U20s v Celtic Ochilview 7.30pm

Mikey1874

jamboinglasgow

Looks like results for the team are looking up. Since the start of 2017, we have play 5 games, won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1. In the previous 17 league games to that (i.e. from the start of the season) we won only 3 and drew 6. 

Apart from Hibs being top it's nice to see the big glasgow 2 not having it their own way, in this league anyway.

It has been done to death but I think a top league of 16 to 18 would be much better.

Teams would only have to raise their game twice against the bigger teams and I think interest would increase.

Still pants seeing Hibs top but the age of the players from under 16s compared to first teamers playing for fitness varies so much makes the placings unreliable.

Footballfirst

How was Bikey?

Largely ineffective as the Celtic centre backs were both big and quick.  I think he had one decent effort at the end of a good Hearts move in the second half, but the keeper dived to his left and comfortably gathered the ball.  He also seemed reluctant to shoot with his left foot.

I thought he could have helped work back a bit more when we were under pressure.  There were periods when Celtic controlled possession 35-40 yards out as the Hearts defence an midfield were under pressure.  Bikey just hung about around the half way line making no effort to break up Celtic's play.

My early impressions are that he is quite raw and lacking a bit both in confidence and general game awareness.  He does have good pace though.  A goal would probably help him enormously.

Is it not about time we got some up to date photos of the current Under 20's to show along with the match reports.

The one they have on display has got Gavin Reilly, Osman Sow and Alim Ozturk in it.

Is it not about time we got some up to date photos of the current Under 20's to show along with the match reports.

The one they have on display has got Gavin Reilly, Osman Sow and Alim Ozturk in it.

Yeah

But possibly the best pic they had of Ally Roy

And St Johnstone the week before

just read your post re game this morning - should have looked yesterday and would have taken in this game ( didn't think we would have 3rd game in a row at Ochilview )

Footballfirst

It would be even better if the club had some media guys actually attending the games to at least provide live Twitter updates and much more detailed match reports.

I know that HYDC made some tweets last night, which is welcome, but the content was relayed to them by someone at the game.

Hearts coverage of the development league games is the worst of the 17 teams in the league.   

just read your post re game this morning - should have looked yesterday and would have taken in this game ( didn't think we would have 3rd game in a row at Ochilview )

Keep an eye on the SPFL website. Development league table, results and fixtures are on there. In advance Hearts home fixtures might be noted on Tuesdays. But Hearts always play at Ochilview on Mondays. And in terms of nearby forthcoming games the SPFL website is always right.

I can't (normally) go on a Monday so not there either last night. Might manage an away game played at Airdrie or such like next.

Keep an eye on the SPFL website. Development league table, results and fixtures are on there. In advance Hearts home fixtures might be noted on Tuesdays. But Hearts always play at Ochilview on Mondays. And in terms of nearby forthcoming games the SPFL website is always right.

I can't (normally) go on a Monday so not there either last night. Might manage an away game played at Airdrie or such like next.

thanks Mikey well def catch some of the games shown on spfl page

Archived