What should our target be?

gazmo

Realistically, given the quality of managerial candidate being discussed and "rumours" about player departures etc, what position do you think we'll finish next season?

I'm going for an optimistic 5th.

I'm really not sure. It depends on a lot of things that need/need not to happen.

A lot of people say that it can't get much worse. IMO, they couldn't be further from the truth.

200milesfromgorgie

UEFA cup should be Hearts first target every season, anything less is not good enough.

I can't seem to amend the title - should be about prediction rather than target. How do I do that?

Dirk Diggler
Realistically, given the quality of managerial candidate being discussed and "rumours" about player departures etc, what position do you think we'll finish next season?

I'm going for an optimistic 5th.

Realistically, How on earth can anyone answer until any appointment is made and any players have left or have been brought to the club?

UEFA cup should be Hearts first target every season, anything less is not good enough.

Scotland has two massive clubs (the bigot brothers - average gate 45-60K), three decent sized clubs (ourselves, Hibs and Aberdeen - average gate 12-17K) and several smaller clubs (average gate maximum 8K). Next season there will be 2 Champions League places and 3 UEFA Cup places up for grabs. I think expectations for each club are clearly defined.

Dirk Diggler
Scotland has two massive clubs (the bigot brothers - average gate 45-60K), three decent sized clubs (ourselves, Hibs and Aberdeen - average gate 12-17K) and several smaller clubs (average gate maximum 8K). Next season there will be 2 Champions League places and 3 UEFA Cup places up for grabs. I think expectations for each club are clearly defined.

The OP's thread title is wrong though.

I'd agree with you in what you say however the OP is wanting us to predict where we will finish based on the rumours of players leaving and who is on the managers shortlist.

A nonsense imo.

The OP's thread title is wrong though.

I'd agree with you in what you say however the OP is wanting us to predict where we will finish based on the rumours of players leaving and who is on the managers shortlist.

A nonsense imo.

Yes, the title doesn't match the post content. I've answered the thread title, I'll save predictions until August.

1st in the league.

Winners of the scottish cup.

Winners of the Diddy cup.

FTOF

FTH

This should always be our target but too many players etc have the mind-set that we can only finish 3rd at best.

Impossible to say at present without knowing who will be in the team next year, but realistically we should always aim to finish in the top 4 (preferably 3rd) and aim to get to at least one cup semi-final.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Given our awful season last year, the structure of the club, no manager (yet) no signings (yet) I would say a top six finish would at least be an improvement from last year.

If we can get the right manager in (billy davies) and a few good signings (Ross McCormack, Noel hunt, Russel Anderson and Mark Renolds) then we could challege for 1rst or second place.

alwaysthereinspirit
I'm really not sure. It depends on a lot of things that need/need not to happen.

A lot of people say that it can't get much worse. IMO, they couldn't be further from the truth.

Anyone that believes we've reached rock bottom is dillusional. Mad could get us way lower if he wants.

He could also help in getting us turned in the opposite direction if he really wanted to.

Given our awful season last year, the structure of the club, no manager (yet) no signings (yet) I would say a top six finish would at least be an improvement from last year.

If we can get the right manager in (billy davies) and a few good signings (Ross McCormack, Noel hunt, Russel Anderson and Mark Renolds) then we could challege for 1rst or second place.

I'll have some of what you are on:wacko:

I think 3rd should always be the target.

I think 1st should always be the target, especially at the start of the season, don't let the bigot brothers win it without kicking a ball...although I'd be happy with 3rd. :o

Archived