the majority of our support but what would keep him in a job. His abysmal failure in Europe so soon after the horrendous exit to Hibs and repercussions of that made him a dead man walking. Yes, he left of his own accord but that said much about him and his appreciation for what was coming for him at Hearts, given he jumped at the first offer he received.

Regardless of how disastrously Cathro's time has been so far and it's been an unmitigated nightmare for all concerned I do feel sorry for him. The inadequate and poorly balanced squad he inherited was then ripped to pieces and a huge cast of players thrown at him. I have huge doubts that he knew much about any of the incoming guys. Personally I now believe him to be in a similarly awful position to Neilson and I would have grave concerns for his future if as you suggest he will be judged on the first set of fixtures with what I believe will be a massively changed squad. We will have a very difficult start to the season with a number of games away in succession. I'd get to the end of the season and make significant changes.

I see Danny Williams got sent off last night and will miss the Hearts game on Saturday. It's just too good to be true...

Neilson didn't do a good job at all last summer and it further cost him with the fans. He didn't get what games were important not only to the majority of our support but what would keep him in a job. His abysmal failure in Europe so soon after the horrendous exit to Hibs and repercussions of that made him a dead man walking. Yes, he left of his own accord but that said much about him and his appreciation for what was coming for him at Hearts, given he jumped at the first offer he received.

Regardless of how disastrously Cathro's time has been so far and it's been an unmitigated nightmare for all concerned I do feel sorry for him. The inadequate and poorly balanced squad he inherited was then ripped to pieces and a huge cast of players thrown at him. I have huge doubts that he knew much about any of the incoming guys. Personally I now believe him to be in a similarly awful position to Neilson and I would have grave concerns for his future if as you suggest he will be judged on the first set of fixtures with what I believe will be a massively changed squad. We will have a very difficult start to the season with a number of games away in succession. I'd get to the end of the season and make significant changes.

Neilson focussed on the right areas of the team

He brought in attacking players - which we sorely needed.

We don't have the luxury yet of being able to fix every squad position in one window.

He also signed people with spl experience.

You also forget our performance levels at the start of the season were really good - we were battering teams but poor finishing and some exceptional keeper displays stopped us building momentum.

Cathro simply did not come into a disaster as you suggest

He came into a team that by that stage has just put two of their best performances of the season together.

Neilson's record since he left is excellent. Facts are he is a good head coach.

Neilson focussed on the right areas of the team

He brought in attacking players - which we sorely needed.

We don't have the luxury yet of being able to fix every squad position in one window.

He also signed people with spl experience.

You also forget our performance levels at the start of the season were really good - we were battering teams but poor finishing and some exceptional keeper displays stopped us building momentum.

Cathro simply did not come into a disaster as you suggest

He came into a team that by that stage has just put two of their best performances of the season together.

Neilson's record since he left is excellent. Facts are he is a good head coach.

Utter nonsense. We will never agree so I won't waste my breath arguing with you. Your head is so far up your on arse it's become pointless debating anything with you.

Dundee appear to be in freefall remind me who they play on Saturday again? Aberdeen the opposite but as pointed out a crowd of 11.5K is a poor reward for their good form.

Utter nonsense. We will never agree so I won't waste my breath arguing with you. Your head is so far up your on arse it's become pointless debating anything with you.

Lol and that was me behaving and not making digs....

EIEIO, on 05 Apr 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

Dundee appear to be in freefall remind me who they play on Saturday again? Aberdeen the opposite but as pointed out a crowd of 11.5K is a poor reward for their good form.

Yep,they need to build a smaller stadium

11,500 - Jeez!!  Once fans get so pissed off with poor results and poor entertainment, you can lose them, they find other things to do, and they will not immediately return.  Aberdeen are a perfect example of this.

A lesson here for Mrs Budge - we have been having home sell outs despite some extremely disappointing results and horrendous performances.  The feel good factor that we 'still have a Club' is wearing thin, and if something doesn't change from top to bottom on the football side of things I think we will sell less ST, despite have a nice new stand and increased capacity.

This has to be one of the worst misses of all time :rofl:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/39500209

It's an absolute sitter, so much that it is currently front page of the beeb website !!

On another note, a 4 point swing for both Dundee teams could see them playing off for the premiership place the way things are going. Now that would make things interesting.......

Aberdeen fan here, shocking how poor our home attendance is. This season we've only sold out against the rangers and its looking like we will again for this sunday. Apart from that only against Celtic and Maribor have we come close to capacity crowd. We've got way too many part timers who only turn up for OF games and cup semi's/finals 

alicante jambo

Aberdeen fan here, shocking how poor our home attendance is. This season we've only sold out against the rangers and its looking like we will again for this sunday. Apart from that only against Celtic and Maribor have we come close to capacity crowd. We've got way too many part timers who only turn up for OF games and cup semi's/finals

No a great attendance but its no having any problems with the way you guys are playing.Pissing 2nd place and semi final for scottish cup no been bad at all.

No a great attendance but its no having any problems with the way you guys are playing.Pissing 2nd place and semi final for scottish cup no been bad at all.

Aye pleasantly surprised after a slow start and painful defeat in the LC final and away to Ibrox. Just hoping we can pump 3/4 past Hibs to put them in their place and at least be competitive against Celtic 

alicante jambo

Aye pleasantly surprised after a slow start and painful defeat in the LC final and away to Ibrox. Just hoping we can pump 3/4 past Hibs to put them in their place and at least be competitive against Celtic

Youll find most of us wanting yous to put 3 or 4 past the mutants mate.

Arthur Morgan

Why is it only us who absolutely fall apart against Celtic? We're miles off them yes but so is everyone else yet they seem to put up a decent fight. The lack of fight in this squad is disgraceful.

Looks like West Ham's arse has collapsed. Again. Will Super Slav make it to the end of the season?

manaliveits105

Celtic rested Tierney Armstrong Brown Griffiths and Forrest tonight and plastic whistle get a point

manaliveits105, on 05 Apr 2017 - 9:47 PM, said:

Celtic rested Tierney Armstrong Brown Griffiths and Forrest tonight and plastic whistle get a point

Thought it was a cert they would drop points now the league has been won

Archived