Tziolis today?

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Couldn't make it to the match today, but I'd love to hear how he did. Such a classy and composed player, it sounds like he's up to speed now?

Toss up between him and Cowie for MoM.

Got stuck in, and looked far more up to the pace of the game.

Cruyff Turn

He had a great game. Fought hard for the ball, composed in possession and nearly scored a screamer of a volley direct from a Cowie corner. Really good game from big Zeus.

Moved the ball much much quicker again. Looks a far better player when he does this and it sets the tempo for us. Class act

Captain Bubblebeard

He was outstanding today and showed that he had more than two gears for the first time. Frustrating that it has taken this long, and hard to get too excited given the opposition, but certainly looked the part today.

Played well today despite getting floored a few times by rough tackles from Hamilton.

Corner in the first half got played straight out to him by the D, and he launched a low punt. Hamilton keeper was on fire the first half so not much was getting past him.

He has bursts of pace and agility when he wants to use it, I'd like to see him threatening with that more.

Wasn't there but I've been thinking a fully fit Cowie beside him will help alot.  Don is perpetual motion which is what the big fella needs when he's on the ball.

I feel Djoum needs to work on finding space better, basically moving more and with more intelligence - I wonder if he did today?  Not sure if it's that he gets played "between" positions or if it's of his own doing in general

The Internet

Showed that he is many levels above the likes of Hamilton. He might get caught out on occasion by the pace of this league but ability-wise he's so far ahead.

rudi must stay

Wasn't there but I've been thinking a fully fit Cowie beside him will help alot. Don is perpetual motion which is what the big fella needs when he's on the ball.

I feel Djoum needs to work on finding space better, basically moving more and with more intelligence - I wonder if he did today? Not sure if it's that he gets played "between" positions or if it's of his own doing in general

Djoum floats around making difficult passes. Winning tackles, makes the game look easy and if he goes in the summer we will miss him badly. I would goes as far as to say for us he's irreplaceable

Got stuck in, and looked far more up to the pace of the game.

This is the crucial thing

Upped his awareness and reactions. Learning Scottish football

He was excellent today.

Notable that the team, and Tziolis, all had a much more positive and attacking approach to the game. No surprise to see that to a man the team flourished.

Very good but worry for me is why not do it when we are not playing well or up against it . On his game a cut above

Gorgie_Rules

Shows good leadership, often gets frustrated when others are wasteful but shows he cares.

If can keep up those performances and continue to adapt to our game then hopefully we can get him tied down for next season.

Played well today still had a couple of oops moments but thankfully not capitalised on by Hamilton.

He was excellent today.

Notable that the team, and Tziolis, all had a much more positive and attacking approach to the game. No surprise to see that to a man the team flourished.

Good work done by the coaches and players in the last week.

Good work done by the coaches and players in the last week.

Yep. It certainly looks that. Let's hope it continues. Winning feels much better than losing.

Wasn't there but I've been thinking a fully fit Cowie beside him will help alot.  Don is perpetual motion which is what the big fella needs when he's on the ball.

I feel Djoum needs to work on finding space better, basically moving more and with more intelligence - I wonder if he did today?  Not sure if it's that he gets played "between" positions or if it's of his own doing in general

I was there, and you are spot on.  I think playing him in a well balanced midfield allows him to do his thing and Cowie was superb today, while Djoum also had a good game.  We were disjointed in midfield against Hibs in both games which meant Tziolis was finding himself under more pressure than he should have been in the holding role. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

When he arrived he was laying little passes off to others but now he looks like he wants to be more the playmaker and with cowie and Djoum ably backing him up with their intelligent running the centre now looks a unit. Hopefully he and the rest can keep it going against the better teams until the seasons end.

Thought Police

Great day. It's just frustrating because he should have been bodying Bartley in the derby than the other way round. But there's no doubting he has class.

Showed that he is many levels above the likes of Hamilton. He might get caught out on occasion by the pace of this league but ability-wise he's so far ahead.

Agree with this. When he does get caught out he usually has the ball won back within 3 seconds. Him and Cowie ran the show today and allow the attacking players to do their jobs, while joining the attacks as well.

Be interesting to see how we look against Aberdeen. We got the mentality right today and "earned our right to play" as Cathro often mentions. Tziolis, Cowie and Isma not giving Hamilton a second to rest early on helped us do that.

Djoum floats around making difficult passes. Winning tackles, makes the game look easy and if he goes in the summer we will miss him badly. I would goes as far as to say for us he's irreplaceable

Oh aye I love Arnaud, wasn't being negative, I just wonder when hes not in the game if its where hes playing or how hes playing that causes it if that makes sense. Brilliant when on the ball, I just want him on it more!!

rudi must stay

Oh aye I love Arnaud, wasn't being negative, I just wonder when hes not in the game if its where hes playing or how hes playing that causes it if that makes sense. Brilliant when on the ball, I just want him on it more!!

I think he thrives on quick football and his colleagues making runs into space. Today we were better at both

He also looks great further up the field. Thought he was the best player on the pitch, nudges players off the ball and seems to have so mUchida room around him.

When he arrived he was laying little passes off to others but now he looks like he wants to be more the playmaker and with cowie and Djoum ably backing him up with their intelligent running the centre now looks a unit. Hopefully he and the rest can keep it going against the better teams until the seasons end.

About time. He's been brutal since he arrived. There's class in there but he's been on holiday since he arrived. Sleeves up and flip flops off from now on.

Captain America

Best performance he has had for us.

Starting to see what others were raving about.

Rudolf's Mate

He was rotten in that match.

I'm not disputing that however f you read the thread you'll see several posters claim he's not kicked a ball since signing for us. Quite a few wanted him emptied :cornette:

19850945a64d27304cbf601b386c9478.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Arthur Mitchell

After the County game on 1st March.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/168084-tziolis/

Glad I don't judge the guy going on some posters on that thread!

Well highlighted. Real football fans know a good player when they play.

Tziolis is top drawer. Enjoy him while we have him.

Rudolf's Mate

Well highlighted. Real football fans know a good player when they play.

Tziolis is top drawer. Enjoy him while we have him.

Yet another thread that highlights some posters who almost judge on a game by game basis.

Kudos to those (I'm not patting myself on the back here either) who were able to look beyond one or two games and see the guys quality.

Archived