Viking confirm Velicka is on his way to Rangers

StrikersInstinct

The Comedian

He will easily score 25+ goals a season for them. Nice piece of business there by the club.

Meanwhile we still have he haw up front.

*sigh*

He'll be getting splinters in his @rse then.

Let's hope so, cause if they play him he'll score a sheeiteload for them :sad:

Gigolo-Aunt
He'll be getting splinters in his @rse then.

Not so sure.

Think Rangers will affload a few names with Miller arriving as well.

May not play every game for Rangers next year, but he will play his share - and no doubt prove VERY good value for money.

Good signing for the forces of darkness.

:sad:

Goals goals goals.

Reading between the lienes, Cousin and Boyd are off.

Velicka and Miller up front just doesn't seem right.

I'd rather have Kris Boyd in my team than Andrius Velicka. They all say Boyd has nothing else to his game than scoring goals, same could be said for Velicka, no?

I'd just love to see Romanov's mug when he hears the news.

StrikersInstinct

Translation from the article:

?We have had a good chat with Martin Bain, Rangers sporting director, and there is a good chance we will reach an agreement,? said Egil ?stenstad, Vikings sporting director.

Rangers today signed Kenny Miller but have also been trailing Velicka at the same time.

The parties are close to agreement and Velicka has had a clear indication that he can go to Glasgow to discuss personal terms.

The 29-year old travels to Scotland in the next few days and will undergo a medical and discuss personal terms.

?We see this as the last chance for a player at this age to play at the highest. He has the chance to join one the best clubs in Europe and will in addition earn considerably higher wages,? said ?stenstad.

Good signing for them.

Boyd is now sick of the sub striker role and Cousin will go. Velicka will cost less than both will sell for (if that makes sense) and will be a good "bench option" for Smith.

Comes on and scores, everything a striker needs to be.

I have to admit I am quite chuffed for the lad, always gave a lot for us and was better for us than many would admit.

The Comedian
I'd rather have Kris Boyd in my team than Andrius Velicka. They all say Boyd has nothing else to his game than scoring goals, same could be said for Velicka, no?

I think Velicka is a better player with a similar scoring ration to Boyd who is damn near a man down when the ball is anywhere on the park apart from the pen box...

monkfish1979
I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us:mad:

You know that it will.

Wonder what sort of reception he'll get if he shows up at Tynie wearing the Nazi blue.

Ibrahim Tall
I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us:mad:

Tbh, it probably already has. Wasn't part of our "fee" we recieved depending on him scoring so many for Viking?

Gigolo-Aunt

Rangers will take in a hell of a lot more money for Boyd than they paid for Handy Andy. Money that is crucial for the re-building of their squad.

The midfield needs a SERIOUS playmaker. This will free funds for just that.

Good moves from Rangers today.

portobellojambo1

Was speaking to a Rangers fans at work today, and he was asking me about Velicka. I said the system we played didn't suit him as he is an out and out striker rather than a target man within a 4-5-1 formation. I said to him I would imagine he will score goals for you, with the right service provided up front.

His reply was "feck, if he cannot play in a 4-5-1 formation for you there is no way he will score goals for us, we are a strictly 4-6-0 these days".

portobellojambo1
How does this sit with the three clubs in less than a year rule?

Think the season Viking are presently playing is their 2008-09 season bigh, so it is irrelevant.

Rangers will take in a hell of a lot more money for Boyd than they paid for Handy Andy. Money that is crucial for the re-building of their squad.

The midfield needs a SERIOUS playmaker. This will free funds for just that.

Good moves from Rangers today.

You make a good point, I never thought of the fee for Boyd. It's a good bit of business for Rangers, what do you think Romanov's reaction will be like?

Velicka to Rangers, Cousin to Fulham, Boyd to Birmingham. Can see it already.

Gigolo-Aunt
Egil ostenstadt? Didnt we go for him one time? Never too late i guess :)

If I remember right JJ had a gentlemans agreement. The Saints came in for him and he went there.

Some of the younger posters will remember him at Rangers as a shadow of his former self. Its worth noting that in the mid'late 90's he was a VERY decent Premiership striker.

Went for a shed load of money to Blackburn.

Think the season Viking are presently playing is their 2008-09 season bigh, so it is irrelevant.

I thought it was more based on a calendar year as opposed to a football season. I may be wrong though.

Gigolo-Aunt
You make a good point, I never thought of the fee for Boyd. It's a good bit of business for Rangers, what do you think Romanov's reaction will be like?

Velicka to Rangers, Cousin to Fulham, Boyd to Birmingham. Can see it already.

Dunno what his reaction will be mate.

Just hoping that he is putting all his energies to in to getting the right dude for us.

:)

Egil ostenstadt? Didnt we go for him one time? Never too late i guess :)

don't say that. Did he not have a spell at rangers where he was absolutely honking!?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
If I remember right JJ had a gentlemans agreement. The Saints came in for him and he went there.

Some of the younger posters will remember him at Rangers as a shadow of his former self. Its worth noting that in the mid'late 90's he was a VERY decent Premiership striker.

I remember he took out our keeper (Tepi Moilanen?) in a game once, left him sparko in the 6 yard box, ref waved play on and someone else tapped it in. I couldn't believe it.

The gen (as I remembered it) was that Hearts and JJ wanted him. His contract was about to run out and Hearts had tentatively struck a deal, but EO was unhappy at the club that had reared him and had looked after him so well was to get nothing.

He signed a new deal and we could not afford to buy him. Souness and Southampton weighed in with ?900,000.

A lesson that many like Webster could have done with learning.

***EDIT*** meant to say, only a matter of days passed after the signing of the Viking deal and the signing for Southampton.

I would love to see the itemised telephone billing from the huns and viking over the last 6 months.

Something does not sit right here.

Gigolo-Aunt
The gen (as I remembered it) was that Hearts and JJ wanted him. His contract was about to run out and Hearts had tentatively struck a deal, but EO was unhappy at the club that had reared him and had looked after him so well was to get nothing.

He signed a new deal and we could not afford to buy him. Souness and Southampton weighed in with ?900,000.

A lesson that many like Webster could have done with learning.

***EDIT*** meant to say, only a matter of days passed after the signing of the Viking deal and the signing for Southampton.

Cheers. We missed out there on a guy who would have been brilliant in Scottish football.

I would love to see the itemised telephone billing from the huns and viking over the last 6 months.

Something does not sit right here.

Same here, The Norway thing didn't sit right with me when he went, now coming back to the Huns so soon after leaving Mmmmmmmmmm

Ray Winstone
Same here, The Norway thing didn't sit right with me when he went, now coming back to the Huns so soon after leaving Mmmmmmmmmm

Your getting as bad as Vlad.

Bindy Badgy

I would hurt like hell to see him turn out for Them. I was planning on getting his name on next season's kit:(

Having said that I wouldn't begrudge him the move. If I was in his position I would go. If you does go he'll get a respectful silence from me. I won't boo him.

Tbh, it probably already has. Wasn't part of our "fee" we recieved depending on him scoring so many for Viking?

I think it was based on appearances but the end result is the same.

Alan Johnson
Goals goals goals.

Reading between the lienes, Cousin and Boyd are off.

when i read between the lines i still cant understand it :rolleyes:

Guest u01dg3

Never really rated Velicka that much. Was good enough during his last season, but missed many more chances than he scored. Surprised Rangers are signing him, think Watty Smith's days will be numbered if he keeps up with the quality of signings he is currently making.

Velicka has scored 5 in 13 for Viking this year. Not a brilliant goals to game ratio. We'll see....:rolleyes:

200milesfromgorgie

Well at least he didn't give me the horn. Never a fan despite is gola record in our poor times.

Saul Goodman

Berra to wolves - Mid-season "loan" to der huns, deal complete by end of the season.....

.... Maybe vlads their agent, a secret agent.

Not that i believe in conspiracy theories :)

Gigolo-Aunt

He wont get stick from me either.

Gave his all playing for the club and was one of the guys that seemed like he gave a **** about the club.

said at the time that we could have got more money. Dont agree with some who think that was his maximum value and it was at its peak.

Guest JamboRobbo
Good signing for them.

Boyd is now sick of the sub striker role and Cousin will go. Velicka will cost less than both will sell for (if that makes sense) and will be a good "bench option" for Smith.

Comes on and scores, everything a striker needs to be.

I have to admit I am quite chuffed for the lad, always gave a lot for us and was better for us than many would admit.

Agree with that. I think in a good side, he'll be a great sub striker for them. Coming on when the game is stretched and chances fall at both ends, and being able to score them.

He wont get stick from me either.

I'd be disapointed if he got stick from anyone, hun or not.

Gigolo-Aunt
I'd be disapointed if he got stick from anyone, hun or not.

I would prepare yourself then.

Its a funny old world.

:sad:

Ho hum. That?s life. Shows Rangers scouting system is as good as it ever was...

Cannot pretend to be happy about this but I have to say that the players on the way out the door at Ibrox are better than those on the way in...

portobellojambo1
Ho hum. That?s life. Shows Rangers scouting system is as good as it ever was...

Cannot pretend to be happy about this but I have to say that the players on the way out the door at Ibrox are better than those on the way in...

While I have yet to be convinced by Cousin Spellczech I would tend to agree, a striking combination of Cousin/Darcheville and Boyd does have more appeal than Miller and Velicka.

Why do you think they sold him for the same money 6 months after buying him ?

Something smells fishy to me and its not my middle finger :eek:

Archived