Waghorn v Sowah

Beast Boy

Marooned In Ireland

One or two moments where he seemed to lapse in concentration but looked strong and combative overall. Rherras will have it tough to get his place

boizin_maroon

Not according to DR player ratings

Lennard Sowah : Erratic. Never looked comfortable against Waghorn. 5

I didn't even notice the fat fella was playing TBH but there you go.

Sowah owned the fat mess so much, he clearly decided to make life a bit more difficult for himself by taking on a couple of other Orcs at the same time.

Was Waghorn on the pitch ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Well done LS46 [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] would be great if your screamer from 35 yards would give us the 5 goal but never mind, save this one for Hibs [emoji6]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

(The Daily Record)

:rofl:

He gave him 20 yards of space every time knowing that he's always cutting inside on to his left foot, meaning Sowah will always be goal-side of Waghorn when he gets the ball. It let us close down their options through the middle, it limited their attacking options. He stood up to Waghorn well, never lunging in, only once in the whole game that Waghorn got a shot away.

Son Of Anarchy

(The Daily Record)

Stop sitting on the fence ffs and tell us what you really think ;)

Marooned In Ireland

(The Daily Record)

Mustn't have been comfortable just being near Waghorn, and thereafter left him in his wake

He gave him 20 yards of space every time knowing that he's always cutting inside on to his left foot, meaning Sowah will always be goal-side of Waghorn when he gets the ball. It let us close down their options through the middle, it limited their attacking options. He stood up to Waghorn well, never lunging in, only once in the whole game that Waghorn got a shot away.

Thought we were slow to catch onto the long diagonal to MW and we were not always good at pushing him onto his weak side. Like wise "Super Barry".  Sevco - so predictable. 

Sowah owned the fat mess so much, he clearly decided to make life a bit more difficult for himself by taking on a couple of other Orcs at the same time.

Just had a thought - which one of the two was subbed ?

Jamtarts-1874

Waghorn got the better of him for about 10 mins in the first half. Another good game for Sowah bar one or 2 albeit big mistakes

Folk were moaning that he gave waghorn too much space, I pointed out that going tight would just leave him open to get turned, he gave him room but as soon as they played it to him he was aware and tracked him whilst closing the space down.

I think he handled him brilliantly

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

Sowah looks good.

Needs to cut out the brain farts tho.

That's two horrible throw-ins as well in two games.

Had waghorn wrapped up tho.

Waghorn got the better of him for about 10 mins in the first half. Another good game for Sowah bar one or 2 albeit big mistakes

I agree took sowah outta the first 20 mins then he Sussed him out

Love the new full backs

Seymour M Hersh

(The Daily Record)

They can obfuscate for the orcs all they want but they'll have to print the scoreline and that doesn't lie (unlike that rag).

Seymour M Hersh

Folk were moaning that he gave waghorn too much space, I pointed out that going tight would just leave him open to get turned, he gave him room but as soon as they played it to him he was aware and tracked him whilst closing the space down.

I'd also add that Walker was leaving him a little exposed some times and he had two players to mark and split the distance thus looking like he was giving them too much space. 

Keith Jackson gives Sowah a 5 and Waghorn a 6. That settles it then.

He must have been struggling to see properly through his tears.

I think Hearts intentionally left Waghorn acres of space because of how one sided he is.

As soon as he went off, we tightened up.

I thought he was great at the back. Few hair momments on the dodgy pitch but hes strong and good with the ball and has pace. As for waghorn he is so one footed its unreal you could see he was always trying to get it on his left foot. Pretty poor for a professional footballer. Also looks over weight and the hair deary me

Exactly this. Watch any of the top full backs and they are never stuck tight to the attacker. They often give them the time to bring the ball down and turn. Might sound daft but it gives the full back the time to read and play the attacker rather than get skinned by the first touch, be it by skill or luck. It also allows them to cover the immediate danger that comes through the middle.

Back from my sabbatical, I would have given Sowah MoM had Walker not played a blinder last night. Based on that why the feck are newco 2nd in the league? My rangers mate who is as deluded as any hun I've known even says they're shite.

I have to admit Sowah has probably impressed me the most out of the new recruits that have had a few games. Yes he's had a couple of shaky moments, however he is so strong and quick. The wide of Raith (replay), Celtic and Rangers have had little change out of him and I can't remember an occasion where he has been skinned or beaten for pace. Celtic realised this after about 20mins on Sunday, which is why everything went down Smith's side for the rest of the game. He is also very comfortable on the ball, with great skill. I've no idea how the DR can give him a 5...ridiculous!

The_razors_edge

Waghorn:

Goals - 0

Assists - 0

Goal scoring opportunities created - 0

Subbed after 60 minutes

Better match rating than sowah? Righto then [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tartofmidlothian

Back from my sabbatical, I would have given Sowah MoM had Walker not played a blinder last night. Based on that why the feck are newco 2nd in the league? My rangers mate who is as deluded as any hun I've known even says they're shite.

Because we've been shite as often as we've been good.

Hopefully this changes from now.

Because we've been shite as often as we've been good.

Hopefully this changes from now.

Yeah, I hope so too Tart. :)

Voice of reason

Not according to DR player ratings

I didn't even notice the fat fella was playing TBH but there you go.

You should read the match thread on Pie and Bovril where fans from other teams are lining up to claim Sowah is the worst football player they've ever seen!! -and that's from diddy club supporters.

I know I see things through maroon-tinted specs but I thought he was excellent all night [apart from a couple of moments]. 

(The Daily Record)

Would you be comfortable trying to play football with a fat, useless hun in your back pocket?

You should read the match thread on Pie and Bovril where fans from other teams are lining up to claim Sowah is the worst football player they've ever seen!! -and that's from diddy club supporters.

I know I see things through maroon-tinted specs but I thought he was excellent all night [apart from a couple of moments].

He gave too much space first half and a couple of decent balls would have had us in trouble but 2nd half he strolled it.

Lincon Premier

I have to admit when Waghorn went off I was happy, he was a dangerous player for them

Have to agree I thought Showa gave him too much room, but to be fair he snuffed out any threat the fat mess had. Other than the mix up trying to dribble out of the box he was solid.

I'm glad someone brought this subject up. First half, Sowah gave Waghorn a lot of space and it was causing us problems. It's the reason I think Sevco got back in the game as they did. Something changed at half time and the space was not there. Perhaps Sowah got tighter but was there another change? Did Concalves track back more or Kitchen move wider? Was there a tactical change that snuffed out the threat? Whatever happened, Waghorn didn't last much longer.

Look, lets be honest if we are going to assess a player. He lost track of Waghorn a few times and it caused us a problem or two and he had a spell where he didn't look like he was at it. Outwith that, and especially going forward, he was superb. Outwith that wee spell where they found Waghorn in space 3 or 4 times in quick sucession, yes I thought he handled him well.

There's a few rough edges to Sowah's game but over all, I was really impressed with his energy, his physicality and his willingness to drive forward. Cathro will have a quiet word in his ear about the odd lack of concentration and defensive lapses but in general, I think he's found a real player here and the left back position is now his to lose as far as I'm concerned.

Rudolf's Mate

Have to agree I thought Showa gave him too much room, but to be fair he snuffed out any threat the fat mess had. Other than the mix up trying to dribble out of the box he was solid.

Sowah was great however the space Waghorn had was crazy at times. Balls hit deep and cross field seemed to find him in acres of space on more than a couple of occasions. Luckily he was mince and didn't do anything with the space afforded to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

queensferryjambo

Sowah made 2 horrendous mistakes in the first half that could have cost us dearly.

He was tremendous second half. He seemed to thrive when his confidence got up.

Waghorn can cause alot of problems for teams.

He's small but build strong and has just enough pace to make him a problem.

I'd actually go as far as to say he is probably a harder player to play against than Forrest at Celtic.

Sowah is still new in the door and getting up to speed.

I wouldn't say Sowah had his best game but perhaps he was up against his strongest test and overall I'd say he passed it well.

Archived