Animal cruelty.

kannymann1

Anyone else horrified at the upsurge in cruelty to our animals currently? Lately I've read about cats getting shot with air rifles/guns, dogs getting kicked to death (or to within an inch of their lives), rabbits/rodents being used as live bait for dogs etc. etc. etc.

I know I might sound a bit off here, but I wish I had a fekken gun...........

Anyone else horrified at the upsurge in cruelty to our animals currently? Lately I've read about cats getting shot with air rifles/guns, dogs getting kicked to death (or to within an inch of their lives), rabbits/rodents being used as live bait for dogs etc. etc. etc.

If you feel you're missing out you could just throw stones at pigeons or try making a catapult out of a stick and some knicker elastic.

If you feel you're missing out you could just throw stones at pigeons or try making a catapult out of a stick and some knicker elastic.

Heh Heh! I'll remember that Doc!

Bit o' a naff post anyhoo! I just like animals and would gladly turn executioner if any o' these ned perpetrators were caught: speshully wi' a green n' white top on!!!

The People's Chimp

It is horrific. the law has to be changed to punich these offenders. I even heard an example of a guide dog made to sit and watch an entire season at easter road. Personally, i'd throw away the key.

Have you any evidence to suggest that there has indeed been an 'upsurge' in such things? Interested to see the figures.

nope, couldn't give a *****.

You think its allright to be cruel to animals?

People pick on animals because there is less chance of getting caught and if they are caught the penalties are a joke. They would just as soon pick on people if they thought they could get away with it. If these monsters were nailed at the very outset of their offending there would be less violent crime IMO.

To say you couln't give a toss makes you as bad as the criminals.

The Comedian

People pick on animals because there is less chance of getting caught and if they are caught the penalties are a joke. They would just as soon pick on people if they thought they could get away with it. If these monsters were nailed at the very outset of their offending there would be less violent crime IMO.

Edit"!

Have you any evidence to suggest that there has indeed been an 'upsurge' in such things? Interested to see the figures.

There are no figures available.

However, 2 large animal welfare groups have been on the radio stating this as a fact.

They are outraged apparently.

It's on the rise.

I'm as bad as these criminals? you haven't a clue have you? The op asked if I was horrified, I can honestly say I don't give a damn - there are far worse things going on in the world for me to be bothered about this sort of stuff. Children being abused/killed/stabbed/shot every day of the week, you think I give a flying **** about some badly treated donkeys/dugs/cats/goldfish? get a grip.

Jam Tarts 1874

There are some figures available from the Scottish SPCA. The basic facts show that incidents are on the increase.

In 2005 the SPCA attended 30,033 incidents, it was 31,751 in 2006 and 32,937 in 2007.

20 individuals were fined by the courts in 2005, 40 in 2006 and 42 in 2007.

There were 13 banning orders in 2005, 20 in 2006 and 26 in 2007.

I get the SPCA newsletters and annual reviews, the cruelty involved in these cases is beyond belief. So many defenceless animals suffer excrutiating pain and torture. It seems we are a long way from having the tougher sentencing required.

Jam Tarts 1874
I'm as bad as these criminals? you haven't a clue have you? The op asked if I was horrified, I can honestly say I don't give a damn - there are far worse things going on in the world for me to be bothered about this sort of stuff. Children being abused/killed/stabbed/shot every day of the week, you think I give a flying **** about some badly treated donkeys/dugs/cats/goldfish? get a grip.

Here is a newsflash for you. Some people are capable of having compassion for all God's creatures. Caring about the way animals are abused does not mean that I do not care about humans. Maybe you are unfortunate in that you have a limitation on your compassion and maybe I am lucky that I don't.

Here is a newsflash for you. Some people are capable of having compassion for all God's creatures. Caring about the way animals are abused does not mean that I do not care about humans. Maybe you are unfortunate in that you have a limitation on your compassion and maybe I am lucky that I don't.

Congratulations on your compassion - you go enjoy huggin some trees :)

Yes and the folk behind the shootings,stabbings and abuse of children more than likely started off their bloodthirsty spree by picking on animals and then getting brave enough to start on humans.They more than likely had parents who couldn't give a flying ****. I dont think I am the one who needs to get a grip.

There are some figures available from the Scottish SPCA. The basic facts show that incidents are on the increase.

In 2005 the SPCA attended 30,033 incidents, it was 31,751 in 2006 and 32,937 in 2007.

20 individuals were fined by the courts in 2005, 40 in 2006 and 42 in 2007.

There were 13 banning orders in 2005, 20 in 2006 and 26 in 2007.

I get the SPCA newsletters and annual reviews, the cruelty involved in these cases is beyond belief. So many defenceless animals suffer excrutiating pain and torture. It seems we are a long way from having the tougher sentencing required.

Probably roughly the same amount of calls the social work/police attended in relation to children.

Probably roughly the same amount of calls the social work/police attended in relation to children.

And probably the same people in a lot of cases.

Yes and the folk behind the shootings,stabbings and abuse of children more than likely started off their bloodthirsty spree by picking on animals and then getting brave enough to start on humans.They more than likely had parents who couldn't give a flying ****. I dont think I am the one who needs to get a grip.

aye ok, i'm sure fritzl kept a gerbil in his cellar for 24 years before he decided to try it for real :rolleyes:

so they are now starting "their bloodthirsty spree" by picking on animals? Think you are either reading too much James Patterson or you're a wee bit of a drama queen :bravo:

I really can`t understand people who are unkind to animals, l have 3 cats the now and a dog the oldest cat being 17, aye they get on your boobies at times but they part of the family, l went out tonight to save our youngest cat from getting killed on the road mades me sad l really don`t care twhat people think, l got her thinking my other cat was dead , hey she turned up after 5 weeks locked in a shed , oh boy they hate each other

Why? Do you want to go and shoot some cats??

Dix Handley
It is horrific. the law has to be changed to punich these offenders. I even heard an example of a guide dog made to sit and watch an entire season at easter road. Personally, i'd throw away the key.

Thats the most inhumane thing ive ever heard!:omg:

Didnt the RSPCA come and rescue it?...Like they do in the adverts?

• 11 years later...

Animals are living creatures like us. Difference is humans contain a lot of bad attitude

Pick on someone who won't fight back....of course that's how hardmen get their confidence when young. Pick on animal cos you can...of course cos humans can be scum st times.

I see no difference between cruelty to animals and cruelty to children (or adults) and the punishments should be no different.

Anyone who is content harming an innocent animal should be locked away from society.

I don't see why people should be regarded as more Important than animals. We're nothing but a plague on this earth. Killing more species every year. The sooner this planet finds an effective way of thinning us out the better.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

I see no difference between cruelty to animals and cruelty to children (or adults) and the punishments should be no different.

Anyone who is content harming an innocent animal should be locked away from society.

I don't see why people should be regarded as more Important than animals. We're nothing but a plague on this earth. Killing more species every year. The sooner this planet finds an effective way of thinning us out the better.

:spoton:

20 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Totally true, why are we ripping the **** out of this earth?  I hate saying 'we' as that puts us all in the same bracket as the scum in the article.

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Totally true, why are we ripping the **** out of this earth?  I hate saying 'we' as that puts us all in the same bracket as the scum in the article.

Put simply...money. 

Harry Potter
18 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

So driving your car is the same as killing a lion, maybe i picked you up wrong.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

So driving your car is the same as killing a lion, maybe i picked you up wrong.

Haha well ... we're cutting down everything, we're drilling and digging up everything, if it moves we kill it where that be in the sea or on land.

The rate we are going I bet the future earth has a mezzanine floor all the way round it because the main earth has been ****ed.

On 13/06/2008 at 10:19, kannymann1 said:

What about the cruelty animals do to their own? Of course it's nature but I had never seen the level of cruelty as I saw this morning. A Gull was torturing a young chick. It showed absolutely no remorse. Tbh it was quite a brutal attack and fascinating to watch. 

7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

What about the cruelty animals do to their own? Of course it's nature but I had never seen the level of cruelty as I saw this morning. A Gull was torturing a young chick. It showed absolutely no remorse. Tbh it was quite a brutal attack and fascinating to watch. 

I mean the major difference here is animals do not have the ability to self reflect. Everything they do is instinct. Humans on the other hand have the ability to not act on their primal instincts. Deliberately torturing animals for the fun of it means someone is sociopath.  Same with these "trophy" hunters scumbags. 

Animals torturing animals...well thats just nature as you say as cruel as it seems. 

7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I mean the major difference here is animals do not have the ability to self reflect. Everything they do is instinct. Humans on the other hand have the ability to not act on their primal instincts. Deliberately torturing animals for the fun of it means someone is sociopath.  Same with these "trophy" hunters scumbags. 

Animals torturing animals...well thats just nature as you say as cruel as it seems. 

Shanks said no

I had a crow v a rat in my garden last week, crow won.

Well the crow thought he won, but if the rat had eaten any of the poison Mrs F keeps putting out it may have had the last laugh 

On 13/06/2008 at 10:19, kannymann1 said:

This bit here will prevent you from ever acquiring a shotgun or firearms certificate.

5 hours ago, Bauld said:

The couple in the picture with the lion are supposedly Canadian.  If so, they will get the shit ripped out of them when they go home. Generally speaking in Canada, killing innocent animals on a safari is considered the lowest of the low.

And before I get asked, I don't know anyone who agrees with the annual seal slaughter on the East Coast. That's abhorrent too.

Fitzroy Pointon
5 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What happens to the animals when the couple with too much money have to go home? Just left there for hyenas and vultures to feed on? I would make them carry it home with them. 

New rule for safari, you kill the animal you deal with the corpse. You either eat it, arrange a sale or take it home with you. No burying it. Imagine the ****ers trying to get that through Customs. 

If you are cruel to animals it just shows your lack of empathy and highlights the possibility that you are a sociopath.

Edited by dsk1210

Fitzroy Pointon

Peter Tobin cut the head off a puppy and threw it out the window once. 

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just seeing the attack this morning and reading the OP"s post I felt should post. You are 100% correct about humans torturing animals though. I have family who go fox hunting and they for some reason would argue that it's "sport" and unable to see it from the point of view that the likes of you, me and other normal people.

Edited by Marvin

20 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Peter Tobin cut the head off a puppy and threw it out the window once. 

The puppy or the head?

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

What happens to the animals when the couple with too much money have to go home? Just left there for hyenas and vultures to feed on? I would make them carry it home with them. 

New rule for safari, you kill the animal you deal with the corpse. You either eat it, arrange a sale or take it home with you. No burying it. Imagine the ****ers trying to get that through Customs. 

Sounds a good idea. 

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

The puppy or the head?

The head.  His partner of the time found some local lads kicking it about like a football.  I'm calling bullshit on that part though. 

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Just seeing the attack this morning and reading the OP"s post I felt should post. You are 100% correct about humans torturing animals though. I have family who go fox hunting and they for some reason would argue that it's "sport" and unable to see it from the point of view that the likes of you, me and other normal people.

Imagine some lads chasing say a cat around a council estate with staffies and then letting them maul it. Not a lot of difference. 

Thats not a pop at you btw👍🏼

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Imagine some lads chasing say a cat around a council estate with staffies and then letting them maul it. Not a lot of difference. 

Thats not a pop at you btw👍🏼

Fox hunting is utterly barbaric and not enough is done to uphold the ban on it. To many back handers and the cops turning a blind eye to snobby *******s thirst for blood. 

maroonlegions
On 13/06/2008 at 20:27, Seats said:

Get a grip.

AlphonseCapone

Some proper ***** posting on this thread back in the day. Interesting to see Internet hardmen aren't a new phenomenon. 

Surely a question of size and societal value.

Biggest thing I've deliberately hunted and killed is a moth, but I accidentally ran over a rabbit once. Got over both quite quickly (or did I hence this citation? ).

Ladybirds are off limits. Bees no, wasps aye. Every step you take you're probably maiming or killing some sort of organism.