how to be a unionist

kinross jambo

Can't speak for all Scottish Nationalists, but I would have to say that Europe is a union of equals. Britain is not. Sovereignty lies with the member states, those nations can opt out if they wish. In the Union between the Kingdom of Scotland and Kingdom of England, this is not the case.

Sovereignty is held solely by London. Yes devolution has granted power, but absolute power still lies in Westminster, and any power given to any devolved institution can be overturned by Westminster.

The two Unions are very different is what I am getting at. The connotations of being 'European' and 'British' are also both very different.

British is also seen as your nationality - I'm not British, I'm Scottish. Being Euoprean on the otherhand is more about the geographical area of Europe - You can be European without being a member of EU. I don't think anyone would argue that the Swiss are Europeans, or the Norwegians...or the Andorrans.

What I'm getting at is that being European is not about sovereignty, it's about geography.

WRONG

e.g Germany contribute far more proportianally than Slovakia

No fancy tag team likes?

High 5's an aw that

:cheer1::1022:

If it was a tag team, I would prefer Amy had a partner and it was Hayden Panitierri

WRONG

e.g Germany contribute far more proportianally than Slovakia

Like Scotland do compared to Wales, England and Northern Ireland?

Ohh Burn! (Watched 'That 70's show' last night).

Why do Nat's want equality so much!!

Equality is a sham

Equality is wrong!!!!

Some people are just better than others get used to it

Are you the equal of a paedophile?a murderer?a thief?

Are you the equal to someone who can't be ersed working?who beats his wife n kids?

Equality is a punishment.

We are all responsible on our own outcomes and if you live your life well with respect and hard work you quite rightly will be treated better than the lowlifes

Or perhaps Nats are just happy being treated as lowlifes as long as England is not involved ;)

Thank God for that. :) The SNP "government" is making a right pigs ear of the limited powers they have. :sad:

Check your passport. ;) Taking it a stage further, if you get into bother abroad, try getting help from a Scottish Embassy/Consulate. :rolleyes:

Yup, that'll explain the our horribly low opinion polls :rolleyes:

I'm far to sensible to ever get into any trouble abroad. :)

It's oor oil, wur aw Jock Tamson's bairns.

Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom!

Do you not understand the worth and value of a British passport?

Yes but think where these opinion polls come from

Equality is a sham

Equality is wrong!!!!

That should be the 'No' campaigns slogan in the upcoming referendum :)

Yes but think where these opinion polls come from

Ohh your right...the people of Scotland are obviously biast towards the SNP.

It's oor oil, wur aw Jock Tamson's bairns.

Indeed we all are Jock Tamson's bairns. English, Scots, Welsh, Irish, Pakistani's, Italians, Germans, Russians...

The majority is ''oor oil''.

Spitonastranger
Spoiled children also tend to shout loudest. :sad:

Some people on here seem to think being a Unionist is un-trendy and/or a badge of shame. I'm a Unionist and proud of it so the Brigadoon Brigade can gtf as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Going by your opinion i am now for independance for Scotland:p

coppercrutch
Europe is a union of equals. Britain is not.

You are right the PM who runs Britain is a Scotsman. The last PM was raised in Scotland. The chancellor for the last 10 years was a Scotsman. The present chancellor is a Scotsman. The current defence secretary and previous one are also Scotsmen. The speaker in the house of Commons is a Scotsman.

You are so right. Britain is totally unfair and unequal. The Scots run pretty much everything. So unfair.......

And to think some naive people actually BELIEVE Scotland is ****ed over by England.

Laughable is not the word......

kinross jambo

still using the same old tactics again.

"brigadoon", "robert the bruce,braveheart warrior","freedom",awe jock tamsons bairns"

rubbish this rubbish that.

these replies just prove the clips points.

coppercrutch
Indeed we all are Jock Tamson's bairns. English, Scots, Welsh, Irish, Pakistani's, Italians, Germans, Russians...

The majority is ''oor oil''.

Racist/Xenophobe.

Exactly. ;)

My dear fellow i am simply flumoxed, dash it if i don't need another snifter to charge the old grey matter, what!

coppercrutch
My dear fellow i am simply flumoxed, dash it if i don't need another snifter to charge the old grey matter, what!

It was a totally innocuous post that another poster decided to pick out as racist and xenophobic. When it clearly wasn't.

Shocking huh ?

Perhaps a couple of days ago the roles were reversed............:rolleyes:

You are right the PM who runs Britain is a Scotsman. The last PM was raised in Scotland. The chancellor for the last 10 years was a Scotsman. The present chancellor is a Scotsman. The current defence secretary and previous one are also Scotsmen. The speaker in the house of Commons is a Scotsman.

You are so right. Britain is totally unfair and unequal. The Scots run pretty much everything. So unfair.......

And to think some naive people actually BELIEVE Scotland is ****ed over by England.

Laughable is not the word......

To believe that because someone is Scottish, they will stand up for Scotland isn't just naive, it's quite frankly stupid.

So...we Scots are too stupid to run our own country, but we, acording to you, run England, Scotland, Wales and the 6 counties of Ulster??? Slightly illogical, don't you think?

coppercrutch
To believe that because someone is Scottish, they will stand up for Scotland isn't just naive, it's quite frankly stupid.

So...we Scots are too stupid to run our own country, but we, acording to you, run England, Scotland, Wales and the 6 counties of Ulster??? Slightly illogical, don't you think?

What is this 'Stand up for Scotland' nonsense ? It is not as if we are cowering in a corner being abused by our big bad neighbours......

And as for illogical not at all. I think most of the people I mentioned are idiots. They have been useless at managing the UK so I don't reckon they would do any better with just Scotland.

The point I was making was that you can't say that we are being 'run' by England. Because that is clearly not the case. Whether they are good at their job or not is besides the point.

MacDonald Jardine
Well today is a perfect examply.

Ireland has disagreed with every other member. What happens?

No it isn't.

This is effectively constitutional change.

You had referenda about devolution in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.

MacDonald Jardine

Is there one post on this thread, or any other of the many on this subject for that matter in which anyone has said that?

Trying to ascribe these views to people you disagree with does your argument no service at all.

portobellojambo1
sums up most of them on here.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zO5leiwEiTM

and i thought they were their own points of view.

I watched the first 20 seconds of that video and quickly came to the conclusion if that was produced by a pro nationalist group of people over the age of 4 it gave a clear idea of the brain capacity of those looking for independence. As productions go it was fecking pish, and amateur in the extreme.

And you wonder why people don't want their lives to be governed by such people.

Archived