Tziolis

Watt-Zeefuik

Watt-Zeefuik

Beyond awful today. Directly at fault for the winning goal with his casual approach to a ball in the box.

Yes, he's clearly got ability, but his desire to use it seems to wane with every day.  I no longer care if this is the fault of his attitude or because Cathro's instructions make no sense to the players. 

We actually looked decent for stretches of the first half when the ball was in the County half, but we are so fragile at the back right now.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kills any sense of urgency we occasionally have. A liability in possession at times.

Probably great in training, though.

Hopeless. Goes to show what happens when we toss ourselves off over someone after one game

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Our form since he started starting games has been appalling.

When nothing else is working it seems that dropping him has to happen.

Goal apart he did ok.

Not everything came off but did okay (no better than that).

There is a lack of options for the person on the ball.

Did more in last ten mins up front than Johnsen did all game.

Goal apart he did ok.

He was also massively at fault for the goal they had chopped off. Not that it mattered.

Pants Shaton

Didn't buy into the 'stroller' pish after his first few games.

This guy has been threatening to lose us a game for weeks - he came good tonight on that early promise.

Talented footballer who doesn't give a ****.

gashauskis9

It seems this huddie can do no wrong in some folk's eyes, always the fault of those in front of him.

Imposter, isn't trying a leg for us.

Actually feel sorry for Cathro, think we all fell for this joke.

He'd be fine if there were more options off the ball. Our movement off the ball is shocking.

Then we slow things right down allowing teams to get back into a defensive formation..

We lack urgency.

Sexton Hardcastle

Another new singing to achieve 'kickback bingo'.

Signs, looks ok - he's amazing, chug chug chug

Bad run of form - never liked the *****, levein gtf

LogicalEric

Needs people beside him to do the donkey work and unfortunately for us we have no-one that can supplement. A passenger at the moment.

The massive gamble of chucking in so many players with no experience of Scottish football, mid season is well and truly backfiring.

Not so sure he should be in the bad lad seat tonight

That should be for Johnson

Offered nothing for the midfield to find him

Bikey and Currie offered more than he did all night

He's clearly talented but he's stopping us from attacking. Him and his compatriot just want to pass the ball sideways all game.

How many times did he have 10-20 yds infront but chose a sideways pass?

He constantly shows and wants the ball. The problems lie in front of him where movement is appalling and wide men are non existent

Dallas Green

Bizzarely played better when chucked up front and winning headers to knock down.

Massive mistake for the goal. Should have just cleared it.

He didn't hide away however and tried to look for the ball. I found Avolontis slowed our play more.

He has the ability to pass and look for a return whilst creating space but doesn't want to enough- too much like hard work. But then those around him are no better.

He does some magic here and there but I don't think it's worth it given how much he slows down our play the rest of the time. Same problem with our two centre halves.

I'm starting to think we're better off with Kitchen.

Cruyff Turn

Felt sorry for him after that. Mistakes a mistake, shit happens, then he just about cost us a 2nd but that Schalk lad was offside fortunately for him.

I didn't think he was particularly terrible though.

gashauskis9

Felt sorry for him after that. Mistakes a mistake, shit happens, then he just about cost us a 2nd but that Schalk lad was offside fortunately for him.

I didn't think he was particularly terrible though.

Therein lies the problem. Making excuses for a player who's played at the highest level and who can't raise his game to cope with highland cloggers.

Goal apart he did ok.

Completely disagree he was not okay, he was the poorest on the pitch tonight.

This was pretty much the thread I was thinking as I left. It would have been called Tzilois (another Greek myth)

From what I could see off Cathro on the sidelines he was urging the players to get the ball forward, to be fair to Jack tonight he was getting the ball out sharp but we would then pass it inside to Tzilois who would exchange a couple of short passes look around pass again and then saunter across the pitch while inviting Ross Co on top of us. Ok if you're 1 nil up and your trying to protect things but is a complete hand brake otherwise.

In his defence Cowie & Co were utter mince and offered absolutely nothing Martin made more successful passes in 15 mins than the rest did collectively. 

J.T.F.Robertson

He'd be fine if there were more options off the ball. Our movement off the ball is shocking.

Then we slow things right down allowing teams to get back into a defensive formation..

We lack urgency.

We've been "playing" this way for most of the past two seasons. I often wonder if this regimented, so-called style is what gives the appearance of the players not giving a toss.

Surely we haven't managed to lumber ourselves with an almost complete team of wasters?

Cruyff Turn

Therein lies the problem. Making excuses for a player who's played at the highest level and who can't raise his game to cope with highland cloggers.

I've not made any excuses for him.

gashauskis9

I've not made any excuses for him.

Apart from feeling sorry for him? Maybe I missed the point of the post, apologies chief.

Jambojamie91

He's the root of all problems for us just now, kills all the urgency and needs two or three touches all the time, bench him and put cowie in beside djoum or kitchen in there.

J.T.F.Robertson

How the **** are you still here?

Can anyone seriously be that daft?

He's going through the motions getting himself fit for something else- no interest in HMFC and no desire to go the extra mile,no heart no passion an utter imposter for Hearts. He is the problem and Cathro needs the balls to drop him. We are in free fall and our DoF needs to answer to our recruitment. At this rate we are not only fecked this season but next also , short terms deals will be gone Paterson gone, likely Walker and Nicholson will follow, and Soutar out for most of next season....not looking good. Football dept strategy doesn't exist and contradicts Leveins message in 2014 re planning etc- therefore in truth he has no plan and no idea- easy to blame Cathro

Five to One

The guys brought in all look they're thinking 'what am I doing here'. Martin is so in shock he's started wearing his shorts like Simon Cowell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambo 4 Ever

How the **** are you still here?

I'm entitled to my opinion that I think Ryan Stevenson would offer more than some of our midfielders just now

Cruyff Turn

Apart from feeling sorry for him? Maybe I missed the point of the post, apologies chief.

Nah I can see where you're coming from.

He knew he'd ****ed up. It was a bad mistake.

Luscious Laryea

He constantly shows and wants the ball. The problems lie in front of him where movement is appalling and wide men are non existent

This.

Clearly you are someone who actually understands how a game of football works. We can't expect a defensive midfielder to charge up the park skinning opposition players.

He's basically a budget Xabi Alonso - gulf in class but similar in style. Some of the movement from others is nothing short of pathetic.

Best player on the park IMO apart from the costly mistake.

I agree with you, apart from a couple of times where he got caught he was always available for a pass and always looking for one. Head and shoulders above anyone else in our team.

I actually had him as man of the match.

I clearly know feck all about football.

The Internet

I'm entitled to my opinion that I think Ryan Stevenson would offer more than some of our midfielders just now

Have you even watched him apart from his games against us since he left? Proper drunk football fan in pub chat.

John Findlay

Threads like this make me despair. He is a class act. He is one of those players who makes himself have loads of time on the ball and he never hides. Because he makes himself time. People perceive this as lazy and nothing could be further from the truth.

John Findlay

Threads like this make me despair. He is a class act. He is one of those players who makes himself have loads of time on the ball and he never hides. Because he makes himself time. People perceive this as lazy and nothing could be further from the truth.

Mr Brightside

Goal apart he did ok.

That's my thoughts as well. Took the ball in tight spaces and kept it moving.

When we rely on him to ping 60yard balls then it becomes clear that long passing is not his game.

Mr Brightside

Ryan Stevenson would have been better

Is Ryan Stevenson the new Zeefuik?

Ryan Stevenson is no longer Premier League quality if he ever was.

Guest Barack

I backed him to the hilt when we were linked to him, as his quality isn't in doubt.

He's said himself, he's not a player like savage and LL have said above. If no-one's moving for him, then I'd perhaps expect a bit more self-determination and drive to take the game by the scruff, and having the faith in his own ability.

But, no-one on the team is doing that either. Hope he comes good, obviously there are you guys who watch him live, and are better placed to comment. I just hope by the end of the season, with (hopefully) an upturn in our play and fight, his class will show through again for us, in the same way against Rangers.

Would hate JiH to go dragging up old threads, to try and prove a bookmarked point scoring exercise, made many months ago...

Constantly looking for a forward pass but absolutely nothing in front of him. Djoum and Johnson? Pffft.

He's miles ahead of anything we have and I don't blame him for wondering what the **** he's doing here.

BobbyJenkins

Goal apart he did ok.

The number of times Johnson didn't run, hid behind his man. Our movement off the ball n taking responsibility is totally lacking.

Paterson gives us that, we miss him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beyond awful today. Directly at fault for the winning goal with his casual approach to a ball in the box.

Yes, he's clearly got ability, but his desire to use it seems to wane with every day. I no longer care if this is the fault of his attitude or because Cathro's instructions make no sense to the players.

We actually looked decent for stretches of the first half when the ball was in the County half, but we are so fragile at the back right now.

Was at fault for the goal no doubt, but when he gets the ball there was absolutely no movement in front of him. Bjorn stood beside either centre half all night instead of taking a chance turning and running the channels when we got possession. AlsoTziolis never hides and always shows for the ball unlike Djoum & Cowie when things started going against us.

It's fairly evident he's enjoying 6 months in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe whilst masquerading as the footballer he once was. His legs have clearly gone and seeing out the remainder of his career by jumping around a few clubs. Barely breaks sweat (not in a good way). We should not be playing guys who will not be with us next season. Simple as that.

Archived