Q&A session with Stuart Wallace, FoH Chairman

davemclaren

Like. Why did you spend my contributions on hookers and class A's?

I'll be honest, if it's a choice between spending on TJs, or spending on Tsoili's wages, I'd like to think prudence would be shown. I'd be happy if my contributions were split 50/50, keepin both the player and the FOH Chairman happy :-)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

I've just listened to the Audio of the FOH AGM.

I was disappointed that the answers given to some of the questions did not fully address the detail of the questions actually posed.

I'm still looking for answers my questions about the differences in the final agreement from that voted upon.  Specifically, why the change from actual shares to only voting rights being transferred and why this change was not communicated to members before now.  The answer given was that the agreement had changed in some respects but Garry focussed on why the Board didn't feel it was necessary to hold a second vote.  I certainly didn't want or ask about a second vote, so my original question should go to Stuart.

Similarly specific questions on governance were answered in general terms in that new proposals would be published soon.  That sounds just like a politician kicking a thorny subject down the road a bit. Garry must have taken some lessons from Ian Murray :whistling:

On the other hand Garry did give a fairly comprehensive answer as to why FOH agreed to pay a proportion of the Club's legal fees (?9k-?10K), although didn't explain where the money was coming from and if it would impact on the sums going to the stand fund.

FF Where did you find the Audio? I can't find it in the AGM or News links on the website?

Footballfirst

Further to my post above.  To my knowledge, the notification about the FOH AGM video has only been issued via the FOH Twitter account.  There is currently no link to the video from the website.

Q. to Stuart. 

What are the plans to ensure that ALL members receive such communications? 

I do not think that communication by Twitter alone is adequate. I also believe that the dissemination of information would be improved by the retention of an archive of items such as previous annual accounts and links to the recent "newsletter" from the website. The previous monthly Blogs are accessible from the website, but the Newsletter is not.

Francis Albert

It would be good if the transcript of the AGM was made available before the deadline for Q&A questions. This might save time if some of the questions have already been answered at the AGM, and allow supplementary questions if the answers don't fully satisfy the questioners.

My AGM question (referred to earlier by FF) about the future membership status of those who have contributed to the achievement of the primary aims of FoH (stabilisation, fan ownership, new stand) was part of a more general question about the plans for and timing of the promised consultation on governance arrangements once majority ownership is achieved.

On the blog/newsletter would it be possible to have a bit more meat, whatever the format? For example a candidate in the one contested Director election proposed publishing the Board minutes (with any sensitive material removed). This (or even just a brief summary) would give members a better feel for what FoH actually do, what issues they might want input on, and maybe encourage more active participation in future elections.

Stuart's participation in the Q&A is very much welcome, but could this not become a more regular event, say six monthly, with the Q&A duty being rotated among the Directors, giving us a better feel for the contribution and roles of the individual Directors?

Having now listened to the answer to my question on governance at the AGM, I'd update my first question above to reflect that and so avoid a repetition of the same question and answer.

"At the AGM we were told that draft governance proposals would be made available soon and that there would also be a survey of members' views. Can you give some more detail on the timeframe within which you expect this to happen? Will there be a members' vote on the final proposals?

The possibility of "Life membership" for those who will have contributed towards the over ?9m required to deliver FoH's prime objective of "fan ownership" was also mentioned. However that was followed by a fairly strong expression of concern that this could result in a "job done" attitude and damage the level of future pledges. Can you confirm that the issue of FoH's future role and how membership is defined after the achievement of fan ownership is still  an open question?"

The other questions, about the blog/newsletter and communication generally, stand.

Having now listened to the answer to my question on governance at the AGM, I'd update my first question above to reflect that and so avoid a repetition of the same question and answer.

"At the AGM we were told that daft governance proposals would be made available soon and that there would also be a survey of members' views. Can you give some more detail on the timeframe within which you expect this to happen? Will there be a members' vote on the final proposals?

The possibility of "Life membership" for those who will have contributed towards the over ?9m required to deliver FoH's prime objective of "fan ownership" was also mentioned. However that was followed by a fairly strong expression of concern that this could result in a "job done" attitude and damage the level of future pledges. Can you confirm that the issue of FoH's future role and how membership is defined after the achievement of fan ownership is still  an open question?"

The other questions about the blog/newsletter and communication generally stand.

A bit unfair to call them daft before they are published. : whistling:

Francis Albert

A bit unfair to call them daft before they are published. : whistling:

You are too quick for my post editing skills!

But who knows it might just be prescience! 

Footballfirst

The publication of the SPFL accounts last week show that Neil Doncaster and Ralph Topping shared a bonus pot of ?110,000 last year (approximating to 42% of their combined salaries), whilst the company's revenue only went up by 4.5%.  They also received an increase is salary and other benefits of 5.7%

Will Stuart exert his influence over our in-house SPFL Board member to ensure that, in the future, such bonuses will only be paid out for truly exceptional performance?

While I'm on the subject of influence

...... in the event of the Supreme Court ruling in the next few months that Rangers FC's use of their EBT scheme was unlawful, will Stuart ask our in-house SPFL Board member to seek to have the decisions of the much criticised LNS Commission set aside, on the basis that the club did indeed gain a sporting advantage from the arrangements? 

Stuart Wallace, who was appointed as FoH chairman at the AGM on Thursday, has agreed to do a Q&A session for JKB later this month. If you have any questions that you would like answered by Stuart then please post them here. This thread will run until 15/2.

Thanks

Dave

Closes midnight tonight.

Stuart Wallace, who was appointed as FoH chairman at the AGM on Thursday, has agreed to do a Q&A session for JKB later this month. If you have any questions that you would like answered by Stuart then please post them here. This thread will run until 15/2.

Thanks

Dave

Just to advise that this session is planned for late next week. The attendees to ask the questions from this thread for JKB will be myself, Redm and Footballfirst. Minutes of the meeting will be published on here as soon as possible after the meeting.

scott herbertson

Just to advise that this session is planned for late next week. The attendees to ask the questions from this thread for JKB will be myself, Redm and Footballfirst. Minutes of the meeting will be published on here as soon as possible after the meeting.

A modern version of the terrible trio?

Only joking - we couldn't wish for three better qualified people to ask questions on our behalf

scott herbertson

What no BB??

Pal of Stuart's so probably not the best person this time

I think the three that have been chosen provide a good balance

Sorry Dave in with this one rather late as it was brought up in a thread a few weeks ago.

How will segregation of away fans work once the new stand is complete?

Tarp? perspex? full stand?

Sorry Dave in with this one rather late as it was brought up in a thread a few weeks ago.

How will segregation of away fans work once the new stand is complete?

Tarp? perspex? full stand?

Sorry, yer too late. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Bumping this, it would be great to hear what questions were asked and of course the responses?

Bumping this, it would be great to hear what questions were asked and of course the responses?

Yeah, I'd be interested too

Full notes coming in next few days. Watch this space. [emoji851]

Has the typewriter ran out of ink?

Francis Albert

Not complaining about the people who go to the bother of organising, attending and writing up these things and am grateful to them, but after nearly 4 weeks I am looking forward to a pretty meaty and revealing set of answers!

Not complaining about the people who go to the bother of organising, attending and writing up these things and am grateful to them, but after nearly 4 weeks I am looking forward to a pretty meaty and revealing set of answers!

They're Waiting to get the go ahead from Levein.

:whistling:

An unlucky sequence of illnesses, travel, family commitments and inconvenient realities of holding down full time jobs means things have taken a little longer than expected. We've all had lots going on in last few weeks. They'll be ready soon. [emoji106]

An unlucky sequence of illnesses, travel, family commitments and inconvenient realities of holding down full time jobs means things have taken a little longer than expected. We've all had lots going on in last few weeks. They'll be ready soon. [emoji106]

Plus Dave's birthday bash!

Francis Albert

Thanks. As I said no criticism of those involved.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. (like I am sure Chaps reply)

They're Waiting to get the go ahead from Levein.

:whistling:

John Daly will be along with the answers when he finishes this training session.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Do I have to pledge my extra pound before we get ANSWURS?

davemclaren

Do I have to pledge my extra pound before we get ANSWURS?

Yes!

We are nearly there so we just need a wee bit of patience. :whistling:

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Yes!

We are nearly there so we just need a wee bit of patience. :whistling:

OK Dave, pound to red nose day and a pound to the FOH.  Appreciate that a lot of people are giving a lot of their time gratis - FOH, JKB mods etc - so it's all good, just keen to get the update.  Apparently, there's a guy earlier on this thread good at keeping people to deadlines, maybe have a word with him

davemclaren

OK Dave, pound to red nose day and a pound to the FOH.  Appreciate that a lot of people are giving a lot of their time gratis - FOH, JKB mods etc - so it's all good, just keen to get the update.  Apparently, there's a guy earlier on this thread good at keeping people to deadlines, maybe have a word with him

Us too. Illness and work commitments have slowed it up unfortunately.

Francis Albert

In the early days of JKB Eric Samuelson, the Chief Executive of Wimbledon did a Q&A on here about his experience of reviving Wimbledon (from a far worse position than Hearts were in) and fan ownership. He registered as a JKB member. People posted questions on a thread like this, and one evening Samuelson spent about one hour answering the questions on line. A week or two later he spent another 15 minutes or so answering supplementary questions that had been posted. The number of questions I think exceeded those raised on this thread. I am not sure why that model of a Q&A was not applied here and on other FoH Q&As. Seems a lot more efficient and less time consuming for all involved.

In the early days of JKB Eric Samuelson, the Chief Executive of Wimbledon did a Q&A on here about his experience of reviving Wimbledon (from a far worse position than Hearts were in) and fan ownership. He registered as a JKB member. People posted questions on a thread like this, and one evening Samuelson spent about one hour answering the questions on line. A week or two later he spent another 15 minutes or so answering supplementary questions that had been posted. The number of questions I think exceeded those raised on this thread. I am not sure why that model of a Q&A was not applied here and on other FoH Q&As. Seems a lot more efficient and less time consuming for all involved.

<sigh> of course you're not criticising are you no no just an observation im sure.

I look forward to the information when all involved have the time to present it.

Francis Albert

<sigh> of course you're not criticising are you no no just an observation im sure.

I look forward to the information when all involved have the time to present it.

<sigh>

I have already on this thread at least twice praised the people involved for their time and effort. So yes it is just an observation and suggestion.

If all involved are happy with the process and the time and effort involved then they are of course free to ignore my observation and suggestion.

Footballfirst

<sigh>

I have already on this thread at least twice praised the people involved for their time and effort. So yes it is just an observation and suggestion.

If all involved are happy with the process and the time and effort involved then they are of course free to ignore my observation and suggestion.

As one of those who participated in the Q&A with Stuart, I agree.with the suggestion.

davemclaren

In the early days of JKB Eric Samuelson, the Chief Executive of Wimbledon did a Q&A on here about his experience of reviving Wimbledon (from a far worse position than Hearts were in) and fan ownership. He registered as a JKB member. People posted questions on a thread like this, and one evening Samuelson spent about one hour answering the questions on line. A week or two later he spent another 15 minutes or so answering supplementary questions that had been posted. The number of questions I think exceeded those raised on this thread. I am not sure why that model of a Q&A was not applied here and on other FoH Q&As. Seems a lot more efficient and less time consuming for all involved.

We'd be happy to support that type of thing and moderate the thread. We also ran one for Robbo a while back. However, not everyone is experienced with or enjoys the white heat of live social media interaction. :whistling:

Us too. Illness and work commitments have slowed it up unfortunately.

A hangover from your birthday celebrations is no excuse Dave!

Francis Albert

I think i understand why it has taken over 4 weeks to record stuart's answers to half a dozen questions!

Borders Jambo

Sounds like we are in a safe pair of hands.

Anyone who has been through 76, 86 and the Airdrie Semi Final defeats, knows what being a supporter of our great club is about.

Francis Albert

Sounds like we are in a safe pair of hands.

Anyone who has been through 76, 86 and the Airdrie Semi Final defeats, knows what being a supporter of our great club is about.

losing?

Francis Albert

I mean the greatest days of my over 50 years supporting hearts were under cpr and vlad. Istead of banging on about our suffering why not talk about emulating them?

Francis Albert

I'd be quite interested in knowing more about the "top legal, business and marketing" minds on the Foh board. After four years there is still no short biography of the board members on the foh web site

I mean the greatest days of my over 50 years supporting hearts were under cpr and vlad. Istead of banging on about our suffering why not talk about emulating them?

Good point.

They are happy to slate Vlad, yet one of the payment plans is set up and named after the 5--1 result we got under him.

Good idea let's build up the debt again.

Should be easy enough to get up to about ?20M by the end of next season.

Who should we sign first ?

Francis Albert

Good idea let's build up the debt again.

Should be easy enough to get up to about ?20M by the end of next season.

Who should we sign first ?

so the choice is ?20m debt or 60 years of losing? I'd hope there might be another option.

so the choice is ?20m debt or 60 years of losing? I'd hope there might be another option.

Sorry I thought you wanted us to emulate CPR and Vlad.

Archived