Viking confirm Velicka is on his way to Rangers

StrikersInstinct

We_are_the_Hearts

Rangers seem to be building a squad for Europe AND the SPL. Velicka will serve them well for the SPL.

Bindy Badgy
Why do you think they sold him for the same money 6 months after buying him ?

Something smells fishy to me and its not my middle finger :eek:

If the reported figures are correct 400k was made up in add ons. The chances of him having met the conditions of the add-ons after six months are fairly slim so they are probably making 400k profit.

winston churchill
Egil ostenstadt? Didnt we go for him one time? Never too late i guess :)

JJ wanted to sign him but the pieman would not cough up.

i think he ended up signing for southampton.

If the reported figures are correct 400k was made up in add ons. The chances of him having met the conditions of the add-ons after six months are fairly slim so they are probably making 400k profit.

Or Romanov now has a mole and an agent ;)

Never really rated Velicka that much. Was good enough during his last season, but missed many more chances than he scored. Surprised Rangers are signing him, think Watty Smith's days will be numbered if he keeps up with the quality of signings he is currently making.

Velicka has scored 5 in 13 for Viking this year. Not a brilliant goals to game ratio. We'll see....:rolleyes:

Same here, i thought we was ok but i'm surprised either half of the OF wanted him. He missed glorious chances in big chances on a few occassions.

Nice to see Vlad's plan of bringing of cheap eastern europeans to benefit Hearts is working for Rangers!

We get rid of him AV and keep no 24 how the fork does that work?

Good luck to him though don't like see him signing for one of the bigot sisters but it's not his fault Vlad knows nothing about football or runnning a club properly

He wont get stick from me either.

Gave his all playing for the club and was one of the guys that seemed like he gave a **** about the club.

said at the time that we could have got more money. Dont agree with some who think that was his maximum value and it was at its peak.

Totally agree.

Missed a few but never gave up.

Always giving 100% when others around him didn't give a sh%t.

Still dont think he was sold from Hearts though , was he still not a Kanaus player when sold.

Ryan Gosling
Nice to see Vlad's plan of bringing of cheap eastern europeans to benefit Hearts is working for Rangers!

We get rid of him AV and keep no 24 how the fork does that work?

Good luck to him though don't like see him signing for one of the bigot sisters but it's not his fault Vlad knows nothing about football or runnning a club properly

Kancelskis left.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Kancelskis left.

Just goes to show, it's easier to call the players by their names, rather than use the same old childish and embarrassing "number joke".

tartofmidlothian
I'd rather have Kris Boyd in my team than Andrius Velicka. They all say Boyd has nothing else to his game than scoring goals, same could be said for Velicka, no?

Awwwwww scheidt. I'd rather have either one of them.

I'd rather the Hearts had a quarter decent striker that wasn't (a) fat (B) on the sick © on Vlad's cash-in list (d) Clum.

I'd rather not have to see AV turn out at Grayskull.

Are Stavenger part-owned by JJB, by any chance?

Say What Again
Vhelicka

I think we all know he won't be ;)

He'll be a Hearts legend who was forced out the door and has came back to further his career by joining a well respected team that plays in Europe every season.

Ghood Lhuck to him I say :P

Say What Again
I'd be disapointed if he got stick from anyone, hun or not.

I don't think he'll get stick Cat.

If he moved to the 'unacceptable, horrible, OF, Glasgow, low-life, etc etc etc' team. He would.

On here he'll more than likely get a following. :sad:

Just goes to show, it's easier to call the players by their names, rather than use the same old childish and embarrassing "number joke".

As usual missing the point. Why did we let go a half decent player who at least put in 100% and had an eye for a goal n favour of keeping a number of player who have no interest in playing for our great club.

Names or numbers mean nothing effort and committment means everything!

We_are_the_Hearts
As usual missing the point. Why did we let go a half decent player who at least put imen 100% and had an eye for a goal n favour of keeping a number of player who have no interest in playing for our great club.

Names or nums mean nothing effort and committment means everything!

Romanov bought Hearts to showcase Lithuanian talent and to buy and sell players at a profit. Only now he realises there is no Lithuanian talent. Look at every player we have bought......every one has a blot in the past. Expectations rose under Burley and thats why he got shot. The scary thing is that i backed VR at the time.....................all credit for GB walking with dignity at the time cause most folk on here wd have backed up VR at the time

Stupid Sexy Flanders
As usual missing the point. Why did we let go a half decent player who at least put in 100% and had an eye for a goal n favour of keeping a number of player who have no interest in playing for our great club.

Names or numbers mean nothing effort and committment means everything!

"As usual"?! Do I personally have a tendancy for missing the point?! I didn't think I did.

I just get bored of reading that same old "joke" all the time.

Professor.Arturo
How does this sit with the three clubs in less than a year rule?

It would make no difference, he was sold to Viking by Kaunas not Hearts, he was only on loan to us.

It would make no difference, he was sold to Viking by Kaunas not Hearts, he was only on loan to us.

That has never been part of the rule. The rule (as I understand it) was that you cannot play for more than two clubs in a 12 month period. Nothing about signing or on loan. The only part of the rule I am unsure about is if it is a calendar year or if it is per season.

Jam Tarts 1874

I wonder which Velicka Rangers will get. The one who was garbage for most of his time at Hearts, indeed so bad that he was lined up for shipping back to Lithuania last summer. Or the one that went on a run of form after he and his agent had publicly put Velicka in the shop window last October?

Drylaw Hearts

Rangers will sell Boyd and Cousin for fee's that will combine to around ?5million.

They will buy Velicka and Miller for around ?3million.

Not a bad deal imo.

They also have Darchville and Novo.

I reckon they will sign 1 more striker this summer.

A big CF.

Drylaw Hearts
I wonder which Velicka Rangers will get. The one who was garbage for most of his time at Hearts, indeed so bad that he was lined up for shipping back to Lithuania last summer. Or the one that went on a run of form after he and his agent had publicly put Velicka in the shop window last October?

You really are a beauty.

Charlie-Brown
That has never been part of the rule. The rule (as I understand it) was that you cannot play for more than two clubs in a 12 month period. Nothing about signing or on loan. The only part of the rule I am unsure about is if it is a calendar year or if it is per season.

I am sure that rule runs from 1st july to 1st july (or maybe it's june?) but it's year to year BH.

The Old Tolbooth
I would love to see the itemised telephone billing from the huns and viking over the last 6 months.

Something does not sit right here.

What doesn't sit right Deek?

It seems perfectly legitimate to me mate

He was contracted to Kaunus and loaned out to us so we don't really have a right to complain, and the only one who's messed up here is Vlad himself for selling the only only decent striker (at the time before Glen burst on the scene) in our team at a time when we really needed him, for 3 pieces of silver!

Viking haven't exactly been setting the heather on fire recently and Rangers obviously noted that and saw an opportunity to get in a very decent striker for a very small fee (in comparison to what they usually pay) who will do MUCH better than the likes of Cousin.

Overall I think it's just another situation that Vlad has messed up for us, just like every other situation! :confused:

I think it's a great move for Velicka and wish him all the best.

The Old Tolbooth
While I have yet to be convinced by Cousin Spellczech I would tend to agree, a striking combination of Cousin/Darcheville and Boyd does have more appeal than Miller and Velicka.

Oh I dunno PJ, while Miller doesn't score a barrow load of goals, he certainly runs his socks off and puts in a hell of a shift for anyone he plays for, and should provide quite a bit of service for Velicka who knows where the onion bag is.

Are Rangers keeping Darcheville? If so then the 3 of them together IMO would be far more potent than the Boyd/Cousin/Darcheville combo.

stirlingshirejambo

I think that as Velicka gave us many good maoments, many good goals and worked hard for the team I will remeber him fondly and would certainly not critisise him for joining Rangers.

As far as I know he never asked for a transfer but was sold as that was the owners request.

Good luck to him means he comes back to living in a country he clearly enjoyed has a decent grasp of the language and will hopefully make himself some cash.

Rangers will sell Boyd and Cousin for fee's that will combine to around ?5million.

They will buy Velicka and Miller for around ?3million.

Not a bad deal imo.

They also have Darchville and Novo.

I reckon they will sign 1 more striker this summer.

A big CF.

Klimek?

Drylaw Hearts
Klimek?

No chance Rangers will sign him.

He's Pholish.

Rangers fans/sympathysers hate the Pholes.

I think we're weaker without him and wish we hadn't sold him. Sure, he went through rough patches and was far from the finished article, but who knows what a decent manager could have got out of him. It'll be interesting to see how he does for the huns and I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well unfortunately.

As for their strikers, I think its a cert Cousin will go, but much less so that Boyd will go leave.

No chance Rangers will sign him.

He's Pholish.

Rangers fans/sympathysers hate the Pholes.

I think you were correct with fans. :)

Archived