Well Ian seems happy enough!

Clerry Jambo

August Landmesser

I agree with him. Not popular to say on here but I thought we played well yesterday.

Play like we started the game against anyone else in Scotland and we win 9/10 times. We're hesitant in front of goal, final decision isn't quick enough. Our defence is heehaw which is personnel - we're playing our 3rd and 4th choice CHs and our LB situ is heartbreaking.

But I think despite all that Cathro sent out the team very well and had us set up just right. That hasn't been the case of late so lets take the positive and move on.

Set up and play like that on Wed, we win.

I'm on this page. We were still in it at 2-0, but Jack's error knocked the wind out of the team - you could see them crumple.

The first half difference between us was the finishing - we were competing well, but didn't take our chances, they had three or four chances, and scored two of them.

Never about after a gid result.

Lol, Your like a pig in shit when things are going wrong.

Dude, i'm on JKB all the time!

It's grandstanding by Levein. If it works it makes him look like a footballing guru in "finding" Cathro. If it fails it's only Cathro's head on the block. Got to feel for Cathro as he increasingly looks out of his depth. It can't be easy for the guy.

This will sound harsh but I am past caring.  I simply do not care about Cathro?s feelings, reputation or indeed Cathro himself. I just don?t.  I care about Heart of Midlothian FC.  Football management in the year 2017 is brutal and ruthless and it is 100% a results driven business.  Cathro took this job on, he took the gamble along with the club.  He is a big boy (I do mean boy) and if he can?t handle it then this is not the game he should be in.  He has swiftly turned us from a top 3 club to a bottom 6 relegation club.  That is some achievement.  He has been spoilt in a big way since he came in.  Not only given the massive opportunity but after a month was able to bring in an entire squad.  It of his choice and selection is hard to feel sorry for him.  Levein and Budge?s little vanity project has failed in a massive way and it is their job to turn it round as Cathro certainly wont do it.  

I agree with him. Not popular to say on here but I thought we played well yesterday.

Play like we started the game against anyone else in Scotland and we win 9/10 times. We're hesitant in front of goal, final decision isn't quick enough. Our defence is heehaw which is personnel - we're playing our 3rd and 4th choice CHs and our LB situ is heartbreaking.

But I think despite all that Cathro sent out the team very well and had us set up just right. That hasn't been the case of late so lets take the positive and move on.

Not too many like you around on this Forum. Far too many glory-hunters who can't accept that we are in transition and it will take time to sort it out. The Robbie-oot brigade are back in force and heaven help us when they take ownership of the Club !!!!!!!

Cruyff Turn

Ian needs taken away by men in white coats because he clearly suffers from delusions of grandeur.

I think we're allowed to excuse any sort of result against Celtic at this stage in our development. They are hammering teams as and when the mood takes them and 5-0 should have come as no surprise to anyone.

This is a good Celtic side IMO compared with those of the last 5 years or so and even if you don't think they are world beaters they are certainly streets ahead of anything else in our league. If you find yourself 2 down to them and you chase the game, your very likely to end up 4 or 5 behind as they have such quality and pace up front.

I'm far more concerned about how we are and have been performing against the likes of Inverness, Dundee, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock. Beating that sort of team very regularly is the key to a high finish. We do reasonably well against Aberdeen and Rangers if our heads are right but we seriously need to look at our attitude and our readiness to beat the dross before we even think about competing on any sort of level with Celtic.

Cathro has to be taken out of the firing line for this alone. His appointment has been a mistake. He isn't ready and he might never be capable of the head coach role. We really ought do him a massive favour by recognising that and relieving him of the post.

What we do after that is anyones guess but what we have now is doomed to fail IMO.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I'm on this page. We were still in it at 2-0, but Jack's error knocked the wind out of the team - you could see them crumple.

The first half difference between us was the finishing - we were competing well, but didn't take our chances, they had three or four chances, and scored two of them.

Also thought we had a good chance to pull one back early in the second half when Johnsen had a rush of blood to the head and tried a chance himself when we had a player unmarked to his right on the 18-yard line with a clear run on goal for 2-1. 

Libertarian

It is the same old thing cathro says after a big game defeat we will take positives but in truth we are doing Baby steps

Also thought we had a good chance to pull one back early in the second half when Johnsen had a rush of blood to the head and tried a chance himself when we had a player unmarked to his right on the 18-yard line with a clear run on goal for 2-1. 

If I remember correctly we had three against three, or something along those lines. It was definitely a good chance and turned out to be a face palm moment. If you're going to be a greedy git in situations like that, you have at least to make sure you get a shot on target and away from the goalie, preferably bulging the back of the net.

King Of The Cat Cafe

It is the same old thing cathro says after a big game defeat we will take positives but in truth we are doing Baby steps

Or as Bruce Springsteen put it: "One step up, two steps back".

All roads lead to Gorgie

We started well yes but for 75% of the game we were given the run around not helped by players totally uninterested in doing much about it. It is your job Ian to make sure we don't down tools as we did after conceding. Time to prove you are worthy of the job as manager of our great club by motivating whoever takes to the pitch in maroon.

Thing is, he's not necessarily wrong in what he says, I mean we did start well and it was through a 'high calibre player' that saw them break through.

I'm just sick because he's always got something to say and it's never definitive or cut throat!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

IC's problem is he's too nice a guy to be a manager of a club the size of Hearts. He is better off at Bonnyrigg Rose. We need a manager of a similar calibre of JJ or MacDonald/Jardine. A manager who can install pride in the players, someone who knows what Hearts are about.

Pleased we didn't play badly.

bringonthesevco

Cathro still needs the summer to properly structure what he wants and a round of games to measure improvement.

That said for all the abuse I get - and that's fine - one thing I was particularly chastised for in the first part of the season in 'debate' about Neilson was the phrase 'careful what you wish for'.

Like so much, despite the noisy chatter that would suggest otherwise, I was right again on that point.

When he joined us we were above Aberdeen, he signs 9 players, we are now 20 points behind Aberdeen.

Would love to know why you have confidence in what he'll do in the summer - another 9 top notch signings ??? 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Cathro still needs the summer to properly structure what he wants and a round of games to measure improvement.

That said for all the abuse I get - and that's fine - one thing I was particularly chastised for in the first part of the season in 'debate' about Neilson was the phrase 'careful what you wish for'.

Like so much, despite the noisy chatter that would suggest otherwise, I was right again on that point.

Back aboard the happy train but for what reason I fail to see. Playing well against Celtic for 30 minutes? More Hibs mentality. *sigh*

Lucille's Thirsty

What's all this progress nonsense about what will we do at this 5 year plan it's the SPFL for god sake once agai trying to be too smart for our own good I cringe we all this 5 year plan crap comes up it's about the here and now not later now.

Bazzas right boot

Dude, i'm on JKB all the time!

You are, but not often after a win.

What's all this progress nonsense about what will we do at this 5 year plan it's the SPFL for god sake once agai trying to be too smart for our own good I cringe we all this 5 year plan crap comes up it's about the here and now not later now.

Yup. A 5 year plan to compete with the likes of St Johnstone and Partick Thistle

:facepalm:

Does anyone else think that Levein and Budge bringing in Cathro was more for Ian Cathro than for Hearts? Shame on the pair of them.

I think it was more for Levein.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Translation:

"me, me, me, me, me, me."

Narcissistic pish.

We started well yes but for 75% of the game we were given the run around not helped by players totally uninterested in doing much about it. It is your job Ian to make sure we don't down tools as we did after conceding. Time to prove you are worthy of the job as manager of our great club by motivating whoever takes to the pitch in maroon.

Exactly. Spot on. Some folk trying to take positives out of the fact that we played "well" for 20 odd minutes. within that 20 minute spell, celtic probably played their worst football of the season and we managed to have one maybe two shots on goal, scored none.

Worst home league defeat since 1973, hold me back from all the positives. Laughable. We are becoming a laughing stock.

Nookie Bear

But nobody outside of the boardroom knows what the 5 year plan means in terms of the football side of things.

?What?s important for me to put across just now is that, after this game, I feel even better and stronger and more confident going into Wednesday?s game than the reverse."

The guy is totally deluded and out of his depth.  Surely to christ he will be binned if when we lose on Wednesday?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I wonder if the broken records ever get sick of themselves.

Probably not. Most likely proud of the self fulfilling prophecy

Governor Tarkin

Translation:

"me, me, me, me, me, me."

Narcissistic pish.

:thumbsup:

?What?s important for me to put across just now is that, after this game, I feel even better and stronger and more confident going into Wednesday?s game than the reverse."

The guy is totally deluded and out of his depth.  Surely to christ he will be binned if when we lose on Wednesday?

Like others, i'm hoping he can start afresh next season and progress.

I just wish he wouldn't come out with daft lines like this. It's pretty worrying if he actually believes this kind of stuff. 

Archived