EUROPE NEXT SEASON

RENE

From next summer the SPL will have FIVE teams in Europe. Two in Champions League, Cup winners into UEFA and third and fourth in League.

We should manage a Euro spot now!

Surely we can't have another season as bad as this one!

From next summer the SPL will have FIVE teams in Europe. Two in Champions League, Cup winners into UEFA and third and fourth in League.

So if a the cup final has two from the top 4 in it even 5th in the league would do ?

So if a the cup final has two from the top 4 in it even 5th in the league would do ?

Yes.

Seemingly because the Inter thingy is now defunct we get the extra place we were entitled to from that.

Have i missed something?

No new players, no manager, a crazy owner and we are talking about europe!! My god i thought i was optamistic with my we will be lucky to finish in the top six attitude!!

maroonlegions
Have i missed something?

No new players, no manager, a crazy owner and we are talking about europe!! My god i thought i was optamistic with my we will be lucky to finish in the top six attitude!!

well the 9,000 that have bought STs feel lucky that we will indeed finish in the top six and get a euro place eh.:rolleyes::cool:

What happens to the SC runners up if it's another lower league team, do they get in? I am sure QOS are the last team to benefit from this.

So does that mean the top 5 get into Europe?

Ryan Gosling
What happens to the SC runners up if it's another lower league team, do they get in? I am sure QOS are the last team to benefit from this.

So does that mean the top 5 get into Europe?

Runners up get **** all.

shaun.lawson
Runners up get **** all.

You sure? I thought UEFA were trying to stop the SFA changing their qualifying criteria, in a bid to maintain the prestige of all domestic Cup competitions?

RockyBalboa
You sure? I thought UEFA were trying to stop the SFA changing their qualifying criteria, in a bid to maintain the prestige of all domestic Cup competitions?

Aye, your right.

Ryan Gosling

Gordon 'Fud' Smith applied to have it changed this season, after the competition had started. They said it would be in place next season.

shaun.lawson
Gordon 'Fud' Smith applied to have it changed this season, after the competition had started. They said it would be in place next season.

I know - but given it'd be at odds with the qualification criteria of every other association, I'm not so sure it'll happen. And it certainly won't be the Fud's fault if it doesn't either!

Ryan Gosling
I know - but given it'd be at odds with the qualification criteria of every other association, I'm not so sure it'll happen. And it certainly won't be the Fud's fault if it doesn't either!

It should be though - I'm sure we all agree.

source???? i dont think this is the case as UEFA are going to change the format for all the European cups and this is why the SFA didnt get the approval for the change in the Scottish cup, i think it will still be the same next year until UEFA change the format .

Archived