Tziolis called up by Greece

kila

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5809

Alex Tziolis has been called up to the Greece squad for their upcoming World Cup qualifier.

The Greeks face Belgium in Brussels on March 25th in a top of the table clash, with Belgium in first place on 12 points while Greece sit second with 10 points.

Alex is part of a 24-man squad and will have the chance to add to his 62 caps after today being named in Michael Skibbe?s pool of players.

His ability to adapt to the pace of the game in Scotland will dictate if he is going to be a success with us but his obvious football intelligence should cover some of that lack of pace..

Also encouraging that he has been called up whilst at our club. It may influence his decision should he be offered a longer contract.

He's a good player.

Getting up to speed with Scottish football but has hopefully learned what he has to do.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Any chance of Struna playing against Scotland?

Quite possibly, he was a regular before  his deal fell through in the summer.

If these guys

A Get their international games

B Improve over the next few weeks

Puts us in a better position for next season. Interesting period coming up prior to the split. I think more revealing than after the split, when I think things could be less intense

To think

that some 'experts' on here don't rate him.

They wouldn't know a good footballer if one appeared out of their arse.

No doubt at all that most of our new imports have bags of skill.

It will take some of them time though to fully acclimatise to the pace of the Scottish game.

Some guys will do it quicker than others. Rudi for example, pretty much hit the ground running.

Tziolis is a class act. He should be up to speed by the end of the season.

Lets hope if he is that we manage to keep hold of him.

maroonlegions

To think

that some 'experts' on here don't rate him.

They wouldn't know a good footballer if one appeared out of their arse.

:2thumbsup:

He was very good against Hamilton, playing him a bit further up the park could be the answer to our lack of bite in the midfield. 

I rate him, there's no doubt there's a class act in that player, but he's been absolutely shocking for us (apart from v Hamilton).  If he keeps the faster speed of play up then he'll be very important player for us ... pity it's 4 weeks too late.

hearts related nickname

I rate him, there's no doubt there's a class act in that player, but he's been absolutely shocking for us (apart from v Hamilton). If he keeps the faster speed of play up then he'll be very important player for us ... pity it's 4 weeks too late.

Too late? Arguably the fixtures coming up are the most important, yes hibs but that's done. If we continue to improve we will take 3rd no bother. Having Tziolis up to speed will be essential for that

Not quite the stroller everybody predicted... Needs to earn his new contract or feck off with the rest of them

Not quite the stroller everybody predicted... Needs to earn his new contract or feck off with the rest of them

I doubt he has any interest in staying to be honest

The Future's Maroon

Good news for him, and us. Can only boost his confidence getting called up.

Remember he hadn't played much in the months before joining. Bit of rust there which hopefully has been shaken now

Also encouraging that he has been called up whilst at our club. It may influence his decision should he be offered a longer contract.

That was the first thing that came to my mind.

As long as players like him and djoum are being called up to represent their country, then the more likely they will be happy to stay with us.

I doubt he has any interest in staying to be honest

Why so?

I am sure he had other offers on the table before he decided to go with us.

Roxy Hearts

His ability to adapt to the pace of the game in Scotland will dictate if he is going to be a success with us but his obvious football intelligence should cover some of that lack of pace..

The guys is at least 3 levels above anyone else on our books, can't believe folk can't see that.

How do you reconcile that with his performances outside of the rangers second half and Hamilton? He must have been going through the motions or not trying?

How do you reconcile that with his performances outside of the rangers second half and Hamilton? He must have been going through the motions or not trying?

See my post above

colinmaroon

Easily!

He was an unknown factor and is now singled out for tight treatment.

Took a game or two to adjust but is now showing that he can handle the pressure, as per v Hamilton.

Don't buy it. He hid in a few games instead of looking to get on the ball and dictate.

I think he's obviously got talent but serious doubts over his application. Don't forget he turned up in Scotland on a free in January so something is not quite right.

Nookie Bear

Too late? Arguably the fixtures coming up are the most important, yes hibs but that's done. If we continue to improve we will take 3rd no bother. Having Tziolis up to speed will be essential for that

Performances in the previous few games mean there are no more important fixtures coming up.

Take 3rd no bother? No chance.

Don't buy it. He hid in a few games instead of looking to get on the ball and dictate.

I think he's obviously got talent but serious doubts over his application. Don't forget he turned up in Scotland on a free in January so something is not quite right.

Just opinions but even in the games where we were awful I thought he was the only one who never hid.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think the games are important now forming next season. If we finish 4th June 29th start

Absolute quality and too the roasters who gave their valued footballing managerial expertise,GIRUY maybe football is not your game.

Sexton Hardcastle

Signed and was wanked over before he barely kicked a ball.

Was then written off for slowing down play and not scoring or assisting.

Played half decent the other week and is suddenly the international footballer we all knew he would be.

Kickback lyf.

Before the cup tie you could not say a bad word about any of our signings without posters telling you they knew better.

He was a free transfer and what should have been asked is why as well as one or two others we signed but many on here were so desperate for change they told us all how good each and everyone of them was when it was patently not true

He is 32 and still looking for a longer term deal.........I'll be happy to wait until the end of the season and see if he's worth another year as I would for the vast majority of the winter signings

There is a player in there. I'd give him another 12 month deal.

Good publicity for the club him getting a call up.

Gordon Ramsay

He's a decent player but a bit too much of a stroller for me.

Doubt he'll be here beyond the end of the season.

Lots of low post counters on this one.

Sniff sniff.

You must have had a low post count when you joined the forum?

What's your thought on Tziolis? Appreciate you might not have seen him in the flesh so difficult to have a valid opinion.

Bridge of Djoum

You must have had a low post count when you joined the forum?

What's your thought on Tziolis? Appreciate you might not have seen him in the flesh so difficult to have a valid opinion.

Seen in the flesh? Not sure what you mean.

As a subscriber to Hearts World and Fox Soccer Plus here in the States, I see quite a lot of him, and other players. Does that count? I fail to see why people bring up geography here while talking about one's ability to comment on Hearts or a particular player. I think whether I'm at Tynecastle, in an Edinburgh boozer or 3500 miles away doesn't make an iota of difference. I'm seeing the same guy do the same things.

I did indeed have a low post count at one time, but I do recall not using them to be a negative **** at every opportunity.

Tziolis is a fantastic football player. To claim otherwise is nonsense. Whether we have seen the best of him, or ever will is a different matter.

Seen in the flesh? Not sure what you mean.

As a subscriber to Hearts World and Fox Soccer Plus here in the States, I see quite a lot of him, and other players. Does that count? I fail to see why people bring up geography here while talking about one's ability to comment on Hearts or a particular player. I think whether I'm at Tynecastle, in an Edinburgh boozer or 3500 miles away doesn't make an iota of difference. I'm seeing the same guy do the same things.

I did indeed have a low post count at one time, but I do recall not using them to be a negative **** at every opportunity.

Tziolis is a fantastic football player. To claim otherwise is nonsense. Whether we have seen the best of him, or ever will is a different matter.

That's fine mate, I think he's a good player too but not convinced of his commitment.

Would have been best just to give your opinion on the thread topic in the first place instead of discouraging new posters to have an opinion.

Bridge of Djoum

That's fine mate, I think he's a good player too but not convinced of his commitment.

Would have been best just to give your opinion on the thread topic in the first place instead of discouraging new posters to have an opinion.

You have quite literally done me in the 2nd sentence. Bravo, sir.

Governor Tarkin

Lots of low post counters on this one.

Sniff sniff.

The board is crawling at the moment.

Marooned Abroad

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5809

Alex Tziolis has been called up to the Greece squad for their upcoming World Cup qualifier.

The Greeks face Belgium in Brussels on March 25th in a top of the table clash, with Belgium in first place on 12 points while Greece sit second with 10 points.

Alex is part of a 24-man squad and will have the chance to add to his 62 caps after today being named in Michael Skibbe?s pool of players.

Note that Greece play Belgium in a 'top of the table clash'. Just like Scotland, eh (joke!)

A guy has 62 caps for a country far better than ours, has obvious class, yet some doubt his ability to adapt to the pace of the Scottish kick and rush game! Don't make me laugh. Get him signed up and build a team round him. Then, mark my words, Hearts will be playing good football and winning regularly.

OmiyaHearts

Stating the obvious but he's a very good player - we should build our midfield round him.

Unfortunately, I can't see him staying.

Lincon Premier

It's good from a players point of view but when these call up's are determental to the team I would rather they didn't get a call. This is the same reason why I am not moaning about Walker.

Shat it off Hibs. See ya.

How did Blended Spaces know his sister was on her period?  His dad's ****** tasted funny.

Archived