Time We Heard From Levein..

Section Q

Over the last three months we've had a couple decent results and the games we haven't won have been as much down to poor performances on our part rather than being over run by opponents. Wednesday's derby was a combination of both. Cathro might have impressed a lot of people with his potential but his interviews have come accross as naive and after the first Raith game maybe even bizarre. I think we all know Levein has a much bigger role than DoF, and aside from the financial and commercial running of things, the club is basically his. When new players arrive we get the over hyped press releases about how lucky we are to capture such players, but when they're quietly shown the door, no one seems responsible for signing these geniuses. Every player we sign whether it's Reilly or Oshiniwa or Anderson costs money. I think it's time we heard something from Levein. Supporters are genuinely concerned. If we can't manage a win today then I would rather hear something from Levein at the post match interview instead of another apology from Cathro.

We_are_the_Hearts

Levein and Cathro have had a severe dressing down from Ann. Our Ann cares more than some of the armchair fans on here

Apparently left the Directors box after the 3rd on Wednesday.

To go where? I heard he was in the changing room at half time .not sure if true but heard it from few people

Levein and Cathro have had a severe dressing down from Ann. Our Ann cares more than some of the armchair fans on here

Is that a fact ? Genuinely asking

I have no idea, so would be interested to know.

I do hope so. Perhaps it explains Cathro's later comments.

I have no idea, so would be interested to know.

I do hope so. Perhaps it explains Cathro's later comments.

We should be hearing from the kitman as well!

Jambof3tornado

Thats coz unlike many on here Ann actually attends games(not aimed at our overseas fans).

On what basis ? What were the points she raised as being of concern ?

kingantti1874

On what basis ? What were the points she raised as being of concern ?

Hopefully, stop buying and fielding gutless mercenaries..

Hopefully, stop buying and fielding gutless mercenaries..

To which there answer should have been. 'Make more money available for guid Scottish laddies then and we wouldn't have to shop on the cheap shelves'

I'm a massive fan of craig, but Not sure about his job in this capacity. would prefer he was in the dugout.

Preferably someone else's dugout...

The kitman should be too busy removing the badge from their jerseys.

Given the lack of effort, he certainly will have time on his hands, as he won't need to wash them.

Seymour M Hersh

Would it matter to some what he said?  Fans demanded to hear from and get apologies from head coach and players but when the did just that it wasn't enough. He's damned if he does and damned if he does not.

Would it matter to some what he said? Fans demanded to hear from and get apologies from head coach and players but when the did just that it wasn't enough. He's damned if he does and damned if he does not.

Correct. There is no way to recover form the spineless displays they put on against our rivals. Could start by ripping the armband off perry kitchen and ramming it up his arse.

We_are_the_Hearts

Fact. It went on for a while and both were left knowing Wednesday was unacceptable. There was a club funeral yday and a lot of folk looked like they were hurting, Levein included. No hiding place for these players now but again it's too late

Seymour M Hersh

Fact. It went on for a while and both were left knowing Wednesday was unacceptable. There was a club funeral yday and a lot of folk looked like they were hurting, Levein included. No hiding place for these players now but again it's too late

I'm glad she did that. 

How do you know this if you don't mind me asking?

Generally thst type of conversation would be quite private.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I really want to believe this. I wonder if she blames our manager and DOF. After all it's their fault the team is filled with jokers.

Load of shite #573.

Hope your load of sh1te remark is referring to our effort the other night. I stayed until the end and sadly can't remember a more dismal effort by a

Hearts team. The fact that no one at the club could raise the players for our most important game of the season was bad enough but listening to Cathro deliver yet another apology was equally disheartening. We didn't have a leader on the park on Wednesday whereas Hibs fielded eleven of them. Kitchen isn't a captain and we don't even have a penalty taker despite reading all that p1sh about McPhee and his technology and algorithms for working out a team's best penalty takers.

Fans need reassurances on how the club's being run and Cathro is unconvincing despite his ability to string a few words together. The club must sense the discontentment of the support. We've been down this road before, only this time we're contributing one and a half million quid annually. Levein is a Hearts man that's not in dispute but his ability to do his job as DoF is.

I hope what you say is true, but can't really say looking glum at a funeral is evidence that it did.

I would imagine that there is post match meetings after every game (usually is at clubs) and it wouldn't of been high fives so I would imagine a few harsh words would be said.

Certainly if I performed my job as the 11 did last Wednesday I'd be getting a dressing down , and the head coach would be included.

We_are_the_Hearts

How do you know this if you don't mind me asking?

Generally thst type of conversation would be quite private.

Can't say on here I'm afraid but Ann was and is still furious.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Can't say on here I'm afraid but Ann was and is still furious.

she probably realises that the complete shambles of a football dept is massively compromising all the good work

the non-footballing side will be hectic enough at the moment without having to micro-manage the absolute losers in the football dept

she probably realises that the complete shambles of a football dept is massively compromising all the good work

the non-footballing side will be hectic enough at the moment without having to micro-manage the absolute losers in the football dept

Hope it's true and if so quite right !! As, she is Jambo, she owns the club and has to represent the fans too as well as look out for the business. She's doing her bit, the fans doing there's, the football dept isn't and hasn't all season so Levein certainly needs reminding of who his boss is and that his job is no coushy number and IC would be there to shudder and be thankful he was not a lone in the dressing down !! So hope it's true and she kicked their balls - metaphorically speaking !!

The thing is, CL cannot be sacked, if that is want we, or Ann wanted. He is a member of the Board, so would have to resign or be voted off at the next AGM, or any EGM, if one was called.

His job should never have been made a Director's job. I don't think many DoFs are also Directors of the actual club.

He needs to take account of this shambles and let the fans know the signing policy will be adjusted to reflect that going forward.

IMO The problem is the players and cathro's inexperiance. The difference is that cathro will get better as time goes by, these clowns won't.

Honestly at this point I'm ready to bin Cathro and put Levein on the sidelines to manage for the rest of the season.

I am not one to panic easily but this is the stuff of relegation right now.

The thing is, CL cannot be sacked, if that is want we, or Ann wanted. He is a member of the Board, so would have to resign or be voted off at the next AGM, or any EGM, if one was called.

His job should never have been made a Director's job. I don't think many DoFs are also Directors of the actual club.

He doesn't get to cling on to the Boardroom table by his fingertips shouting you can't sack me I'm a Director!

If Ann Budget wants him out he goes. Hopefully soon.

He doesn't get to cling on to the Boardroom table by his fingertips shouting you can't sack me I'm a Director!

If Ann Budget wants him out he goes. Hopefully soon.

He doesn't. The shareholders have to vote him off, if he doesn't resign. Budge alone does not have the power to kick out Directors.

He doesn't. The shareholders have to vote him off, if he doesn't resign. Budge alone does not have the power to kick out Directors.

He would be given an offer he couldn't refuse. The legal niceties would then be covered by his resignation. If Budge wants him out he would be out.

He would be given an offer he couldn't refuse. The legal niceties would then be covered by his resignation. If Budge wants him out he would be out.

He'd have to agree to the offer though. As would the shareholders.

A_A wehatethehibs

I expect the next time we will hear from Levein or the club on this it will be with the "the club 100% backs the manager" statement of death.

Cathro is doomed for me.

Malinga the Swinga

No wonder he can't make a statement to the supporters, he is to busy overseeing training, propping up Cathro before, during and after games, and speaking to the players.

I can't believe the number of posters who think Levein would solve things. Levein IS the problem. Has been from day one. Even in the championship season we had 2 abysmal displays at Easter Rd. Last season the same rumours about him appearing in the dressing room surfaced. Nothing has changed since Neilson was in charge. The structure is the problem as players can't understand why they take instructions from a Head Coach only to find someone else with a goatee beard coming in to lay down the law at HT, allegedly! Because I'm not ITK. Something obviously happened at Easter Road that unsettled the players. Budge should punt Levein upstairs and let Cathro & Macphee get on with it. The players seem to me to be confused as to who is in charge

Hearts fans are starting to sound abit like the Huns..

So much negativity around the club just now. I can only remember 2 games this season I've seen 'hearts fans' get behind the team winning or losing we're supposed to get behind the team! But we don't! There's financial support but nothing else coming from the fans.

Seriously cringe reading through this recently.

Let them do there jobs and we'll do ours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe the number of posters who think Levein would solve things. Levein IS the problem. Has been from day one. Even in the championship season we had 2 abysmal displays at Easter Rd. Last season the same rumours about him appearing in the dressing room surfaced. Nothing has changed since Neilson was in charge. The structure is the problem as players can't understand why they take instructions from a Head Coach only to find someone else with a goatee beard coming in to lay down the law at HT, allegedly! Because I'm not ITK. Something obviously happened at Easter Road that unsettled the players. Budge should punt Levein upstairs and let Cathro & Macphee get on with it. The players seem to me to be confused as to who is in charge

Wrong forum to post this, Levein can do NO WRONG on JKB.

Archived