TV Blackout on CL nights finishes

sandyk

Unknown user

Aw good, I didn't even know it was a possibility. That's pissed me right off for ages so great news!

Hopefully the start of a proper and concerted fight back against the ghastly Champions League.  Long may it continue.  Next, making it for Champions only.

Cruyff Turn

Hopefully the start of a proper and concerted fight back against the ghastly Champions League. Long may it continue. Next, making it for Champions only.

Yep. Bring back the cup winners cup as well and spread the wealth throughout the competitions.

Introduce a foreigner rule as well and it'll take the money out of the big domestic leagues and create a more level playing field.

Good news, but doubt it affects us much.

Think we've had enough money spinning cup ties for the foreseeable future.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Yep. Bring back the cup winners cup as well and spread the wealth throughout the competitions.

Introduce a foreigner rule as well and it'll take the money out of the big domestic leagues and create a more level playing field.

That's the last thing Fifa and Uefa want.

I do not think this will help us at all.

If you ask me this is a ploy to screw more money for the very rich clubs.

Who will televise Scottish games when English games are available.

BBC Scotland paying peanuts for a game.

Sky will.

BT have exclusive rights to the Champions League beyond 2020 (when the current SPFL TV deal ends).

Sky will.

BT have exclusive rights to the Champions League beyond 2020 (when the current SPFL TV deal ends).

They will be covering English games as I said in my original post.

We are not a market for them except the OF. So watch for OF derbies on these nights

They will be covering English games as I said in my original post.

We are not a market for them except the OF. So watch for OF derbies on these nights

They've showed Scottish games at the same time as English games. It's not one or the other for Sky...

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cool, we can see next year's exit form the Scottish Cup.

One of your more accurate posts :laugh4:

Only until June

When UEFA are going to review it and cancel any single match at all on the same night as chumpions league

Confused to people taking the piss about this? Literally what people moaned about for the last two years with our replays against hibs? And people saying champions league isn't a good competition...Screw your head on and watch the last 2 rounds again

Pasquale for King

If you look into you see that UEFA fined the EPL ?3m a few years back for showing games at the same time as CL games. The money came out of the pot given to the EPL teams for conpeting the CL. So the SFA won't allow games to be shown in case the Old Firm dont get their CL money.

tommythejambo

Hopefully the start of a proper and concerted fight back against the ghastly Champions League. Long may it continue. Next, making it for Champions only.

Would love to see this.

Highly unlikely though!

Would love to see this.

Highly unlikely though!

+1

Sadly it's more like impossible

Confused to people taking the piss about this? Literally what people moaned about for the last two years with our replays against hibs? And people saying champions league isn't a good competition...Screw your head on and watch the last 2 rounds again

I fully agree with you that the last two rounds have produced great, exciting games with a lot of goals which, for once, made me really concentrate when watching them. Usually on CL nights I tune into the goals only update show, as for the most part the CL games have been sterile & boring.

Maybe its just me, but I find the glut of football on tv now uninteresting.

Tommy Brown

I fully agree with you that the last two rounds have produced great, exciting games with a lot of goals which, for once, made me really concentrate when watching them. Usually on CL nights I tune into the goals only update show, as for the most part the CL games have been sterile & boring.

Not just you mate. I watch less football now. Hearts and Scotland. MotD highlights. Lost complete interest.

Don't get me wrong the competition has had its peaks and troughs over the past 10 years. But I'd say this year has been the best ever, Leicester through to last 8, Monaco game, Barcelona comeback, record breaking amount of goals scored in the quarter final. I just think when all this is on offer people will still say it's a bad tournament which baffles me. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Archived