school sports day

winston churchill

winston churchill

how pc mad have things become.

took a days holiday to attend the wee mans sports day last thursday(hermitage park)in leith.

anyway, he brought a letter home last week saying no football strips on sports day:mad:

is this the same at every school now.

The Comedian

There was another school In Edinburgh that cancelled their sport's day due to slightly damp grass.

Where will it end?

took a days holiday to attend the wee mans sports day last thursday(hermitage park)in leith.

anyway, he brought a letter home last week saying no football strips on sports day:mad:

My school had the same rule when I was that age and that was a good many years ago and I know of mates who went to different schools who had the same rule.

I dont agree with it but it isnt a new concept.

winston churchill
My school had the same rule when I was that age and that was a good many years ago and I know of mates who went to different schools who had the same rule.

I dont agree with it but it isnt a new concept.

my sons 9 next month,and it's the first year that it has happened at his school:mad:.

blondejamtart

What bothers me even more is that so many schools now seem to be having "non-competitive" sports days, where they don't have proper races or anything, because it's "unfair" for some children to win and others to lose?

What's that all about? A bit of competition never hurt anyone - and that's coming from one of the least sporty people you could ever meet. I never won anything at sports days, but it didn't leave me scarred for life! Things like that do nothing to prepare kids for life out there in the real world.

Have to say my wee girl (3 and a half) had her sports day on Friday (dalmeny nursery) and it was fantastic, there was no rules against football colours, she won a couple of races and had a great day, they encouraged winning but not to a extreme extent, they all received medals which they loved,

My wee one was told to turn her Jambo top inside out at sports day last week.

Murrayburn Hobos.

:107years::107years::107years:

My boy's sports day was non-competitive.

All of them running around apropos of nothing.

Why can't we develop winners in the Olympics?

In fact sod that, why can't we develop winners in industry? In science? In economics? In philosophy? We used to have some of the keenest minds on earth, now we have the (second) fattest arses.

winston churchill
My boy's sports day was non-competitive.

All of them running around apropos of nothing.

Why can't we develop winners in the Olympics?

In fact sod that, why can't we develop winners in industry? In science? In economics? In philosophy? We used to have some of the keenest minds on earth, now we have the (second) fattest arses.

correct doc,they now put the kids into teams/groups.if thats not bad enough you now cant wear your football strip.

apparently, if he had lost the egg & spoon race he maybe traumatised for life.

When I was at school we were weren't allowed to wear football tops.

I really don't understand why your kid not being allowed to wear his football top for sports day has annoyed you so much. Who cares if he can't wear it on this one day?

I don't remember getting worked up at all at not being allowed to wear a football top at sports day. It was hardly a disaster having to wear a non-football top. Am I missing why this is such a big issue?

winston churchill
When I was at school we were weren't allowed to wear football tops.

I really don't understand why your kid not being allowed to wear his football top for sports day has annoyed you so much. Who cares if he can't wear it on this one day?

I don't remember getting worked up at all at not being allowed to wear a football top at sports day. It was hardly a disaster having to wear a non-football top.

Am I missing why this is such a big issue

you are.the point is,it's not the wee man wearing his hearts strip thats the problem,it's the being told it's not allowed at a school sports day.

you are.the point is,it's not the wee man wearing his hearts strip thats the problem,it's the being told it's not allowed at a school sports day.

I still don't see the problem. It's surely up to the school to make rules about what kids should wear. It seems like a simple rule to follow. When I was at school we weren't allowed to wear football strips as it could cause conflicts between kids who support different teams. This is no recent development or "pc gone mad" as I started primary about 16 years ago.

I wouldn't have any problem with kids wearing football tops for sports day but I can see why they aren't allowed. It is a little over the top to ban them from sports day but that is what schools do and it has always happened. Football stickers and things like that ended up getting banned at a lot schools when I was younger.

The White Cockade

The old JT's have been playing "non-competitive" football for the last 2 seasons!!!

I agree though the world's gone mad when you have non-competitive sports days and the like

if they all try their best they are all winners in most people's eyes anyway

Archived