Croatia v Germany

vegas-voss

Say What Again

Did a Germany/Draw double on todays games so 'mon the Germans.

Got Croatia in the pub sweep though. :wacko:

Bobby_swing_the_bar

Come on Croatia, hate the Germans.

Is there a Hearts flag up behind Lehmann's goal? Looks like a maroon saltire?

Croatia should have had this game finished by half time. Germany will probably rally after half time and score a couple of goals, I hope not though.

I think Croatia will close this game up and Germany will find it hard to break them down now.Think Croatia might score a late 2nd goal.

Hate the fact he keeps calling Joachim Lowe "Yogy Love". Even if that is how it's pronounced, he still sounds like a complete plank.

Makes me cringe.

Hate the fact he keeps calling Joachim Lowe "Yogy Love". Even if that is how it's pronounced, he still sounds like a complete plank.

Makes me cringe.

I thought it was just me, p!sses me off everytime he says it. I call him Jo-Chim Lo...

2-0 and that should be game over.

I really can't remember the last time I saw Germany struggle like this. :eek:

I still think Germany will win the tounament.

I seriously don't know why Germany are favourites and why everyone thinks they'll win it. I don't think they have a good enough defence tbh.

I went for Italy before the start and I'll stick with him, losing Cannavaro was a blow for them though.

Seymour M Hersh
Delighted.

Feck those Germans.

Just the Germans? All Johnny Foreigners surely!:107years:

Ryan Gosling

The end of the war?

Dr Ian Malcolm

Mario Gomez - Donkey. My Klose for top scorer bet is looking goosed as well.

Still have faith in Big Phil to deliver.

Germany were absolutely dire there. Only one player can hold his head up after that and thats the full back Lahm, only player to have a good game.

Odonkor should be called Odonkey, he was a disgrace when he came on. Ballack just moaned his way through the game and blamed others for what was going on.

Spurs fans must be creaming themselves, Modric is going to light up the Premiership, superb footballer.

Mario Gomez - Donkey. My Klose for top scorer bet is looking goosed as well.

Still have faith in Big Phil to deliver.

Got to agree on Gomez i thought this guy was meant to be awsome but has done feck all in 2 games.

How were Germany favorites ?

Odonkor, Jansen, both centre halfs, the old guy in goals and Fritz all looked very mediocre and it says a lot about the current standard of the Bundesliga that Gomez was 2nd top scorer last season as he has looked total gunk. Was Klose actually playing ?

Bilic is an absolute legend and Croatia will take some beating as they appear to have very good team spirit and desire.

Spurs fans must be creaming themselves, Modric is going to light up the Premiership, superb footballer.

Totally. If Spurs do not make serious inroads into the top 4's lead next season then it will be a major shock. The squad they have coupled with the amount of money they are willing to splash gives them a massive advantage outside the big 4.

vlad on the tyne

that schwinstieger was a bit unlucky at the end.referee was a bit card happy.

modric looks a player

Modric was awesome. Gutted Spurs bought him, 1 genuine player I think Spurs will do very well with.

Germany were honking, Croatia know how to pass a team to death and pounce.

Had them my other favourites alongside Spain.

Germany are lucky they are only with Poland and Austria or they would be in trouble going by that performance.

Also as someone said Gomez, God awful, Clum would do better!

Ray Winstone

Really entertaining game - enjoyed watching it.

Croatia definitely have some extremely talented players at their disposal and they made a good German side look very ordinary today!

Everyone had them down as the dark horses of the tournament and it looks like they are living up to the title.

And to think Tucks, no striker (according to ITV) has scored a goal for Croatia since Eduardo got injured. That was before the tournament started.

Been very impressed by them.

Ryan Gosling
And to think Tucks, no striker (according to ITV) has scored a goal for Croatia since Eduardo got injured. That was before the tournament started.

Been very impressed by them.

Olic?

Modric was awesome. Gutted Spurs bought him, 1 genuine player I think Spurs will do very well with.

Dare I say it but he actually looks an Arsenal quality midfielder, he's that good on the ball.

Ray Winstone
Olic?

I think today was the first goal a striker has scored since the injury to Eduardo.

shaun.lawson

At Euro 2004, they drew 0-0 with Latvia and were beaten by the Czech Republic's B team - and four years earlier, were even worse! They even lost 3-0 at home to the Czechs only last autumn too, come to think of it. They're not out of it though, especially given the way the draw keeps teams in the same half of the draw no matter what. Almost in spite of myself, they remain my tip to lift the trophy come the end of the month.

Almost in spite of myself, they remain my tip to lift the trophy come the end of the month.

Really do think it's wide open. Unusually none of the defences are at all convincing. Germany could have lost 3 or 4 today, Italy did lose 3, Spain could easily have let in another couple against Russia, Portugal could have conceded more against the Czechs. Croatia actually looked fairly solid today (though Germany were incredibly slack) but can they sustain that over 3 big matches ? Tomorrows games with 3 of the big guns playing will tell us more but the knock out games are going to be great because they should be very difficult to call.

shaun.lawson
Really do think it's wide open. Unusually none of the defences are at all convincing. Germany could have lost 3 or 4 today, Italy did lose 3, Spain could easily have let in another couple against Russia, Portugal could have conceded more against the Czechs. Croatia actually looked fairly solid today (though Germany were incredibly slack) but can they sustain that over 3 big matches ? Tomorrows games with 3 of the big guns playing will tell us more but the knock out games are going to be great because they should be very difficult to call.

Absolutely. Mind you, if Holland do it again tomorrow, it's just possible that Monday night may have witnessed the birth of a great team. If they keep playing like that, the Dutch could finish first, and daylight could finish second - especially as I'm not sold at all on the idea that they're vulnerable at the back. If so, why did they concede the fewest goals of any side in the qualifiers?

Spain, meanwhile, most certainly are vulnerable: indeed, beautiful as their display against Russia was, their midfield looks too lightweight to me, and I actually felt you could more or less see where it's going to all come unstuck for them. Croatia now have a great chance of getting to the semis, but I'd be amazed if they end up going all the way; Italy just aren't the same side without Cannavaro; France might scramble their way through, but without Zidane, it's almost impossible to envisage them repeating their sudden resurrection at the World Cup.

Portugal probably have their best chance of winning a major tournament ever - but you have to wonder if they can get away with similar lapses to yesterday against a side as physical, but more clinical than the Czechs - and can Germany possibly play as badly again? One thing's for sure though: after a very sluggish start, the tournament's really coming alight now, and it's anyone's trophy: even Romania have a chance! I can hardly wait for the next few games.

The Old Tolbooth

This is shaping up to be the best Yooro champs in living memory! It's so wide open that anyone could win it, and to see the likes of France, Germany, and Italy all struggling so far is like a breath of fresh air with teams like Portugal, Croatia, and Sweden all doing well.

Seymour M Hersh
This is shaping up to be the best Yooro champs in living memory! It's so wide open that anyone could win it, and to see the likes of France, Germany, and Italy all struggling so far is like a breath of fresh air with teams like Portugal, Croatia, and Sweden all doing well.

I'd like to think Spain are in with a wee chance as well.

Archived