France V Holland

Frankenstein Jambo.

who is favourite to win the competition now?

Holland are favourites on Betfair just now.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Can't see anyone beating Holland.

What an amazing game of football. Exactly how the beautifile game should be played

That would be Holland all over. Got a feeling though that Van basten has a team of winners in his team this year.......

Excuse my ignorance but has van basten managed a club side yet. He'll be hot property after this. Hope Vlad's watching:rofl::rofl:

Ibrahim Tall
Excuse my ignorance but has van basten managed a club side yet. He'll be hot property after this. Hope Vlad's watching:rofl::rofl:

He's taken the Ajax job a few month ago, starts on the 1st of July i'm sure.

Hope you're right but don't forget 1974. Best team by a country mile but lost out in the Final, to a dour but solid W Germany.

I knew there was a flaw in my plan;)

The Vulture

What a performance, as for Van Basten, as a player he is a legend, he looks to be going in the right direction as a manager too.

What an amazing game of football. Exactly how the beautifile game should be played

Croatia v Holland would be a cracker of a final, I'm not sure if it can happen though?

Frankenstein Jambo.

The france team today looked like an outdated side today. They where outplayed by a younger, fresher team. France seriously need to look for younger talent if they have any chance of at the world cup.

Why do the expert pundits always blame the defence for goals. Arjen Robben's goal was all about his control and the accuracy and pace of his shot. In real time the goalkeeper had a fraction of a second to save it. Just give him the credit for a great goal.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Croatia v Holland would be a cracker of a final, I'm not sure if it can happen though?

Would be a cracker. I don't know how the seedings would work but you would think Croatia would be among the favourites to win it

Frankenstein Jambo.
Why do the expert pundits always blame the defence for goals. Arjen Robben's goal was all about his control and the accuracy and pace of his shot. In real time the goalkeeper had a fraction of a second to save it. Just give him the credit for a great goal.

They couldn't do anything about it. the pace n the shot was frightning.

portobellojambo1

That was one exceptionally good game of football. Don't think there are any teams there who will live with the Dutch if they keep performing like that.

In the French side I thought Ribery and Evra played well, but apart from those two it looked a shadow of recent French sides, as a team it is coming to the end of its best period I think.

The crucial thing about Van the mans game tonight is the support that he gets from the runners from midfield. He knows that a good touch and creating some space for himiself with give him options to pass very quickly.

Good play from Holland all round.

France had a good last 10, will be interesting to see if they can start the half how they finished.

Totally brother.

The lone striker is all about him holding it for breaking midfielders. Not many strikers get that though, they think "I am on my own, I need to score". RVN set up chances all night.

The best attacking player on the park and one of the few that didn't score.

Would this be a good time to remind others that I have 14/1 for Netherlands and 66/1 if RVN can get his finger oot and start scoring to make up the double! :)

Another good thing about the Netherlands is the defend the goal at all costs attitude.

Irrespective of body part, stop them scoring.

portobellojambo1

He has (I was unaware that was the case, but it was announced by one of the commentators during the game versus Italy).

Gigolo-Aunt
Totally brother.

The lone striker is all about him holding it for breaking midfielders. Not many strikers get that though, they think "I am on my own, I need to score". RVN set up chances all night.

The best attacking player on the park and one of the few that didn't score.

Would this be a good time to remind others that I have 14/1 for Netherlands and 66/1 if RVN can get his finger oot and start scoring to make up the double! :)

Good luck to you. Could not see it before the Championships started, saying that - had not seen a lot of Holland.

Like you say Iain (couple of posts above), If they keep playing like that, going to be some team to stop.

Van Brockhurst was superb as well. In fact, not one negative in the side. Some played better than others, but they all played as a team and done exactly what was asked from their manager.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Who will be second i wonder? I hope romania pull off a shocker against holland

What happens if Romania lose 3-0 and France and Italy draw 0-0?? Who goes through?? Same points,same goals,same goal difference..if I can do my sums

Bindy Badgy
Another good thing about the Netherlands is the defend the goal at all costs attitude.

Irrespective of body part, stop them scoring.

All credit to the dutch boy that threw himself in the way of Henry's shot.

One thing that makes my blood boil is players turning their back on shots. If you don't have the gut to take a shot in the face or the balls you shouldn't be on the pitch.

All credit to the dutch boy that threw himself in the way of Henry's shot.

One thing that makes my blood boil is players turning their back on shots. If you don't have the gut to take a shot in the face or the balls you shouldn't be on the pitch.

Totally agree Stokesy. Defenders are wilting nowadays. We need hard men that do not care about getting hurt.

If Scotland just don't turn up for the WCQs, d'you think we'd get away with a slap on the wrist and a 3-0 defeat?

I'd take that :D

Gigolo-Aunt
If Scotland just don't turn up for the WCQs, d'you think we'd get away with a slap on the wrist and a 3-0 defeat?

I'd take that :D

Anything can happen in football, mate.

We beat the French home and away (the Dutch are a better side, granted)

:o)

The Old Tolbooth

The Dutch performances so far have me drooling!!

Absolutely devastating up front with so many options and contributed to 2 of the best games so far, brilliant!!

What happens if Romania lose 3-0 and France and Italy draw 0-0?? Who goes through?? Same points,same goals,same goal difference..if I can do my sums

it goes down to head to head and if thats not sorted it then it goes to penaltys if its 2 team.

Archived