Billy Davies Watch........

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

Sorry can't search to dig up my old thread but as I still forlornly hope that BD might get the gig any ideas what Billy is up tae;)

Any news or where he might end up................

Yours in Anticipation

Clerry:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts

We are hardly getting squashed in the rush for Billy Davies's services.

You have to ask yourself - why ?

Stuart Lyon

He is too Billy big boots to apply. Vlad get on yir knees and beg him to take charge - not.

He will be far too busy stroking.......................his managerial ego because he is sooooooooooooooooooooo god damn good that he his constantly beating chairmen away from his front door begging to pay him zillions of pound to manager there clubs.

Rumour has it he knocked back Chelsea and Inter Milan and his holding out for Rangers or Leicester!!!:P

He is too Billy big boots to apply. Vlad get on yir knees and beg him to take charge - not.

Billy big boots or not he would be a far better candidate than some of the other dweebs we are being touted with.

The year he would be in charge would be better than 3 years of Weiss - I'm sure of that.

Clerry Jambo
Billy big boots or not he would be a far better candidate than some of the other dweebs we are being touted with.

The year he would be in charge would be better than 3 years of Weiss - I'm sure of that.

Well said - glad someone agrees with me;)

I will be interested to see where he ends up - just can't believe he wasn't on the "wee" list.

I'm all for BD having confidence in himself ( is that 3rd person :P ) but I just think that his "you know where to find me" stance is likely to rub folk up the wrong way.

siegementality

I must have missed the bits in Billy Bigtimes managerial career when he won league and cup doubles and managed his team in the Champions League.

Vladimir Weiss has a good pedigree as an international player and club manager. Of those mentioned he is my first choice, better him than the wee weegie naff IMO.

I must have missed the bits in Billy Bigtimes managerial career when he won league and cup doubles and managed his team in the Champions League.

Vladimir Weiss has a good pedigree as an international player and club manager. Of those mentioned he is my first choice, better him than the wee weegie naff IMO.

I must have missed the bits where our current candidates managed a team in the EPL and dealt with the conduct and expectations which are at "bigger" clubs.

Couldn't give a monkeys whether BD is a weegie naff

No Nonsense

The wee weegie scrot sack is not coming. I would take him given our latest shortlist, however it just aint gonna happen.

londonjambo
Sorry can't search to dig up my old thread but as I still forlornly hope that BD might get the gig any ideas what Billy is up tae;)

Any news or where he might end up................

Yours in Anticipation

Clerry:rolleyes:

Billy Davies rang me to tell me that Billy Davies really appreciates your sentiments regarding Billy Davies but to let you know that Billy Davies is away hame for his tea ...

FACT

GC

siegementality
I must have missed the bits where our current candidates managed a team in the EPL and dealt with the conduct and expectations which are at "bigger" clubs.

Couldn't give a monkeys whether BD is a weegie naff

Derby County

In Davies' first season as Derby manager he led them to third place in the league and then won the play-offs after defeating Southampton and then West Bromwich Albion, ending Derby's five year absence from the top flight. Despite signing a one year extension to his contract, Derby struggled in the Premier League, gaining only six points from fourteen games. After criticising Derby's board for lack of investment, Davies left Pride Park in November 2007, with the club bottom of the league.

14 games, six points and bottom of the league when he bailed out. Some EPL experience right enough!

And meanwhile back in the real world Weiss was doing this

On 23 August 2005 they clinched a place in the group stages after overcoming Serbian power Partizan Belgrade 4-3 on penalties after a 0-0 aggregate scoreline thus becoming the second Slovak club after 1. FC Košice 1997-98 to reach the coveted Champions League proper. Their success was even more remarkable considering Artmedia's entire annual budget is just over ?1m.

I wonder how Billy Bigtime what have got on with that budget.

Derby County

In Davies' first season as Derby manager he led them to third place in the league and then won the play-offs after defeating Southampton and then West Bromwich Albion, ending Derby's five year absence from the top flight. Despite signing a one year extension to his contract, Derby struggled in the Premier League, gaining only six points from fourteen games. After criticising Derby's board for lack of investment, Davies left Pride Park in November 2007, with the club bottom of the league.

14 games, six points and bottom of the league when he bailed out. Some EPL experience right enough!

And meanwhile back in the real world Weiss was doing this

On 23 August 2005 they clinched a place in the group stages after overcoming Serbian power Partizan Belgrade 4-3 on penalties after a 0-0 aggregate scoreline thus becoming the second Slovak club after 1. FC Ko?ice 1997-98 to reach the coveted Champions League proper. Their success was even more remarkable considering Artmedia's entire annual budget is just over ?1m.

I wonder how Billy Bigtime what have got on with that budget.

If he was working in Slovakia then probably quite well, just as our candidates would have done even worse in the EPL. You're hardly comparing apples with apples are you?

siegementality
If he was working in Slovakia then probably quite well, just as our candidates would have done even worse in the EPL.

You're hardly comparing apples with apples are you?

From the man who in the same breath said the above, FFS!.

Their managerial careers are what they are, regardless of where they worked.

Weiss is a winning manager who has managed in the CL, he already is in a job and Hearts are interested in him taking over. You're right, given this, there is no comparison between him and Bigtime.

From the man who in the same breath said the above, FFS!.

Their managerial careers are what they are, regardless of where they worked.

Weiss is a winning manager who has managed in the CL, he already is in a job and Hearts are interested in him taking over. You're right, given this, there is no comparison between him and Bigtime.

Hiya,

Not totally disagreeing with you. I don't think Weiss would be a terrible appointment, but think BD would be better.

Charlie-Brown

Billy Davies promoted himself via the media for the Hearts job when Mikhailichenko was being talked about - BD was manager of Preston at the time and joined Derby a few weeks later - anyway at this same time as he was making himself available he also said he was envious of then new Rangers manager PLG, said he wanted his job and would personally walk back up the road from England to be Rangers manager.....Lacostelad lost a bet to Dexter on this very subject Dex saying that BD wouldn't get anywhere near Hearts manager job then under Romanov for those comments - I doubt he would now either.

Hiya,

Not totally disagreeing with you. I don't think Weiss would be a terrible appointment, but think BD would be better.

I'm with Siege. Possibly bias as I despise davies but I don't think BD would give a toss. He'd just be in it for the money and as soon as we started doing pish BD would blame it on interference or lack of investment or such like.

As long as Weiss avoided being a yes man he could well be out to prove he is capable.

I'd go with the iceman personally though, as hes unlikely to be a yes man and may be out to prove a point also. He is unlikely to get us earth shattering results but I reckon he will at least will deliver top 6 which is essential!

I'm with Siege. Possibly bias as I despise davies but I don't think BD would give a toss. He'd just be in it for the money and as soon as we started doing pish BD would blame it on interference or lack of investment or such like.

As long as Weiss avoided being a yes man he could well be out to prove he is capable.

I'd go with the iceman personally though, as hes unlikely to be a yes man and may be out to prove a point also. He is unlikely to get us earth shattering results but I reckon he will at least will deliver top 6 which is essential!

Fair points mate, but I just can't bring myself to accept that top 6 should be the limit of our goals, and that any appointment should reflect that.

Dougie Masterton

BD isn't in the frame due to activities outside football. ;) Seems he is associated with the wrong people. :dribble:

Guest JamboRobbo
BD isn't in the frame due to activities outside football. ;) Seems he is associated with the wrong people. :dribble:

such as? Agent? Rangers tendancies?

Dougie Masterton
such as? Agent? Rangers tendancies?

There's a clue in the first post mate. Activities outside football.:dribble:

Billy Davis thinks Billy Davis is the bees knees. CO thinks hes an arse - won't get near tynecastle.

Yes, he's still waiting for the phone to ring as he's 'too good' to actually apply for any managerial vacancies donchaknow?

Seymour M Hersh
Yes, he's still waiting for the phone to ring as he's 'too good' to actually apply for any managerial vacancies donchaknow?

Apparently he's waiting for the phone call from "his people" as he's too important to speak directly to their people!

Apparently he's waiting for the phone call from "his people" as he's too important to speak directly to their people!

More like waiting on the phone call from "weearrapeepull"......;)

Drylaw Hearts
More like waiting on the phone call from "weearrapeepull"......;)

Should we assume he wasn't Plan B, C or D then ?

Also....

What are your thoughts on the current 'list' ?

Should we assume he wasn't Plan B, C or D then ?

Also....

What are your thoughts on the current 'list' ?

Correct and there was no Plan D.

My thoughts are that 2 out of the 3 mentioned (not the Kaunas geezer) would be better than what we've currently got.

colinmaroon

Weiss or Schwarz, makes no difference -

I DO NOT WANT DAVIES ANYWHERE NEAR TYNECASTLE!!!

Unless in the Rangers' dugout - with his wee greetin' face preparing another "slash ur wrists" post-match press conference!!!

Clerry Jambo
Weiss or Schwarz, makes no difference -

I DO NOT WANT DAVIES ANYWHERE NEAR TYNECASTLE!!!

Unless in the Rangers' dugout - with his wee greetin' face preparing another "slash ur wrists" post-match press conference!!!

Cannae understand awe this anti Davies stuff - I have said previously that I detested the wee bugger as a Motherwell player and Manager but admire what he has achieved in his managerial career down south. The guy is out a job - nae compo to be paid for starters - and surely must have been on the long/short list of candidates whether he has applied or not. Do you think the current 3 applied for the job...............exactly!

We fecked up over McGhee and Vlad has taken the cream puff and will go back to his pyramid or such like.:mad:

$ilvery_Moon

So people's reasoning for not wanting Billy Davies is purely based on a personal level? He might be a bit of an erse but he is a very good football manager. He has a far better record than Thordarson, and he has managerial experience and knowledge of English/Scottish football unlike the other 2 candidates.

FACT 1 - He got a Preston side with one of the smaller CCC budgets into the playoffs twice in 2 years.

FACT 2 - He equalled Preston's longest ever unbeaten run in that period.

FACT 3 - He took a Derby side that finished 4th bottom of the CCC the season before and promoted them at the first time of asking.

We would be very foolish to not consider him when he has stated he is interested in the job.

Legend Claws

Haha he said dweebs!

Drylaw Hearts
Correct and there was no Plan D.

My thoughts are that 2 out of the 3 mentioned (not the Kaunas geezer) would be better than what we've currently got.

On the assumption that Craig Levein was Plan B and Jim Jefferies was Plan C - it appears we've abandoned the Plan without seeing it through.

Thordarson has a pretty mediocre record as a Manager imo and with 5 Clubs in 6 years he is hardly an advert for stability.

Weiss is relatively unknown, Managing in a completely unknown League.

Do you really think this is "the way forward" for Hearts ?

So people's reasoning for not wanting Billy Davies is purely based on a personal level? He might be a bit of an erse but he is a very good football manager. He has a far better record than Thordarson, and he has managerial experience and knowledge of English/Scottish football unlike the other 2 candidates.

FACT 1 - He got a Preston side with one of the smaller CCC budgets into the playoffs twice in 2 years.

FACT 2 - He equalled Preston's longest ever unbeaten run in that period.

FACT 3 - He took a Derby side that finished 4th bottom of the CCC the season before and promoted them at the first time of asking.

We would be very foolish to not consider him when he has stated he is interested in the job.

Exactly, some people need to have a word with themselves! Do we want a good manager or somebody who has a good personality and we all like as a person?

Davies managerial record is a lot better thatn the 3 on the shortlist and he has alot more experience of Scottish football!!

Ideal for the job!!!!!!

Do you really think this is "the way forward" for Hearts ?

I never said that - I said that 2 out of the 3 would be better than what we've currently got IMO.

I dont think BD will be anywhere near Tynie, just a guess though. What we need is someone that can manage to get the trust of Vlad. We have all met that kind of person I would imagine, the type who manages to get there own way in a sort of unassuming manner by manipulation but you just dont realise you are being manipulated. I dont think the ice man comes across like that based on what I have read in fact he comes across as a bit of a hot head and precisely not the type I would imagine could work with Vlad. This is not an assessment of his abilities or indeed me saying he would not be welcomed it is more a "ffs he will need to work with Vlad" observation. The only thing that did get my interest is that according to the EEN he was on the verge of taking over as caretaker at the hobos in 2004 with a view to a permanent position until he knocked it back at the 11th hour. Just thought that if he came on board and was a fantastic success it would be another wee thing to rub in. Weiss on the other hand I know sod all about with the exception of what I have read and while his run with artmedia was pretty good a while back he moved on and didnt do too well and is back where he started. He may have a personality along the lines I have described and lets be honest he could discuss with Vlad in his own language as I understand he speaks Russian. Nope the more I think about this we all seem to have reservations about everybody and anybody that would come on board and credentials seem to be disected to death for one reason....Vlad and whether this or that individual could work with Vlad. Its funny the third candidate I know nought about either and he may be a spectacular manager but is being discounted merely due to the fact he is coming from the Vlad stable which in a nutshell is the problem. I will give any coach who is given a free run to manage the team my backing until results prove otherwise it would be great if this person could manage to work his way into Vlads Heart and gain some trust that would allow this to happen

Clerry Jambo

Davies managerial record is a lot better thatn the 3 on the shortlist and he has alot more experience of Scottish football!!

Ideal for the job!!!!!!

That is indeed a Friday Fact but alas I don't think Billy is on Vlad's feckin radar:mad:

BD has been interviewed on SSN this afternoon.

He has NOT applied for any jobs and will not be doing so. If people want him they know where to find him.

Clerry Jambo
BD has been interviewed on SSN this afternoon.

He has NOT applied for any jobs and will not be doing so. If people want him they know where to find him.

OK, the guy obviously has confidence in his own ability and I'm sure a good club will be in touch..............anyone got his mobile number for Vlad:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
I never said that - I said that 2 out of the 3 would be better than what we've currently got IMO.

Is that a yes ?

Or a no ?

And what has convinced you about the other 2 that makes you think they're a better option ?

Is that a yes ?

Or a no ?

And what has convinced you about the other 2 that makes you think they're a better option ?

err, they have at least some degree of a managerial track record, unlike the present incumbent!

Drylaw Hearts
err, they have at least some degree of a managerial track record, unlike the present incumbent!

Eduard Malofeev and Valdas Ivanauskas had some a managerial track record of some degree.

Eduard Malofeev and Valdas Ivanauskas had some a managerial track record of some degree.

Valdas was better than Frail IMO - I'm not going anywhere near Mad Eddy.

Gigolo-Aunt

I would rather have Mole up front than Elliot.

Does not mean thats the answer to the problem though.

Seems to be a lot of people going alongm with this as its "Better than things are"

They may be better, but that may not be enough.

Its essential we bring the right man in.

I dont see any of the names being touted at the present as being that.

Guest jambomickey

everybody knows billy davies management record and also his tendency to walk when his chairman doesn,t agree with his ways, he wouldn,t last 3 months under romanov

Drylaw Hearts
Valdas was better than Frail IMO - I'm not going anywhere near Mad Eddy.

I disagree.

Valdas just had a far superior squad.

Archived