Cathro's after-match comments (read here)

Gorgie grouch

Gorgie grouch

After the first Hibs match, he told us we'd be much better and not to worry; he was wrong.

After the replay, he told us the performance was not acceptable and those who did not play for the jersey would be binned; he then played about eight of them today.

Today he promised us passion and we got none.

After-match, he said the Partick performance was "not acceptable (see quotes, below, taken from BBC website).

He just talks utter BS.

From BBC after today: "Ultimately it is an unacceptable result for this football club, and lots of the performance was in the same category. We suffered the [loss of a] goal early on through simple, simple individual defending things that we need to do better.

"Nobody [here] is in the best moment of their lives. It has been a bad week for this club.

"We have the responsibility to improve those things and everybody in these moments has to look inside themselves and find more, find strength and we have to stay focused together and deal with what we have to deal with.

"We must move forward very, very quickly."

He's spot on tbh. Just need more games like Killie, Rangers and Motherwell and less like Hibs and Celtic. Needs more time.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Aye move quickly. And get you the **** out of Tynecastle!

Worse manager than Oshinawa is a footballer.

fabienleclerq

How's it BS? He's spot on, you can call him out for not fixing it if you like but everything he says is true.

He's absolutely right and to be honest when Sowah came into the club he came in as a left back who could play centre half. That was stated when he arrived.

His individual error which was nothing to do with Cathro lost us an early goal which probably blew what confidence we had because we started reasonably well.

Doesn't matter if he was playing as a striker the ****ing ball boy could have made a better job of that header.

Then Isma loses the plot and gets a stupid booking followed by another stupid booking and from there we were pretty much humped.

I want him to be a success...I really do...but...

Never did I think I could be as bored to tears and disinterested in the words offered by our head coach as much as Neilsons pissed me off and ultimately made me stop listening...

But Cathro is seemingly on a diff level to our Robbie in this regard...

God wake me up from this Jambo on field nightmare!! :'(

Malinga the Swinga

It's like English is his third language.

Cringe listening to him.

You can criticise his tactics, criticise his selections or criticise his subs, but there isn't anything wrong with that statement. We have enough crap to deal with without looking to make things up.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

He's spot on tbh. Just need more games like Killie, Rangers and Motherwell and less like Hibs and Celtic. Needs more time.

You at the last 2 games? Clueless tactic-less and can't motivate his players. Can take a decent group of players and make them look pony.

Can you tell me one reason why you think Cathro will be a good manager?

Jambof3tornado

Thistle today like hibs had players fighting for each other.

We have 11 strangers on the park who dont give a **** about each other.

Elias Henry Furst

We suffered the [loss of a] goal early on through simple, simple individual defending things that we need to do better.

Maybe playing a player better suited to centre half would have helped?

I can't get my head around the decision to play Sowah at centre half instead of dropping Nowak back in there and playing Kitchen.

I get there's an issue between kitchen and the management and I get that he was poor on Wednesday.

Sowah was as well though, and that was in his favoured position.

As soon as Hughes wasn't available there was only one obvious move.

For whatever reason, it wasn't made.

Why goncalves wasn't hooked 10 minutes after his yellow card is a mystery to me .... Even my dog could see the guy was going to get his marching orders .......... This alone shows me the inexperience of the management

As many have said talk is cheap. He is saying the right things in his own weird way but it's his actions that are really starting to worry me.

That team selection today was baffling to say the least. It actually reminded me when Levein himself used to play players out of position when he was the manager. The players don't look like they know what they are meant to be doing.

After the first Hibs match, he told us we'd be much better and not to worry; he was wrong.

After the replay, he told us the performance was not acceptable and those who did not play for the jersey would be binned; he then played about eight of them today.

Today he promised us passion and we got none.

After-match, he said the Partick performance was "not acceptable (see quotes, below, taken from BBC website).

He just talks utter BS.

From BBC after today: "Ultimately it is an unacceptable result for this football club, and lots of the performance was in the same category. We suffered the [loss of a] goal early on through simple, simple individual defending things that we need to do better.

"Nobody [here] is in the best moment of their lives. It has been a bad week for this club.

"We have the responsibility to improve those things and everybody in these moments has to look inside themselves and find more, find strength and we have to stay focused together and deal with what we have to deal with.

"We must move forward very, very quickly."

What are you seeing that I'm not?

You can criticise his tactics, criticise his selections or criticise his subs, but there isn't anything wrong with that statement. We have enough crap to deal with without looking to make things up.

The fact that the BBC had to add words to make it read sensibly would suggest I'm not making things up.

Thanks for allowing me to criticise everything else though.

Malinga the Swinga

We suffered the [loss of a] goal early on through simple, simple individual defending things that we need to do better.

Maybe playing a player better suited to centre half would have helped?

I can't get my head around the decision to play Sowah at centre half instead of dropping Nowak back in there and playing Kitchen.

I get there's an issue between kitchen and the management and I get that he was poor on Wednesday.

Sowah was as well though, and that was in his favoured position.

As soon as Hughes wasn't available there was only one obvious move.

For whatever reason, it wasn't made.

Indeed, a very strange decision. Since we beat Sevco, we haven't started with the same eleven. Now, we have had injuries, but Nowak was doing well and then he is dropped, and being honest, Sowah has never looked like a centre half since he has been here.

You at the last 2 games? Clueless tactic-less and can't motivate his players. Can take a decent group of players and make them look pony.

Not there today but watched the Hibs game. Was at the Rangers and Motherwell games and also Inverness.

Our form has been up and down with him in charge.

The thread is about his post match comments. They are bang on the cash. The last two results have been shit though.

I'm just not an angry lunatic.

The guy is a complete bore and to play like that today after Wednesday is beyond belief.

No fight, no passion, absolutely nothing from these players who are embarrassing that maroon jersey.

Cathro couldn't motivate a sh**e to come out of his own arse

Why goncalves wasn't hooked 10 minutes after his yellow card is a mystery to me .... Even my dog could see the guy was going to get his marching orders .......... This alone shows me the inexperience of the management

We all know the management is inexperienced. 

The fact that the BBC had to add words to make it read sensibly would suggest I'm not making things up.

Thanks for allowing me to criticise everything else though.

Even without the words added the comments are easily understood. There's nothing wrong with his comments. Those are the least of our worries at the moment.

Don't give a deck what he says after games. It's what he does before and during.. on that he is failing. Experiment failing...

He is: determined, focused, i am guessing hard working, has been involved with coaching for many years.

Just heard his interview on the radio and he sounded like one of those hilarious Joey Barton or Steve McLaren interviews from their time overseas. Is English Cathro's first language???

Even without the words added the comments are easily understood. There's nothing wrong with his comments. Those are the least of our worries at the moment.

OK. That's me told.

glastonbury jambo

He is digging into a hole , he has lost the dressing room.

Levein will be standing behind him to support him in the dressing room.

Gorgie grouch

His comments are worthless because he rightly criticises but promises better, yet better never comes. For how long is 'unacceptable' acceptable?

It's like English is his third language.

Cringe listening to him.[/quote

Maybe you can't understand him because English is your 3rd language ? Pretty clear what he's saying.

A_A wehatethehibs

Slow motion train wreck. Completely out of his depth. Hearts Pat Fenlon.

He will be gone within a month.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

He is: determined, focused, i am guessing hard working, has been involved with coaching for many years.

Good coach? Probably. Leader of People? Not a chance in hell.

August Landmesser

Exactly. We're not shite, we're just hugely inconsistent. Which is understandable considering we've nine new players - several of whom are nowhere near ready for Scottish futba, a different player out injured every week, and a new head coach implementing new systems.

I don't see much wrong with his interviews. He's already said he doesn't much enjoy the media/PR side of the job. I don't blame him for that.

My pants remain dry.

GorgieRules22

The club on footballing matters is so disjointed it's untrue. Ann Budge has the club thriving off the park while Levein,Cathro and the players are letting everyone down. Another toothless performance.

It will be the same on Wednesday night with us missing Isma and no doubt Walker....more dross.

Captain Canada

It's hard to win matches with an awful midfield. They're poor going forward and don't help enough defensively.

We've also managed to turn Goncalves into a poor player and frustrated the hell out of him at the same time.

Exactly this, I don't normally start preaching to fellow fans around me but I was telling anyone who'd listen Cathro has to remove Goncalvez or he's off....surely McPhee who is his guide and mentor would have seen this that alone was absolutely mystifying...

He is digging into a hole , he has lost the dressing room.

Levein will be standing behind him to support him in the dressing room.

That's at least the 3rd time you have said this. He hasnt lost the dressing room so stop talking complete baws. You are desperate to drive a divide between the fans and the management. Only a c0ckwomble would do this when we are clearly in need of support and not derision. 

Archived