My heart sank

KilbrideJambo

KilbrideJambo

When I saw the reported shortlist and the the threads and comments that followed. How far have we fallen since that magic summer of only 3 years ago when i had butterflies in my stomach and we were on the verge of something special (again). i want to be (am) still positive about the future but we need more from our leadership - so many false dawns and contradictions have wilted even the most sustained.

Jamboross98
When I saw the reported shortlist and the the threads and comments that followed. How far have we fallen since that magic summer of only 3 years ago when i had butterflies in my stomach and we were on the verge of something special (again). i want to be (am) still positive about the future but we need more from our leadership - so many false dawns and contradictions have wilted even the most sustained.

We are getting a manager with full control, what more do you want? Does it really matter who he is? Quite happy with Big Tel and Sex mad Gudnar.

Guest JamboRobbo
We are getting a manager with full control, what more do you want?

Are we?

Does it really matter who he is?

Of course, Are you saying it doesn't matter? i.e Malofeev would be acceptable?

Everybody loves Baz

So you knew then that a team of unknown players were going to win 8 out of 8 and go on a super run did you ?

You are super,any chance of saturday's double rollover lottery ?

My hearts sank when I read your post - yet another fan who's unwilling to give a new manager (and not one from the 'pyramid'!) a chance to succeed before he's written off as a failure. Please tell me that you've not renewed/don't own a season ticket. My heart will leap!

Can we not wait until the new guy is appointed before we greet him with a chorus of "not good enough for the Hearts"-type comments?

Guest JamboRobbo
So you knew then that a team of unknown players were going to win 8 out of 8 and go on a super run did you ?

It was clear to anyone who was at the Boro game that we'd taken huge strides forward in terms of management quality, player quality, and potential from the 5th place finish the season before.

It's also clear that this summer, we've yet to take any any steps forward from last years shambles.

jack D and coke

You are super,any chance of saturday's double rollover lottery ?

Course we didn't know but you cant deny we were riding the crest of a wave right from the moment we appointed anderton. Free admisssion to the boro game, a well known manager, loads of things to get positive about. Then downhill all the way since. Lies lies lies all the way.

Guest JamboRobbo
Can we not wait until the new guy is appointed before we greet him with a chorus of "not good enough for the Hearts"-type comments?

What do you feel that keeping quiet would achieve?

Guest JamboRobbo
What does your moaning achieve?

Discussion between fans. Which I thought was the whole point of JKB?

To deliberately not discuss certain subjects seems to be against the whole point of a message board.

We_are_the_Hearts
We are getting a manager with full control, what more do you want? Does it really matter who he is? Quite happy with Big Tel and Sex mad Gudnar.

Eh? You being serious?

Discussion between fans. Which I thought was the whole point of JKB?

To deliberately not discuss certain subjects seems to be against the whole point of a message board.

The question you asked was what does keeping quiet achieve and so I was asking what you felt was achieved by complaining about potential managers before they're even appointed.

Discussion is one thing, but creating a 'backlash' against someone who hasn't had the chance to 'lash' in the first place seems harsh.

I think complaining about whoever is appointed - whether it is Malofeev or whoever else - creates a negative atmosphere which drags down your fellow fans and, as a result, the team.

Some of the atmospheres at the home games last year were horrendous - before a ball was even kicked. We need to be more positive as a group and hope that this rubs off on the team. As a result, I'll only be supportive of the team and manager this season and will be clamping down on any negativity with a wave of my happy stick (ooer).

You've said that the point of this board is discussion, which is what I'm trying to do here, but I asked you what is actually achieved by moaning and complaining? Particularly when this moaning is about a new manager/management team when all you've done is read their names in a paper? No good can come of this!

Suspect Device
It was clear to anyone who was at the Boro game that we'd taken huge strides forward in terms of management quality, player quality, and potential from the 5th place finish the season before.

It's also clear that this summer, we've yet to take any any steps forward from last years shambles.

ah, but,in the June i believe we did not have a mgr, the boro game was just before the season started, and we signed most of the players that week.

mid June,3 years ago , we didn't have a clue, we all had our fingers crossed that it would be great and Romanov was another Abramovich, but nothing much had happened.

the main feel good factor from that time was the exit of Pieman and the short shoots of recovery (Anderton / Vlad saying exciting things about selling out Tynie / winning leagues / cups / CL ;))

mind you i remember watching that boro game and thinking "this does looks really good", players who could , dare i say it, play !

dont get me wrong, i'm not saying everythings hunky dory, but it so easily could be :sad:

Everybody loves Baz

I didn't think we were any great shakes against Boro,and i personally thought Brellier was rank along with a few others, but they turned out alright in the end but the point i'm making is i never had a warm fuzzy feeling in the summer.

Everybody loves Baz
ah, but,in the June i believe we did not have a mgr, the boro game was just before the season started, and we signed most of the players that week.

mid June,3 years ago , we didn't have a clue, we all had our fingers crossed that it would be great and Romanov was another Abramovich, but nothing much had happened.

the main feel good factor from that time was the exit of Pieman and the short shoots of recovery (Anderton / Vlad saying exciting things about selling out Tynie / winning leagues / cups / CL ;))

mind you i remember watching that boro game and thinking "this does looks really good", players who could , dare i say it, play !

dont get me wrong, i'm not saying everythings hunky dory, but it so easily could be :sad:

Exactly, you're too quick at typing John.

We are getting a manager with full control.

Oh FFS wake up man!! Romanov will never give anyone full control. The fact that we are even speaking to these non-entities tells me that nobody decent would take the job because of doubt over the control issue.

Ron Burgundy

A "Mills and Boon" type post if ever I saw one.

and who told you we were going to get a manager with full control ?

oh that lier romanov.

and yes it does matter who manages hearts.

what planet do you come from ?

ok let's wait until the puppet is appointed before we slaughter the clown.

PresidentRomanov

For someone who's not even bothered enough to go to Tynecastle, you don't half have a lot to say for yourself :mad:

I assume you'll be slaughtering him on the internet :rolleyes:

But surely we all have a cut off point for the quality of manager that we would accept? Yours might be lower than mine e.g. you'd be happy with Weiss, I want someone better.

On that basis, you must also have a cut off point. How crap would you accept our manager being? The current manager from East Fife/Berwick/Scarborough? What's your limit?

KilbrideJambo
A "Mills and Boon" type post if ever I saw one.

Thanks! ;)

Everybody loves Baz
For someone who's not even bothered enough to go to Tynecastle, you don't half have a lot to say for yourself :mad:

:pray::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Spot on,

Mitch 41 and his like will never be happy unless they get to pick the manager themselves.

vancouverjambo

It was also clear to anyone at the friendlies in Dublin that summer that we were pretty much useless. If I remember correctly, those games in Dublin were late June/early July.

you'll be accusing me of being a low-bee next. where did you dream up the idea that i don't go to games. well i was a season ticket holder up until now and i've been to more games up and down the country than you've had hot dinners.

i hate anybody who harms the team, players or fans and right now romanov has done exactly that.

i assume you care about the hearts and if so stop dreaming, waken up and grow a back-bone.

Rabbie_Burns
It was also clear to anyone at the friendlies in Dublin that summer that we were pretty much useless. If I remember correctly, those games in Dublin were late June/early July.

Was at Burley's first game in charge v St Pats in Dublin, 0-0 snore draw, at the time we really believed we were in for another long hard season...

Least it was a scorcher of a day and the booze went down rather well !

:pray::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Spot on,

Mitch 41 and his like will never be happy unless they get to pick the manager themselves.

all i want is a manager who knows what he's doing and stands for no interference from anyone.

yes a manager who has pride in the job of being hearts manager not one of romanov's clueless puppets.

i care but you and your like are pure bootlickers.

Everybody loves Baz
all i want is a manager who knows what he's doing and stands for no interference from anyone.

yes a manager who has pride in the job of being hearts manager not one of romanov's clueless puppets.

Who says the new manager (assuming it's Thor) won't have full atonomy of the team?

Buy all accounts if reports are to believed, This guy doesn't take kindly to interference,

Ps i can assure you i aint no bootlicker and i have plenty of people on here who can vouch for that.

Pete Seeger

Could you tell me how to add people to the ignore list please? I'm not very good with computers.

Guest JamboRobbo

Indeed. SO if we move quickly for the right man, and let him do his stuff, with Vlad providing the finances, we still have time to have a good year next year.

But time is fast running out, and there are no signs as yet of anything positive happening.

Guest JamboRobbo
I didn't think we were any great shakes against Boro,and i personally thought Brellier was rank along with a few others, but they turned out alright in the end but the point i'm making is i never had a warm fuzzy feeling in the summer.

Well everyones sees it differently mate.

I walked out the boro game and put 20 quid on us to win the league at 500-1, and 20 quid on us to win the cup at 25-1.

Wasn't a bad bet either.

Rabbie_Burns
Well everyones sees it differently mate.

I walked out the boro game and put 20 quid on us to win the league at 500-1, and 20 quid on us to win the cup at 25-1.

Wasn't a bad bet either.

Should have placed cover bets on the ugly sisters when we went on our winning spree and their odds lengthened...:cool:

Guest JamboRobbo
Should have placed cover bets on the ugly sisters when we went on our winning spree and their odds lengthened...:cool:

I know, I thought about it, but was greedy, and the OF odds never got that enticing.

The SC paid up ok anyway so I wasn't too gutted.

Charlie-Brown

What odds on Weiss getting the Hearts job? Thor doesn't seem to have any meetings with Vlad scheduled according to various news reports and Zygmantovich apparently doesn't know why he's linked with the job according to the daily mail.

Dirk Diggler
What odds on Weiss getting the Hearts job? Thor doesn't seem to have any meetings with Vlad scheduled according to various news reports and Zygmantovich apparently doesn't know why he's linked with the job according to the daily mail.

I would say Weiss is favourite at the minute.

If he says the right things and Vlad likes what he hears, I think he'll get offered it.

I don't believe this is a ploy by Hearts/Vlad to have us thinking it's him only to unveil someone else.

I think after the MM rejection, Vlad has taken it upon himself to get in someone.

I only hope he either learns the English language quickly or brings an English speaking assistant with him.

Even at that it would be a risky appointment imo.

Charlie-Brown
I would say Weiss is favourite at the minute.

If he says the right things and Vlad likes what he hears, I think he'll get offered it.

I don't believe this is a ploy by Hearts/Vlad to have us thinking it's him only to unveil someone else.

I think after the MM rejection, Vlad has taken it upon himself to get in someone.

I only hope he either learns the English language quickly or brings an English speaking assistant with him.

Even at that it would be a risky appointment imo.

It is a relatively risky appointment if it turns out to be him however regards language the EEN said yesterday he has decent english and is willing to learn to become fluent - regards an assistant well he might possibly consider either R.Tomascek or L.Moravcik who both played here as well as a Hearts / Scottish coach for SPL knowledge......whatever will be will be.

Dirk Diggler
It is a relatively risky appointment if it turns out to be him however regards language the EEN said yesterday he has decent english and is willing to learn to become fluent - regards an assistant well he might possibly consider either R.Tomascek or L.Moravcik who both played here as well as a Hearts / Scottish coach for SPL knowledge......whatever will be will be.

Quite true. :)

Out of interest NMH, out of the 3 names mentioned who would be your preference?

Charlie-Brown
Quite true. :)

Out of interest NMH, out of the 3 names mentioned who would be your preference?

I think Weiss is probably the most able, Thor would probably be closer to what we're used to and expecting - either of them would be okay - Zygmantovich don't know anything about the guy and doubt he's even a candidate - I think they would all definitely need an assistant with good SPL experience.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

The basic facts at the moment are that disregarding this Belarussian no-mark Ziggystardustovich, the choice is between someone with an outstanding record in his own league and has taken that club to the Champions league group stages. The other is someone who sounds like an ego-maniac who outside of Iceland has really not done anything of note except the difference is his experience in the English game which was really not much to boast about.

It's a difficult choice really and neither candidate is really appealling. But if one of them comes in, is allowed to make his own mark on the playing side and gets results, then great.

I don't know which one I would rather have. Right now I am leaning towards Weiss. But that might change.

I might also now consider renewing. The eternal optimist Hearts fan usually wins through in the end in this matter.

But its another real "wonder what will happen next" moment.

Romanov. As ever he is Banquo's ghost hovering over things.

Benny Factor

Gotta disagree with that. Most of the players on show that night had only met each other a few hours beforehand, never mind train with each other.

I've never left a friendly match so positive about the season ahead.

Rabbie_Burns
I'm happy.

Especially if we get Thor & Butch.

Give them a chance.

This is Kickback, no chances given or expected around here... :rolleyes:

Only a Game

I look at it this way. If someone is lucky enough and priveleged enough to get the Hearts job, and he's determined enough and strong enough to have gone for it in the first place then, on those two counts, thats a successful man who has walked through the door.

It is just not possible to say that any given manager, particularly one never tested in the SPL is not good enough for Hearts. It only becomes apparent after a reasonable number of games.

Some people should look up the meaning of "support"

Captain Lithuania

The puppets have been appointed before, Malofeev and Korbotchka.. We need someone who lives and breathes Hearts.

The puppets have been appointed before, Malofeev and Korbotchka.. We need someone who lives and breathes Hearts.

Doubt Burley lived and breathed Hearts before coming here, but he did alright didn't he...tbh, I don't really care if whoever gets the job "lives and breathes" Hearts, just that they're good at their job, get given a chance to succeed.....and don't get too much interference! (I'm not naive enough to think Vlad will butt out entirely, but hope :pray: that he can limit it to just providing a few players now and again and butts out entirely of "suggesting" certain players should play each week)

Everybody loves Baz
Gotta disagree with that. Most of the players on show that night had only met each other a few hours beforehand, never mind train with each other.

I've never left a friendly match so positive about the season ahead.

Like i said before H.R.M.P , It's all about opinions and sometimes you're not allowed to have one one here.

We need a manager fast,but i dont think Vlad will EVER give any manager full control,he's too stuck in his ways

Archived