Well Ian seems happy enough!

Clerry Jambo

Translation:

"me, me, me, me, me, me."

Narcissistic pish.

I'm less inclined to give any credence whatsoever to a poster who predicted we would win the league this year than I am to anything Levein/Cathro say and that's saying something. JammyT is JKB's very own equivalent to these jokers.

Leveling/Cathro should both be emptied before any further resources are squandered this summer in rectifying the absolute shitshow they have created. The fans hard earned have been completely wasted on countless useless arseholes who don't give a shit about HMFC and it has to stop. We need experienced people in immediately this season ends to rebuild the mess they and Neilson before have made of things. Only then will we have the opportunity of a fresh start for next season.

Pasquale for King

If the match ended at half time I would be reasonably happy with our fight.

Many times in that game the words "Scott Brown dispossessed" were spoken which said plenty about our pressing to try and win the ball.

Once we went 2-0 down though we should have came out in the second half with an extra midfielder. We didn't and their quality was just too much.

The players should take this as notice that if they want a move to England that is the level they need to be at and use it was motivation.

They won't though and will probably take the easy way out and **** off east for a shit league a decent money.

Can't see any of these players going to England tbh, over the next few years there will be restrictions on foreign players so it will be the best that are signed. Time to rethink our hiring policy too.

feedtheroman2

Thing is, he's not necessarily wrong in what he says, I mean we did start well and it was through a 'high calibre player' that saw them break through.

I'm just sick because he's always got something to say and it's never definitive or cut throat!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Only a loser would take anything positive from a 5 nil home humping......

Dusk_Till_Dawn

We've got four wins from 19 since Neilson left. I'm sorry but "taking the positives" from a 5-0 defeat is more cliche-ridden nonsense.

Someone at the EEN needs to ask Cathro some fundamental questions about where the improvement is coming from and why it's gone so wrong so far.

Reminds me of the time Hibs celebrated 'only' losing 3-0 in a cup final and made all the nonsensical claims about 'winning the singing'.

We get more and more like Hibs every week.

There are NO positives to be taken from getting pumped 5-0 at home. None whatsoever, and seeking to find any sends all the wrong kinda messages.

Just heard him on Forth radio saying 'we are better prepared for Wednesday after taking a shoeing yesterday'. Is he for real? Sorry, if he is here next season we will be relegation fodder.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He is right in the fact that we started decent but every time we lose a goal our erses collapse

The thing is, football is played for 90 minutes.

A_A wehatethehibs

We all predicted a drubbing

Cathro likely predicted one too. He's obviously desperate to get a performance on Wednesday.

After our worst performance in a derby since 1973, Cathro has followed that 1 month later with our worst home league defeat since 1973.

Ominous.

Remaining positive is all well and good but if the players remain untouchable then surely they'll become even more complacent. Time for the manager to rip into a few of them.

Just heard him on Forth radio saying 'we are better prepared for Wednesday after taking a shoeing yesterday'. Is he for real? Sorry, if he is here next season we will be relegation fodder.

Which is exactly the kinda thing which Hibs came out with when the famous Sergio quote was born.

"If you believe that losing puts the pressure on to the other team that wins more times then okay, you keep losing.

"Keep losing and put the pressure on to us".

We rightly ridiculed such suggestion back then and it should be ridiculed just as much now that its our own man in charge slavering it.

Yet another step closer towards becoming exactly like them.

Many times in that game the words "Scott Brown dispossessed" were spoken which said plenty about our pressing to try and win the ball.

Once we went 2-0 down though we should have came out in the second half with an extra midfielder. We didn't and their quality was just too much.

The players should take this as notice that if they want a move to England that is the level they need to be at and use it was motivation.

They won't though and will probably take the easy way out and **** off east for a shit league a decent money.

Nelly Terraces

Nothing this loser says interests me any more. His record is laughable and he should be sacked with immediate effect.

Bazzas right boot

He is right in the fact that we started decent but every time we lose a goal our erses collapse

Generally this.

Jambof3tornado

At 2 down we still looked like we could score so why change it? After 3 it was all too much and we lost our way but up to that point we were doing as well as most would have expected.

Only a loser would take anything positive from a 5 nil home humping......

Few managers will publicly slate their players to the media. Neilson has was hardly the most outspoken manager out there either.

I wouldn't go as far to say I saw positives, but anyone blaming the team or management yesterday needs their head checked.

Yesterday hurt, but only because once again they've walked all over us. We did well to deal with a lot of their players, but again we failed to tuck away chances and couldn't defend their fast attacks.

I agree with him. Not popular to say on here but I thought we played well yesterday.

Play like we started the game against anyone else in Scotland and we win 9/10 times. We're hesitant in front of goal, final decision isn't quick enough. Our defence is heehaw which is personnel - we're playing our 3rd and 4th choice CHs and our LB situ is heartbreaking.

But I think despite all that Cathro sent out the team very well and had us set up just right. That hasn't been the case of late so lets take the positive and move on.

Set up and play like that on Wed, we win.

Nookie Bear

It's never about the Here and Now, is it.

Always "building", "getting there", "progress"...blah blah blah

We actually did start well, so why the capitulation and complete lack of spirit. The only desire I saw were from Celtic and some lad in Section G.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I doubt he is happy. Trying to maintain a hold with 2 more games in a week, taking the heat off his players.

But they don't appear to want to play for him.

Levein has failed the boy and the club.

Neilson recognised very well the lack of defensive ability, changed to a rigid system which won points, showed battle.

Cathro recognised very well the lack of defensive ability, ripped it apart, ripped the spirit and battle from the team

Poor Cathro, his mentor should have known better.

But everything that is wrong about this model, Cathro is going under the bus not the man responsible

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's all very well highlighting the first 25 minutes.

However he should be dealing with the fact that this lot are beaten as soon as we go behind.

To anybody.

No stomach for the fight.

Opposition managers' team talks must be a skoosh.

Get wired in because this lot have no bottle. Score first and they will fold like a pack of cards, because they are a lily livered bunch of pussies.

Sad truth Jonno. Easy way out suits them every time.

To be fair, until their first goal, we were hungry and looked capable of winning.

Maybe 30 mins is all some of the stop gappers are able to play competitively.

Cathro still needs the summer to properly structure what he wants and a round of games to measure improvement.

That said for all the abuse I get - and that's fine - one thing I was particularly chastised for in the first part of the season in 'debate' about Neilson was the phrase 'careful what you wish for'.

Like so much, despite the noisy chatter that would suggest otherwise, I was right again on that point.

A_A wehatethehibs

Cathro still needs the summer to properly structure what he wants and a round of games to measure improvement.

That said for all the abuse I get - and that's fine - one thing I was particularly chastised for in the first part of the season in 'debate' about Neilson was the phrase 'careful what you wish for'.

Like so much, despite the noisy chatter that would suggest otherwise, I was right again on that point.

Football managers don't "need" transfer windows to show what type of manager they are, you can see it in the body language of the players. They go a goal down and they shrink into the grass, that is absolutely 100% a reflection of the manager. The players have no competitive spirit.

We've had 19 games 14 of which have been worse than shite. Hes already had half our season let alone a round of games. We should already be measuring improvement.

Instead things are getting worse.

Re Neilson I'm with you I was one of "Robbie's rimmers" - Robbie Neilson averaged 2 points a game Cathro is on 1. Enough said.

I agree with him. Not popular to say on here but I thought we played well yesterday.

Play like we started the game against anyone else in Scotland and we win 9/10 times. We're hesitant in front of goal, final decision isn't quick enough. Our defence is heehaw which is personnel - we're playing our 3rd and 4th choice CHs and our LB situ is heartbreaking.

But I think despite all that Cathro sent out the team very well and had us set up just right. That hasn't been the case of late so lets take the positive and move on.

Kind of where I am.

The sad fact of the matter is that in every single position on the park, the Celtic player was far better than the Hearts player.  I won't get too carried away by getting beat off of Celtic.  What angers me slightly more is how far we have fallen behind Aberdeen.  I cannot fathom the club's policy in signing and releasing players. 

Forever the optimist, Cathro might still prove to be a success (shades of Fergusson when he first moved to Man Utd), but at the moment he's trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  The club needs to get ruthless over the summer and move the dross out, and get some positive and capable players in.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I said the same. I was also critical of the amount of signings.

I don't profess to be any kind of expert. But 9/10 that sort of change is disastrous, not just a manager, but half a squad is catastrophic change.

What the fanatics failed to acknowledge was our means. Things were a little bit boring but stable and competitive.

Neilson recognised the expectation was too high and disappointgly for me bolted.

Cathro has come in with some deluded belief he has a magic wand.

What we are left with is Neilson's base blown apart.

We are financially sound. That's fine. But it is a football club that thrives on passion and spirit.

It's been drained by both parties the club and the fanatics who are deluded as to what can be achieved on the budget.

But that is Levein again.

Tweeting all his pish and scuttling back to his cabin like a hill Billy hermit when the going gets tough.

A bloody mess left.

I feel a bit sorry for Cathro, but not much. He's intelligent, he knows what the Hearts job is about.

He really does need to become something he probably isn't over these next few months.

Sacking him solves nothing. We simply get another experiment.

The next appointment should not be made to appease the DoF. He should learn how to work with an experienced manager.

If he is any good at his job he would learn how to live with that, Heart of Midlothian is far bigger than you Craig Levein

Nothing this loser says interests me any more. His record is laughable and he should be sacked with immediate effect.

100% this. Times up.

Harry Potter

He will work hard

Hes hard work more like, that interview after the Raith game, beyond me.

Should have set up the team to stop them scoring at all costs yesterday, never mind trying to score, neither happened.

We have to win the next 2 games and finish 4th this season.

Take it its pay at the gate at Perth.

Finlay James

I was delighted when we appointed Cathro but I'm becoming less and less convinced that this is going to work. Losing today is one thing but if we lose again on Wednesday it will difficult to defend him.

im 100% behind the long term plans that the club has implemented and I'm 100% behind Levein but I fear we've made a mistake with appointing Cathro as head coach so early in his career.

Tokyo Drifter

We all predicted a drubbing

Cathro likely predicted one too. He's obviously desperate to get a performance on Wednesday.

After our worst performance in a derby since 1973, Cathro has followed that 1 month later with our worst home league defeat since 1973.

Ominous.

Though he was also in charge for our biggest home win over Rangers since 1960 something. Weird huh?

The Real Maroonblood

It's never about the Here and Now, is it.

Always "building", "getting there", "progress"...blah blah blah

We actually did start well, so why the capitulation and complete lack of spirit. The only desire I saw were from Celtic and some lad in Section G.

I agree.

Hearts have been in transition since the year **** . Fill in the blanks.

I hate the bloke. I know I can make my mind up about someone very quickly but he is running the risk of being a hate figure from the majority of fans if we keep going down the route of 'taking positives' from defeats.

Taking positives kind of only works if something changes after it. We aren't learning.

maroonedinoz

Cathro has reached the point where it doesn't really matter what he says......most of us have given up listening to him.

A_A wehatethehibs

Though he was also in charge for our biggest home win over Rangers since 1960 something. Weird huh?

The win against rangers is looking like a fluke. Rangers were absolutely awful. Warburton was binned days later.

Meanwhile the 14 awful performances against

Rangers in his first game

Partick

Dundee

Aberdeen

Celtic

Raith

Raith

Hibs

ICT

Hibs

Partick

Ross County

Aberdeen

Celtic

Don't look so much like flukes and are starting to look like consistent performances, consistently bad over a period of months with no improvement.

We lack a true captain on the pitch and in the squad who can rally the troops and kick some butt. If the manager/coach is more tactician than motivator then you need someone else who will do the hairdryer thing when necessary...Paterson would've done, but circumstances are such that we don't have him. The senior players are not stepping up as they are on short-term deals. 

There are signs of improvement but not enough so far.

It's all very well highlighting the first 25 minutes.

However he should be dealing with the fact that this lot are beaten as soon as we go behind.

To anybody.

No stomach for the fight.

Opposition managers' team talks must be a skoosh.

Get wired in because this lot have no bottle. Score first and they will fold like a pack of cards, because they are a lily livered bunch of pussies.

So true they are not fit to wear our famous jersey.

The only ones I would keep are Walker,Goncalves,Cowie,Nicholson and possibly Hamilton as understudy to an experienced keeper. Djoum I would sell to the first decent bid.

A drastic rethink on our scouting policy is needed.

Nookie Bear

This will be Cathro's only managerial appointment in his football career.

He will be back to being a good coach somewhere soon enough. I have a feeling he regrets this move.

Seems like everyone is getting sick of his nonsensical comments. Gives the impression that the players don't listen to him, which is portrayed on the park. We need to cut our losses with him as soon as possible and get someone in ahead of next season. Why not make Levein manager? He is then directly accountable for footballing matters on the park.

Seems like everyone is getting sick of his nonsensical comments. Gives the impression that the players don't listen to him, which is portrayed on the park. We need to cut our losses with him as soon as possible and get someone in ahead of next season. Why not make Levein manager? He is then directly accountable for footballing matters on the park.

May as well imo.

This will be Cathro's only managerial appointment in his football career.

He will be back to being a good coach somewhere soon enough. I have a feeling he regrets this move.

It must be heartbreaking for him to be failing so badly.  This has been his aim for his adult life (the outsider with all the answers) and looks very likely that it will be his only chance.  

But he will go into his work today to do his work and when his work is done he will finish his work.

Archie White

I agree the set up was just right and the pressing game at the start upset them (Brown in particular). We just came up against a team with 3 or 4 outstanding individuals. With the low quality players we have we were just too slow to react. But can't fault the fight in the first half. As to Wed night I have no confidence in us winning any game. Ok St Johnstone will be without Swanston & Foster but their players will be well up for it knowing that a win will almost certainly get them 4th spot. Depending on who wins the Scottish Cup that could be enough to get into Europe. Their players will all be with them next season and there is motivation there to play at least a couple of games in a European competition. Where is Hearts' players motivation for that. Most of our starting 11 on Wednesday night won't be here in June!!! That's the issue.

Does anyone else think that Levein and Budge bringing in Cathro was more for Ian Cathro than for Hearts? Shame on the pair of them.

Bazzas right boot

That's the best way to set up. Hopefully he doesn't change the shape or tactics. A few changes of personnel are welcome, but same mindset and tactics.

It's the fastest we've started a game since Dundee!

Bazzas right boot

Does anyone else think that Levein and Budge bringing in Cathro was more for Ian Cathro than for Hearts? Shame on the pair of them.

Never about after a gid result.

Lol, Your like a pig in shit when things are going wrong.

Archie White

It's grandstanding by Levein. If it works it makes him look like a footballing guru in "finding" Cathro. If it fails it's only Cathro's head on the block. Got to feel for Cathro as he increasingly looks out of his depth. It can't be easy for the guy.

Archived