Tziolis

Watt-Zeefuik

Watt-Zeefuik

Kitchen has certainly been playng poorly.  That doesn't excuse Tziolis disinterested, ponderous performance yesterday.

I'm fairly certain both players are capable of much better than they've shown recently. Is there someone in charge of making sure the right players are on the pitch, they're in the right positions, they know what they're supposed to do, and motivated to do it?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he played well last night. Tried to do things quicker. I think Our problem was the two wide men played badly giving few options ahead of him. Did more than Johnson up front in 5 minutes

Marooned Abroad

I thought he played well last night. Tried to do things quicker. I think Our problem was the two wide men played badly giving few options ahead of him. Did more than Johnson up front in 5 minutes

Agree entirely. You and I were watching the same game, unlike some on here!

The guy is brutal full stop. He won't be here next season gauranteed ..so you few with your eyes painted on you will agree within next game or two.

What a load of garbage I'm reading here from some of you. A guy with over 60 caps for Greece not good enough for the SPL? Get real.....he is a class player who needs to be surrounded by people who complement his skills. Why does he pass sideways....because those in front of him have no idea how to use the channels. Lateral runs into space seem to be missing from the DNA of the players in front of him.....Johnsen being a prime culprit.

We need to build a team round Tziolis, not throw him away because most of the guys he is playing with are not up to it.

Also, weren't many of you calling Martin a load of c**p a week or so. Bin him seemed to be the loud cry. Now after a 15 minute cameo he is the man it seems.

For goodness sake, let's stop making instant judgements. We're going through a nightmare period, but we've been in this position many times before. Take a deep breath and get behind what the current management team is trying to do. If it hasn't worked by the end of the season, by all means then start calling for heads to roll.

'Though we sometimes go down we will aye go back up' - remember that line? That's what supporting the Hearts is all about and it's unlikely to change in the short term future. The Club is being rebuilt by Mrs Budge on solid foundations and I've no doubt that if hard decisions are needed on the playing management side at the appropriate time she will not back away. In my view that time is not now. Keep the faith!

HHGH

Top post

Too many people quick to boo players management anybody at the moment.

Last night guy behind was shouting dogs abuse at Avlonitis for not getting the ball forward, then he finally launches a long pass after unrest from crowd and we lose the ball. The guy behind is going nuts shouting how shit he is.

Watching some of our players last night confidence seems to be shattered. Johnson especially seemed to want to do the simple thing but nothing came off for him. Second half Djoum & Cowie disappeared (again) but it seems to be the new signings that always get the stick.

Time for us as supporters to play our bit and get behind the team as in my opinion were not as bad as some folk on this board would have you believe.

The guy is brutal full stop. He won't be here next season gauranteed ..so you few with your eyes painted on you will agree within next game or two.

You are brutal GAURANTEED :)

Getintaethem

Not really surprising he's not up to speed yet given he's played so few games before signing. Had some poor moments against county but also never hid and suffered from a lack of movement ahead of him. Still think he'd be a great signing once he adjusts to the style of football over here. Also think he suffers from playing in a three man midfield where he is asked to play too deep. 4-4-2 with mobile strikers would see the best of him.

Dallas Green

Kitchen has certainly been playng poorly. That doesn't excuse Tziolis disinterested, ponderous performance yesterday.

I'm fairly certain both players are capable of much better than they've shown recently. Is there someone in charge of making sure the right players are on the pitch, they're in the right positions, they know what they're supposed to do, and motivated to do it?

I can only assume you watched the game on Hearts TV to call him disinterested.

If you were at the game you would see his work off the ball. He was no where near disinterested.

Marooned Abroad

Not really surprising he's not up to speed yet given he's played so few games before signing. Had some poor moments against county but also never hid and suffered from a lack of movement ahead of him. Still think he'd be a great signing once he adjusts to the style of football over here. Also think he suffers from playing in a three man midfield where he is asked to play too deep. 4-4-2 with mobile strikers would see the best of him.

Cheers mate. Agree entirely. Strikers who just stand and wait for the ball to be delivered to feet are meat and drink to big hard SPL defenders. Stuck a pin in Johnsen's a**e and get him moving the big buddies around. Then we might se some space being created for the runners. It's not rocket science......but for goodness sake get off Tziolis's back. He's exactly the 'foot in the ball' player we've been crying out for for ages. Get the right players round him doing the right things and he'll become a hero!

Marooned Abroad

Top post

Too many people quick to boo players management anybody at the moment.

Last night guy behind was shouting dogs abuse at Avlonitis for not getting the ball forward, then he finally launches a long pass after unrest from crowd and we lose the ball. The guy behind is going nuts shouting how shit he is.

Watching some of our players last night confidence seems to be shattered. Johnson especially seemed to want to do the simple thing but nothing came off for him. Second half Djoum & Cowie disappeared (again) but it seems to be the new signings that always get the stick.

Time for us as supporters to play our bit and get behind the team as in my opinion were not as bad as some folk on this board would have you believe.

Cheers mate! Next time I get over to a game can I sit beside you far away from the guy behind you as I might want to stick one on him, even at my advanced age!!!!!!

Marooned Abroad

If you were at the game you would see his work off the ball. He was no where near disinterested.

Maybe Ugly American was watching a different game from us?

jack D and coke

Another new singing to achieve 'kickback bingo'.

Signs, looks ok - he's amazing, chug chug chug

Bad run of form - never liked the *****, levein gtf

^^^This.

Tbf I don't go along with the lack of effort from Tziolis I agree with other posters there are zero options in front of him. He shows all the time and has lots of possession it's the time we take to move forward that is the problem imo. It's so slow that there isn't anything for him to really pick out.

maroonnicky63

What a load of garbage I'm reading here from some of you. A guy with over 60 caps for Greece not good enough for the SPL? Get real.....he is a class player who needs to be surrounded by people who complement his skills. Why does he pass sideways....because those in front of him have no idea how to use the channels. Lateral runs into space seem to be missing from the DNA of the players in front of him.....Johnsen being a prime culprit.

We need to build a team round Tziolis, not throw him away because most of the guys he is playing with are not up to it.

Also, weren't many of you calling Martin a load of c**p a week or so. Bin him seemed to be the loud cry. Now after a 15 minute cameo he is the man it seems.

For goodness sake, let's stop making instant judgements. We're going through a nightmare period, but we've been in this position many times before. Take a deep breath and get behind what the current management team is trying to do. If it hasn't worked by the end of the season, by all means then start calling for heads to roll.

'Though we sometimes go down we will aye go back up' - remember that line? That's what supporting the Hearts is all about and it's unlikely to change in the short term future. The Club is being rebuilt by Mrs Budge on solid foundations and I've no doubt that if hard decisions are needed on the playing management side at the appropriate time she will not back away. In my view that time is not now. Keep the faith!

HHGH

I think he is a good player no doubt but your point of the movement of players is garbage when he had the ball at times the forward pass was on and he chose either a side ways pass or a backward pass so that is totally untrue but I do agree he is a very good player , all the defensive players were negative against Ross County and the supply to the midfield and forward was awful

Mr Brightside

Who painted your eyes on for you. If you think he is brutal then I think football is not for you.

john brownlee

Give him a break it's hard to find a pass if all your forward team mates are man marked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Give him a break it's hard to find a pass if all your forward team mates are man marked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So they should be moving all the time onto space and if the man moves with them then somebody from another position should make the run into that space ... absolute school boy stuff.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He will be gone, not providing VFM. Nice player, but a luxury for us. Sad when I am now looking for Kitchen to be reinstated along with Cowie. It has to be back to those who started against Rangers for Hamilton, with high energy, pressing onto them at every opportunity. Hamilton could not cope with Aberdeen doing this, they had the miracle of keeping the ball out of the net in that game, but unlikely that they could ride their luck similarly. We need to burst our balls though, not try and be patient

Watt-Zeefuik

This is entirely possible.  I was watching the stream so I could only see what he was doing when the ball was near him.

He gave the ball away a couple of times, unluckily one led to a goal.

The rest of the game he was constantly looking for the ball and trying to make things happen.

Probably our best player on the night.

As soon as Martin came on, he would try and get the ball to him to get us forward. 

Sam, Cowie and Choulay never had their best games for us, so that removed 3 forward options.  Djoum wasn't up to much either.   That changed when Currie came on and we looked far better going forward.

He is like a quarterback.  He can't really do much if there is no forward pass on.  He could lump it forward to Johnsen, but he is crap in the air and can't hold the ball up.  A few times he was forced to run with the ball as there was nothing else on.  He doesn't look like that kind of player.

Getting boring now...

Nothing wrong with asking why

Is there not?

Archived