A little insight into Slovak football

vegas-voss

Trashing of Celtic was class. Very few such small clubs have made it to the group stages of the C.L. The only other similar club I can remember was HJK from Finland.

Sadly no chance of geting Vittek :mad:

Gigolo-Aunt

Not seen the Celtic game for ages. They really were ripped up for erse paper that night.

You would do well to see a better goal than the third one. Screamer.

From the first video it's evident that the quality of defenders in Slovakia is extremely poor. It has a bangin' Mindless Self Indulgence tune, though.

And the second video is just genius :D

Charlie-Brown

Artmedia also drew 0-0 & 2-2 with Rangers that season (2005-06) as well and beat & drew with Porto 3-2 (away) & 0-0.

I had a look at several Slovakian club games on youtube last nite - the standard doesn't look any worse than the SPL without the Old Firm although crowds seem to be more of the tannadice & motherwell level. Technically the players look if anything a lot better than Ross Tokely & Robbie Neilson and other SPL mainstays.

From the first video it's evident that the quality of defenders in Slovakia is extremely poor. It has a bangin' Mindless Self Indulgence tune, though.

And the second video is just genius :D

Yeah it looks like SPL defending;)

Some quality finishes though but i suppose if you put a compilation of goals from any league you would get quality goals.If you do i wiki search though there are some quality Slovakia players play in big leagues throughout europe.I think there league is just like a feeder league for the big clubs from Germany though.

Chad Sexington
Not seen the Celtic game for ages. They really were ripped up for erse paper that night.

You would do well to see a better goal than the third one. Screamer.

Agreed.

Always nice to see them humiliated like that.

If he comes, I hope he brings a little of that stuff with him.

Artmedia also drew 0-0 & 2-2 with Rangers that season (2005-06) as well and beat & drew with Porto 3-2 (away) & 0-0.

I had a look at several Slovakian club games on youtube last nite - the standard doesn't look any worse than the SPL without the Old Firm although crowds seem to be more of the tannadice & motherwell level. Technically the players look if anything a lot better than Ross Tokely & Robbie Neilson and other SPL mainstays.

Just checked their attendances form 2007/08 season.

The highest average was 7218 at FC Spartak Trnava. Other teams varied from 1500 to a little over 4000. 15132 was the highes attendance in a single game - also at Spartak Trnava. Spartak used to have average gates up to 15000 in some past seasons. Not bad.

Charlie-Brown

SPL attendances 2007-08

Team: Total , Average

1 Celtic 1,076,858 56,676

2 Rangers 913,723 48,090

3 Hearts 270,815 15,930

4 Hibernian 263,804 13,884

5 Aberdeen 239,877 11,993

6 Dundee Utd 162,075 8,530

7 Motherwell 125,377 6,598

8 Kilmarnock 117,442 6,181

9 Falkirk 105,785 5,567

10 Inverness CT 90,302 4,752

11 St Mirren 86,400 4,547

12 Gretna 47,388 2,632

PS how do I embed a youtube video?

You have to get the url without the related bit on the end then just copy and paste

Marek Mintal? Nuremberg were just relegated were they not?

Him and Vittek would be amazing.Never happen but they would be brilliant

Archived