Animal cruelty.

kannymann1

21 hours ago, Bauld said:

I see no difference between cruelty to animals and cruelty to children (or adults) and the punishments should be no different.

Anyone who is content harming an innocent animal should be locked away from society.

I don't see why people should be regarded as more Important than animals. We're nothing but a plague on this earth. Killing more species every year. The sooner this planet finds an effective way of thinning us out the better.

I'd put money on the fact that if push came to shove, we all find humans more important than animals. It's a nasty fact of life. 

If you were forced to kill either an animal or a person, you'd pick the animal. 

Edited by Normthebarman

10 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I'd put money on the fact that if push came to shove, we all find humans more important than animals. It's a nasty fact of life. 

Not me. I'd kill myself.

2 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

If you put my labradors and yourself in front of me and handed me a gun.....

I would hope you said a nice goodbye beforehand.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

If you put my labradors and yourself in front of me and handed me a gun.....

I would hope you said a nice goodbye beforehand.

Heh! I kind of asked for that. Hell, I'd probably shoot me too. 

However, if it was a random animal you'd never met and a random person you'd never met, come on, you'd shoot the person? I don't think you would. 

47 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Heh! I kind of asked for that. Hell, I'd probably shoot me too. 

However, if it was a random animal you'd never met and a random person you'd never met, come on, you'd shoot the person? I don't think you would. 

I shoot the person and blame it on the animal. :whistling:

9 hours ago, Smack said:

Surely a question of size and societal value.

Biggest thing I've deliberately hunted and killed is a moth, but I accidentally ran over a rabbit once. Got over both quite quickly (or did I hence this citation? ).

Ladybirds are off limits. Bees no, wasps aye. Every step you take you're probably maiming or killing some sort of organism. 

OK, but what is your opinion on killing animals for entertainment or 'sport'.

On 13/06/2008 at 23:37, Seats said:

aye ok, i'm sure fritzl kept a gerbil in his cellar for 24 years before he decided to try it for real :rolleyes:

so they are now starting "their bloodthirsty spree" by picking on animals? Think you are either reading too much James Patterson or you're a wee bit of a drama queen :bravo:

Read any criminology study and you will find there is a definite link between cruelty to animals as an early sign of sociopathy/psychopathy. Any **** that thinks it's cool to shoot a dog or cat is no better than a paedophile in my book

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Not on really, but depends on size again. Doubt I'd be offended by a mass attended fly swatting competition. I suppose in that scenario the fly has a fair chance and maybe that's what it comes down to. 

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

People like Michael Vicks are the scum of the earth.

I have no quarrel with people who hunt for food. But people who shoot Lions or Grizzlies from distance, well... hopefully they meet one whilst being unarmed.

If you feel like hunting big animals like cats and bears take it on with a your bare hands. Otherwise leave them alone, majestic creatures killed from distance by twats.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

If you feel like hunting big animals like cats and bears take it on with your bare hands. Otherwise leave them alone, majestic creatures killed from distance by twats.

This is pretty much how I feel about bullfighting.

35 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Is it bad that I cheer when the bull gets a punch in. Especially that bull run thing. Hate it. But I'm also angry at these farmers/Lairds over here, killing birds of prey.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Didn't think that shite went on where you are.

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Is it bad that I cheer when the bull gets a punch in. Especially that bull run thing. Hate it. But I'm also angry at these farmers/Lairds over here, killing birds of prey.

Not bad at all. 👍

The bull goes into that ring with virtually no chance of winning.  It’s not a ‘sport’ , it’s just plain killing for the fun of it.

Some feckin fun.  :sad: 

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Didn't think that shite went on where you are.

No, no it doesn’t.

But, we’ve been to Spain many times and lived there for a spell, and find the whole thing pretty horrific.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Not bad at all. 👍

The bull goes into that ring with virtually no chance of winning.  It’s not a ‘sport’ , it’s just plain killing for the fun of it.

Some feckin fun.  :sad: 

I suppose it's cultural. Fox hunting is shameful too. Sometimes I hate humans, but then I watch faith in humanity on YouTube and I'm not afraid to say it, cry with joy, at some of the bravest human beings actions.

Just now, ri Alban said:

I suppose it's cultural. Fox hunting is shameful too. Sometimes I hate humans, but then I watch faith in humanity on YouTube and I'm not afraid to say it, cry with joy, at some of the bravest human beings actions.

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

No, no it doesn’t.

But, we’ve been to Spain many times and lived there for a spell, and find the whole thing pretty horrific.

I've seen the bull run and love it  when someone gets trampled or spiked by a horn. 

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

I've seen the bull run and love it  when someone gets trampled or spiked by a horn. 

Wee Mike Bushell please!!! :D

I actually like him.