U20s at Ross County 2pm

Mikey1874

Probably a young team with the midweek game this week.

Getting updates might be limited. Ross County currently 3rd in league. Won 6-2 at Partick last week. But Hearts are on a good run.

Team news:

U20s team to face Ross County (2pm): Trialist, Brandon, Hamilton, Jones, Reid, Petkov, Beith, Akers, Irving, Leonard, Bikey

Subs: Roy, Ritchie, K. Smith, Baxter, C. Smith, Young

Trialist Brandon Reid Hamilton Jones Petkov Beith Akers Irving Leonard Bikey

Subs Roy Ritchie K.Smith Baxter C.Smith Young

jamboinglasgow

Interesting that we have another goalkeeper on trial.

Also saw Godinho post that he has had an operation and has 5-6 months in the gym. He has been very unlucky with injuries.

Triallist to provide Hamilton with competition perhaps??

Would not surprise me in the slightest if Noring was in goals Weds night.  He needs the opportunity to challenge Hamilton competitively.  Would he normally be playing today?

jamboinglasgow

Triallist to provide Hamilton with competition perhaps??

Doubt it as noring has that job.

More likely another u20 keeper. Could be connected with the fact Gadja is not in the squad. May be an injury requiring another keeper (with Mason out as well.)

loveofthegame

Would not surprise me in the slightest if Noring was in goals Weds night.  He needs the opportunity to challenge Hamilton competitively.  Would he normally be playing today?

Would be a huge surprise, and a ridiculous decision, to give a goalie his first ever first team start in a huge Edinburgh derby away from home.

Noring will not be playing as he is our 2nd choice keeper and will be on the bench on Wed.

Would be a huge surprise, and a ridiculous decision, to give a goalie his first ever first team start in a huge Edinburgh derby away from home.

Noring will not be playing as he is our 2nd choice keeper and will be on the bench on Wed.

The other option is to play a young goalie who's confidence is shot.

Hibs are going to fire balls on top of Hamilton from the first whistle.

My mate was telling me that huddy wasn't playing for Bonnyrigg on Saturday. Has he been found out at that level as well?

Injured

The other option is to play a young goalie who's confidence is shot.

Hibs are going to fire balls on top of Hamilton from the first whistle.

Huge worry that. I can see him costing us the tie.

Get Noring in. He can't be worse than Hamilton has been.

I've heard that up to eight FT contracts are being offered to the U16/U17s this summer.

Is this something you agree with? How are the 16s/17s doing?

Noring doesn't lack experience.  Jack is going to get targeted big time in this match. Sticking Noring in between the stick wouldn't be so stupid IMO

My only concern is, is he not pushing Jack enough in training to warrant a start??

Jack is going to get targeted big time in this match. Sticking Noring in between the stick wouldn't be so stupid IMO

My only concern is, is he not pushing Jack enough in training to warrant a start??

Edited*

pattythejambo

I've heard that up to eight FT contracts are being offered to the U16/U17s this summer.

Yes I heard that on Sunday at their game believe they are various lengths up to 3 years the maximum they can offer youth players. I think they are a great team but can't be judged on results due to the fact the 4 stronger players don't play for them most weeks , they are promoted to the 20,s to gain experience. Rumours still doing the rounds about a Glasgow team ready to pounce for 2 of them.

Jambof3tornado

Is that up on the last few years? If so maybe signs that we are moving forward academy wise.

Yes I heard that on Sunday at their game believe they are various lengths up to 3 years the maximum they can offer youth players. I think they are a great team but can't be judged on results due to the fact the 4 stronger players don't play for them most weeks , they are promoted to the 20,s to gain experience. Rumours still doing the rounds about a Glasgow team ready to pounce for 2 of them.

What are the chances they'll be successful in their talent robbery ?

Players should be aware it will be years before they see the first team if they go through to the weeg

orchardmaroon

Lots of talent at under 16/17 level for sure. Only one Scottish player starting for first team hardly makes us any better than others these days trying to sell the club I guess! Plus the one Scottish player we are playing we all want to drop - maybe the days of having youth academy are coming to an end and redirect the money to better foreigners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of talent at under 16/17 level for sure. Only one Scottish player starting for first team hardly makes us any better than others these days trying to sell the club I guess! Plus the one Scottish player we are playing we all want to drop - maybe the days of having youth academy are coming to an end and redirect the money to better foreigners?

Yeah agreed.

Or maybe need to play atleast one Scottish player each game

The Old Tolbooth

A trialist in goal would suggest that Noring would maybe be being kept for Wednesday night, I hope so as Jack's confidence is gone and it gives Hibs a headache as they need to change their own tactics. I didn't realise that Noring was on loan at Celtic once too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pattythejambo

Hearts always used to be able to say to the parents that there is a pathway to first team football not looking like that now !. I would be gutted if we lost any the u 16 boys as I hoped to follow them through to first team but with all the signings in the last window were not any better that the so called big 2. When we were in trouble we got out it with home grown players not like the blue end of Glasgow look at us now compared to them would much rather be in our position than theirs, so we should no forget how we got to this stable financial position we're in.

Honesty and back grass roots .

On the flip side you could argue that 

Hamilton

Paterson

Souttar

Walker

Nicholson

would all play and we have had Currie coming on. I think we do just fine for Scottish players

Footballfirst

Is that up on the last few years? If so maybe signs that we are moving forward academy wise.

We only gave out three FT contracts to academy players last season, K Smith, A Reid and A Irving.

The U17s lost 2-1 to St Mirren by way of an injury time goal yeasterday.  U17s is a bit of a misnomer though, as we only started with one U17 and had four or five U15s playing up. the rest were U16s. None of the current U16 internationals played.

orchardmaroon

Hearts always used to be able to say to the parents that there is a pathway to first team football not looking like that now !. I would be gutted if we lost any the u 16 boys as I hoped to follow them through to first team but with all the signings in the last window were not any better that the so called big 2. When we were in trouble we got out it with home grown players not like the blue end of Glasgow look at us now compared to them would much rather be in our position than theirs, so we should no forget how we got to this stable financial position we're in.

Honesty and back grass roots .

could not agree more but little sign of it now!

I live in hope!

The Treasurer

A trialist in goal would suggest that Noring would maybe be being kept for Wednesday night, I hope so as Jack's confidence is gone and it gives Hibs a headache as they need to change their own tactics. I didn't realise that Noring was on loan at Celtic once too.

Of course he's being kept for Wednesday !!!

We won't go into a cup tie with only one fit goalkeeper in the squad

Footballfirst

I also heard from a scout yesterday that Celtic currently have 34 U16/U17s on their books (Hearts have barely half of that).  No wonder they end up with the strongest youth sides when they hoover up all the kids with even a modicum of talent, to the detriment of all the other Scottish sides.

The Old Tolbooth

Of course he's being kept for Wednesday !!!

We won't go into a cup tie with only one fit goalkeeper in the squad

Aye but if he wasn't playing (starting) on Wednesday then he'd most likely be playing today I would imagine.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Heard from some of my Aberdeen acquaintances, their 17s are now stepping into the 20s, they were top but the side was significantly weaker for the promotions

pattythejambo

I also heard from a scout yesterday that Celtic currently have 34 U16/U17s on their books (Hearts have barely half of that). No wonder they end up with the strongest youth sides when they hoover up all the kids with even a modicum of talent, to the detriment of all the other Scottish sides.

Would hope the parents trust us as a club to give the youth a chance , but these clubs will be telling them everything they want to hear till they sign.

2 guys with long black jackets with green NB arrived yesterday stayed 10 min and left don't think who they were looking for were playing.

Aye but if he wasn't playing (starting) on Wednesday then he'd most likely be playing today I would imagine.

Hope to god you are right and he starts.

pattythejambo

Celtic invest heavily in Youth but few get the chance Re of well they do

Invest is the key word here, why don't they develop and they won't need to invest and leave kids at other clubs alone.

Archived