Some People

Eckauskas

Big rep for taking them, Eck (yeah I did big rep).

My dad has taken teams for years, starting when I was in Primary 2 (I'm 19 now). You will always get arsehole parents, the thing is though, the other parents know they're arseholes, the kids know they're arseholes and other coaches will know they're arseholes.

It's not something I would worry about.

Your correct when saying the average game for 7 year olds isn't the most tactical of games and the majority will just chase the ball. The important this is to get them to pass and try and stick to a formation.

Night out soon, aye? Need to get a night out in Berwick before you're away down 'saf, for what sounds like a made-up/best degree ever!

Big rep for taking them, Eck (yeah I did big rep).

My dad has taken teams for years, starting when I was in Primary 2 (I'm 19 now). You will always get arsehole parents, the thing is though, the other parents know they're arseholes, the kids know they're arseholes and other coaches will know they're arseholes.

It's not something I would worry about.

Your correct when saying the average game for 7 year olds isn't the most tactical of games and the majority will just chase the ball. The important this is to get them to pass and try and stick to a formation.

Night out soon, aye? Need to get a night out in Berwick before you're away down 'saf, for what sounds like a made-up/best degree ever!

Got until September for that mate.

I've tried naming them after players as well, so they get a good idea as to where they should be on the pitch, etc. Helps them stick with a formation, etc.

Got until September for that mate.

Keep going, lads. I'm sure that everyone on Kickback is fascinated by this conversation. :D

I P Knightley

I've tried naming them after players as well, so they get a good idea as to where they should be on the pitch, etc. Helps them stick with a formation, etc.

Do you turn up with the fax sheet so you can tell them who you've been told to play this week?

In seriousness, as a parent of an 8 year old who looks for fun and fairness in his football, the main thing I insist upon is a parents' charter. I've witnessed some fairly shocking behaviour (not quite up to the level you experienced) from the touchlines and have twice taken parents to task over it. I'm not in any way involved in the coaching or refereeing but, being a bit big, folk tend not to argue too much.

As long as you're doing your job talking to the boys on the pitch, you should have nothing to fear. They ought to be learning from you as they play and an explanation to the wee 541t that the goalmouth scramble is not a fould should have been the end of it.

If there isn't a parents' charter for your club, you should try to introduce one. Even explain that it's being introduced due to some unacceptable behaviour and stress that kids won't play unless their parents/carers have signed up.

The suggestion that this old geezer should apologise in public before his kid is allowed to return is fantastic. He had a go at you in public so should be prepared to face the consequences in a similar way.

Because you haven't said how old your lad is, I'm going to assume that he's roughly around the age that my group are. Where the balls goes, 75% of them follow. Bumps and knocks are always going to happen.

I still struggle to grasp quite why this man thought his son was never going to get a bump every now and again.

It beggars belief.

Yup, 6yo mate.

Probably because he has never played football or been to a game in his life.

Ryan Gosling

I played football at that age in the meadows every Saturday morning from the age of 5 until 10. Best days of your life as they say. Competitive without being nasty, some of the wiser kids started diving to see what would happen, if there was an incident then it would be resolved and the parents were told they were welcome to watch the last 15 minutes but not before that. We all adored it.

Archived