Elvis re Cathro/Levein

Clerry Jambo

the big show

Thanks for proving my point.

And do you not think yourself and a few others are proving mines and many more fans points  ...  Sometimes the truth can be hard to take we can see that , However showing a defiance , defending it , ignorance of it is no better than what you would expect from the Muppets on . net and some on here have the cheek to call them deluded .. HONESTLY oh the irony  :cornette:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Cathro was the head coach though not the manager?

I've asked this question to people like you on numerous occasions, and yet to receive an answer.

What is the difference?

Does he pick the team?

Choose tactics?

Make substitutions?

Coach and train the players?

Manager the players on a day to day basis?

Recommend transfer signings to the board?

Of course he did.

Some 'fans' have just nailed their colours to the mast and won't change now until the whole football structure of the club is dismantled.

Pathetic.

They don't have the brain cells to understand a system that works the world over.

It isn't working at Hearts though - and hasn't been for some months now

Exactly this. Can't argue with the Levein fan club though. In their eyes he is doing a good job :lol:

Of course he did.

Some 'fans' have just nailed their colours to the mast and won't change now until the whole football structure of the club is dismantled.

Pathetic.

They don't have the brain cells to understand a system that works the world over.

Thankfully there are fans who understand that it is not working at our club just now and hasn't been for quite a while.

There is a reason why it is not working.

What?

A change of manager results in a period of mixed form?

**** me what an unusual set of circumstances - lets rip up what got us promoted ahead of Rangers and Hibs, got us 3rd in the league because a management change has meant our form has dipped.

Really?

Come on FFS you must see that's utter shite.

Thankfully there are fans who understand that it is not working at our club just now and hasn't been for quite a while.

Gambo sitting stroking his tadger because his sad wee Levein gang got bigger....

What?

**** me what an unusual set of circumstances - lets rip up what got us promoted ahead of Rangers and Hibs, got us 3rd in the league because a management change has meant our form has dipped.

Really?

"Mixed form" is a bit generous, to say the least

There is also the fact that our 'set up' was meant to avoid that scenario of a transitional period.

There is also the fact that our 'set up' was meant to avoid that scenario of a transitional period.

The promotion from within set up?

Define 'mixed form' if it isn't some wins some draws and some

defeats?

Come on, don't make a dumb enough agenda as it is sound moronic.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

- lets rip up what got us promoted ahead of Rangers and Hibs, got us 3rd in the league

:lion:

lets rip up what got us promoted ahead of Rangers and Hibs, got us 3rd in the league

Well we done both with regards to the team.

I've asked this question to people like you on numerous occasions, and yet to receive an answer.

What is the difference?

Does he pick the team?

Choose tactics?

Make substitutions?

Head coach focuses on first team only including all the above. Doesn't do contact negotiations, take calls from agents, organise pre season trips, hire physios and coaches, manage the youth system, oversee the other age groups etc

Think of the football structure as a pyramid. Leveins at top with lines from him to cathro, the u20 coaches, youth academy head, chief scout etc. Each of them will have staff under them, eg cathro has his own first team coaching team.

In other teams the manager also manages those other things like scouts etc. Makes sense to me to have someone focusing on the first team only

What is the difference?

Does he pick the team?

Choose tactics?

Make substitutions?

That's exactly what he does.

A manager will also need to deal with contract negotiations, agents, hiring and firing of the rest of the coaching team, delegating scouts, organising the overall club set-up including youth squads, meetings with the board, managing the budget etc. Our Director of Football carries out these duties, allowing Cathro to concentrate on training and tactics for the first team.

edit - somehow managed to miss this already being answered in the post above. :facepalm:

It was working just fine until Cathro took over. His transition hasn't went as well as hoped.

Exactly this. Can't argue with the Levein fan club though. In their eyes he is doing a good job :lol:

He's doing a great job. The club was an utter shambles when we took over.

Results have been crap recently but the overall turnaround in the club from top to bottom has been a remarkable improvement.

If Levein didn't join us we would not have progressed anywhere near as quickly to our current level.

Look at the state Hibs are in ffs. Still stumbling their way through the Championship. We should be thankful for what we have. That could have easily been us languishing in the lower tier for 3 years.

Head coach focuses on first team only including all the above. Doesn't do contact negotiations, take calls from agents, organise pre season trips, hire physios and coaches, manage the youth system, oversee the other age groups etc

Think of the football structure as a pyramid. Leveins at top with lines from him to cathro, the u20 coaches, youth academy head, chief scout etc. Each of them will have staff under them, eg cathro has his own first team coaching team.

In other teams the manager also manages those other things like scouts etc. Makes sense to me to have someone focusing on the first team only

Yep. I get that. But in the context of just about every discussion on here when someone pitches in with the "he's not a manager but a head coach", it's a discussion about the first team. In that respect, in terms of managing the first team, there is no difference.

Elias Henry Furst

What?

Really?

I'd be interested to know how often you've seen Hearts this season.

Yep. I get that. But in the context of just about every discussion on here when someone pitches in with the "he's not a manager but a head coach", it's a discussion about the first team. In that respect, in terms of managing the first team, there is no difference.

In theory a coach should be able to make the transition to head coach far easier than the transition to manager due to not having all the other added responsibilities.

Elias Henry Furst

It was working just fine until Cathro took over. His transition hasn't went as well as hoped.

It wasn't 'just fine' though was it?

Sure we were sitting higher in the league but the football we were being served was by and large, awful. We'd suffered our most embarrassing European result and exited the league cup without raising a whimper. We also had experienced the 2016 Hibs cup tie shambles and the squad was filled with many questionable signings.

So yes, we were more consistent in the league, largely in games we were expected to win but to say things were 'just fine' isn't accurate.

It wasn't 'just fine' though was it?

Sure we were sitting higher in the league but the football we were being served was by and large, awful. We'd suffered our most embarrassing European result and exited the league cup without raising a whimper. We also had experienced the 2016 Hibs cup tie shambles and the squad was filled with many questionable signings.

So yes, we were more consistent in the league, largely in games we were expected to win but to say things were 'just fine' isn't accurate.

The football wasn't nearly as bad as made out. Cup form was indeed shite but we were still performing above overall expectations. If Neilson had the opportunity to make a few signings in January we'd probably still be within touching distance of Aberdeen.

Considering our budget is still considerably lower than Aberdeen's and Sevcos I'm not sure what people were expecting. 

Elias Henry Furst

The football wasn't nearly as bad as made out. Cup form was indeed shite but we were still performing above overall expectations. If Neilson had the opportunity to make a few signings in January we'd probably still be within touching distance of Aberdeen.

Considering our budget is still considerably lower than Aberdeen's and Sevcos I'm not sure what people were expecting.

I'll respectfully disagree with regards the football we were being served.

On the point of January signings, I'd seen little in the Summer that suggested Robbie Neilson would have been capable of identifying players that would have had us challenging Aberdeen. Of course we don't know who was all involved but Robbie said a few times he made the final decision on signing players. Connor Sammon, Tony Watt and Faycal Rherras were absolutely abysmal signings.

I say all this as someone who wasn't a 'hater' and one who remains appreciative of what was achieved in the Championship season.

This season has been absolute garbage, we are no further forward with the team than we were when we won the championship, Levein continues to appoint coaches who have played for him and believe in his theory so what happens if his theory is wrong ?   

He has fleeced ordinary working class Hearts fans of hundreds of thousands whilst being completely unaccountable for anything, attends every free lunch possible anyone would think he's been taking lessons from Chris Robinson.

Fantastic player for us, decent manager for us, made himself look like a clown managing Scotland, the least he can do is show the Hearts fans a bit respect by being accountable. The club is being run like some political project with bulls*** PR, 5 year plans  and faceless leaders who are happy to take money from the people who pay their wages. 

Maybe the next Gorgie Live could have Levein as a guest. That way he can better explain his role, and it means he'll definitely not be in the dressing room

Levein has already explained the position perfectly clearly

Neilson explained the set up a couple of times

Cathro has now had three interviews on this

You lot aren't that thick are you?

It isn't actually difficult unless you are a shit stirring journo or pundits or people that are happy to tag team shit stirring journos or pundits

Hearts fans aligning with the press over this are akin to the monkeys that you all pissed yourselves over when Romanov was king clown.

It isn't actually difficult unless you are a shit stirring journo or pundits or people that are happy to tag team shit stirring journos or pundits

Hearts fans aligning with the press over this are akin to the monkeys that you all pissed yourselves over when Romanov was king clown.

When Levein originally explained his position, he said he would not be involved in the first team on match day, and that the first team coach would be solely in charge.

When Levein originally explained his position, he said he would not be involved in the first team on match day, and that the first team coach would be solely in charge.

And things have changed quite clearly.

Elias Henry Furst

I'd be interested to know how often you've seen Hearts this season.

Elias Henry Furst

The reason I ask is because every post of yours is heavily tinged with criticism or abuse of other Hearts fans, some of whom I know watch Hearts regularly. Paying a lot of money to do so in the process.

I'd like to know the credibility of yourself.

The reason I ask is because every post of yours is heavily tinged with criticism or abuse of other Hearts fans, some of whom I know watch Hearts regularly. Paying a lot of money to do so in the process.

I'd like to know the credibility of yourself.

He has a massive chip on his shoulder.

Gambo sitting stroking his tadger because his sad wee Levein gang got bigger....

Pathetic post

Elias Henry Furst

He has a massive chip on his shoulder.

He seems angry.

Does he have a season ticket? Go to away games? Does he live in the U.K.?

I see many posts of his having a go at others, defending the current regime in the process but I rarely see him commenting on what he thought of games. What he thought of decisions made.

It's all just a tad strange.

What were we expecting? Not languishing below St Johnstone who have a far lower budget than Hearts, and not losing to a Championship team in the Cup!!!!!

He seems angry.

Does he have a season ticket? Go to away games? Does he live in the U.K.?

I see many posts of his having a go at others, defending the current regime in the process but I rarely see him commenting on what he thought of games. What he thought of decisions made.

It's all just a tad strange.

No idea I tend to skip over his posts like most on here.

Very strange stuff.

What were we expecting? Not languishing below St Johnstone who have a far lower budget than Hearts, and not losing to a Championship team in the Cup!!!!!

We were talking about pre-Cathro.

Elias Henry Furst

Jammy is a good lad - has been posting on Kickback for years.

I'm sure he has.

With all due respect however, his continuous attempts at abusing others on here is growing tiresome.

It's every post.

Some of us wish to talk Hearts and wading through that nonsense adds nothing.

With regards my questions aimed at him, which remain unanswered, I'm just trying to gain context.

Captain America

The problem for me is the team did not play the same way as Robbie had us playing in the Championship once we were promoted, and then Cathro came in with an attacking style that has also disappeared. The common denominator is Levein. 

We did play the same way we had in the Championship for the first 5 or 6 games after promotion. It was after the 3 down to Aberdeen at home RN style seemed to change.

We did play the same way we had in the Championship for the first 5 or 6 games after promotion. It was after the 3 down to Aberdeen at home RN style seemed to change.

Levein was in the dressing room that night. Well documented.

The day imo it all went downhill.

The 'togetherness' within the club went.

The players started to look confused/not interested/not together.

No matter what they publicly say Levein and Neilsons relationship went downhill from then imo.

I'm sure he has.

With all due respect however, his continuous attempts at abusing others on here is growing tiresome.

It's every post.

Some of us wish to talk Hearts and wading through that nonsense adds nothing.

With regards my questions aimed at him, which remain unanswered, I'm just trying to gain context.

There is a long history on here mate. When I got abuse for criticising the guy that nearly liquidated us then I knew this place was nothing but a school playground.

So I lower myself to that level.

I don't mind

People give me a heap of shit - I give it back.

I don't see the problem unless of course you expect people to just give me shit and me to wither away like a wee pussy.

Ok I apologise Beats there are no thick Jambos.

;)

Fans can call employees of the club everything under the sun but I can't give some back to those arseholes...

How does that make sense?

Mate.

?

;)

Fans can call employees of the club everything under the sun but I can't give some back to those arseholes...

Mate.

?

We the fans are paying people like Levein a wage. I think he is detrimental to our club and I think he is at it.

I apologise if I got personal with him, I'm just so pissed off with all this nonsense.

;)

Mate.

?

You can't give any back? Are you an employee of the Club like?

Archived