Go on Austria - stuff the hholy ghoalie and his mates..

Therapist

Please make it a Germanic double, preferably with a few goalkeeping howlers thrown in. :)

Kidnapping, child hiding weirdo's.

Agreed, but at least when it was discovered they didn't attempt to cover it up. :rolleyes:

Hans von Luck

Any mob who cant hold out for longer than 4 weeks to their enemy aint worth the respect.

Cummon the Germanic state.

Will the holy goalie wear his t-shirt tonight.......

I doubt it.

Forsa Austria

Could be like 1939 all over again - done in 3 days.....;)

shaun.lawson
Please make it a Germanic double, preferably with a few goalkeeping howlers thrown in. :)

So, will you be supporting Portugal for the rest of the tournament, then?

What are you on about? :confused:

Will the holy goalie wear his t-shirt tonight.......

I doubt it.

Forsa Austria

Could be like 1939 all over again - done in 3 days.....;)

...but ultimately futile.

Any mob who cant hold out for longer than 4 weeks to their enemy aint worth the respect.

Lets hope the Soviets, sorry, the Russians qualify. That should produce a backs to the wall Tuetonic display!

shaun.lawson
What are you on about? :confused:

Scolari, Carvalho, Ferreira...

Oh you're so far of the mark.......

Scolari, Carvalho, Ferreira...

The only club affiliations that affect my views at the moment are anti-sellik ones. That may change once all the sellik players are eliminated.

shaun.lawson
The only club affiliations that affect my views at the moment are anti-sellik ones. That may change once all the sellik players are eliminated.

Good. I realised yesterday which team I most disliked - and for all their excellent football, it's still Portugal. So I'll be rooting for Holland (surely your cup of tea too? ;)), Spain, the Czechs and Croatia, and would be OK with a German success too - but am also behind whoever come up against either France or, especially, Portugal.

shaun.lawson
Oh you're so far of the mark.......

I know: hence my post! ;)

Good. I realised yesterday which team I most disliked - and for all their excellent football, it's still Portugal. So I'll be rooting for Holland (surely your cup of tea too? ;)), Spain, the Czechs and Croatia, and would be OK with a German success too - but am also behind whoever come up against either France or, especially, Portugal.

What, not Sweden then? ;)

shaun.lawson
What, not Sweden then? ;)

Hehehe! Russia'd better beat them - otherwise I'm gonna look a right eejit! Incidentally Boris, at least we know who this year's Greece are now. It's Romania. It'd be a miracle if they go that far - but they've plainly got a chance of getting out of the group, and if they meet Spain in the last 8, well, you never know...

Hehehe! Russia'd better beat them - otherwise I'm gonna look a right eejit! Incidentally Boris, at least we know who this year's Greece are now. It's Romania. It'd be a miracle if they go that far - but they've plainly got a chance of getting out of the group, and if they meet Spain in the last 8, well, you never know...

I'm glad the Dutch don't play them until the last group game. Italy v France should be a cracker. As should Turkey v Czech Republic. Hope the Czechs win but I can see the Turks getting through.

Midloth_Iain
I'm glad the Dutch don't play them until the last group game. Italy v France should be a cracker. As should Turkey v Czech Republic. Hope the Czechs win but I can see the Turks getting through.

Turkey will have taken a lot of confidence from last night. If only they would cut out the playacting and timewasting. :mad:

Keep Sionko and Koller quiet, I think they might get through as well. ;)

I thought you weren't bothered about international football?

Not another contradiction surely?

I thought you weren't bothered about international football?

Not another contradiction surely?

I've never suffered from any contradictions. :confused:

My comment that I am motivated solely by anti-sellik thoughts demonstrates clearly that I'm not really bothered about the international side of things.

Next...:rolleyes:

I've never suffered from any contradictions. :confused:

My comment that I am motivated solely by anti-sellik thoughts demonstrates clearly that I'm not really bothered about the international side of things.

Next...:rolleyes:

Your not bothered but you've took the time and effort to start two threads on the subject?

Oh dear.

Hans von Luck
Lets hope the Soviets, sorry, the Russians qualify. That should produce a backs to the wall Tuetonic display!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Boris you know what will happen to the commies. again.

I only want to see that fud Boruc in tears at the end, he is a total dobber.

Herr Ballack and his storm troopers to win the championship for me.

Denny Crane

Handy that your place of residence at the time had to rope Stalin in to help them with their dirty work and that the allies (UK & France) of the mob you highlight didn't lift a finger until one them was attacked themselves.

Plus the Polish airmen who had escaped to the UK more than played their part in the battle of Britain. Now that is worth respect.

As for tonight, I'll dust off the Boniek-retro shirt and support my Mum's lot but with all respect to Austria (who showed they have plenty of heart v Croatia but lacked a cutting edge IMO), if Poland can't win this one, then they deserve to be knocked out.

With Boruc, as stated on another thread, I hope he turns out to be the next Tomaszewki in this tournament while becoming the next Ian Andrews on his return to Parkhead.

Heard something on the radio earlier which seemed to suggest that if the Turkey v Czech Rep game is drawn on Sunday then the Czechs will qualify courtesy of a 0.09 better coefficient in the last 2 tournaments as they would have the same points and have both scored 2 conceded 3 so far.

Prefer best of 3 paper scissor stone myself.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Has the OP such an obsession with random h's that his real username is Terapist?

That the Reds will eventually conquer?

I agree wit hyou re Boruc. He is a tool.

Germany may well go all the way and I quite like them this year but for me, as ever, my support goes to the Netherlands.

shaun.lawson
Heard something on the radio earlier which seemed to suggest that if the Turkey v Czech Rep game is drawn on Sunday then the Czechs will qualify courtesy of a 0.09 better coefficient in the last 2 tournaments as they would have the same points and have both scored 2 conceded 3 so far.

Prefer best of 3 paper scissor stone myself.

That's what I assumed would happen too - until I came across this:

http://www.livescore.com/euro.dll?page=rules

Because Turkey and the Czechs happen to be facing each other in their last group game, it looks like it'll be penalties if it ends level. Which'd be unprecedented for a group stage game at any major championship - but should certainly be a lot of fun. Especially if my boys from the land of Czech make it played four, won four in all time penalty shootouts: they currently have the best record on the planet!

I'll dust off the Boniek-retro shirt

As the song goes:

...Rossi, Boniek or Tardelli....

:) :) :) :) :) :)

shaun.lawson

My German best friend was not at all happy with their display on Sunday. I quote: "we need to be more dominant against such a weak enemy... there are stronger enemies awaiting us later".

I assumed she was joking - but she wasn't. Eek! :eek: So I reassured her that with such a soft draw, all Germany's rivals will end up cutting each others' throats in the bottom half while they move serenely onwards - and that in all likelihood, only the severest of Russian winters can stop them claiming what is rightfully theirs. While Germany march on, the rest of Europe tremble.

That's what I assumed would happen too - until I came across this:

http://www.livescore.com/euro.dll?page=rules

Because Turkey and the Czechs happen to be facing each other in their last group game, it looks like it'll be penalties if it ends level. Which'd be unprecedented for a group stage game at any major championship - but should certainly be a lot of fun. Especially if my boys from the land of Czech make it played four, won four in all time penalty shootouts: they currently have the best record on the planet!

Spot on Shaun, just checked UEFA website. Numpties on Five Live Sport.

Denny Crane
As the song goes:

...Rossi, Boniek or Tardelli....

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Or even Altobelli..........

;)

Denny Crane
My German best friend was not at all happy with their display on Sunday. I quote: "we need to be more dominant against such a weak enemy... there are stronger enemies awaiting us later".

I assumed she was joking - but she wasn't. Eek! :eek: So I reassured her that with such a soft draw, all Germany's rivals will end up cutting each others' throats in the bottom half while they move serenely onwards - and that in all likelihood, only the severest of Russian winters can stop them claiming what is rightfully theirs. While Germany march on, the rest of Europe tremble.

However, with a zing and a zang and a buzz, buzz, buzz, we'll give Harry Hun a damn good thrashing - six of the best trousers down - and in three weeks time it'll be coffee and cakes in Berlin. Hurrah! :wacko:

PresidentRomanov
Or even Altobelli..........

;)

According to the person who invented the song, It's Tardelli :)

shaun.lawson
However, with a zing and a zang and a buzz, buzz, buzz, we'll give Harry Hun a damn good thrashing - six of the best trousers down - and in three weeks time it'll be coffee and cakes in Berlin. Hurrah! :wacko:

George: The war started because of the vile Hun and his villainous empire-building.

Edmund: George, the British Empire at present covers a quarter of the globe, while the German Empire consists of a small sausage factory in Tanganyika.

:)

According to the person who invented the song, It's Tardelli :)

It's always been Tardelli for me.

Just as a matter of interest, who invented the song?

Denny Crane

Ah the old Four Horsemen v Mechanix debate. One is accurrate but the other sounds better. :mj_zivili:

Denny Crane
George: The war started because of the vile Hun and his villainous empire-building.

Edmund: George, the British Empire at present covers a quarter of the globe, while the German Empire consists of a small sausage factory in Tanganyika.

:)

I blame Marco Tardelli myself! ;)

It's always been Tardelli for me.

Just as a matter of interest, who invented the song?

IIRC, it was the fine chaps from Gorgie Gas.

This is very poor taste.

What a ******.

Denny Crane
Boruc 1 Therapist 0 (so far !)

There but for the grace of Artur - couldn believe how bad Poland were in that first half. Absolutely gobsmacked they went in 1-0 up. Improved a bit in the second. It is clear they're crying out for a centre-half to organise that back four.

Say What Again
Boruc 1 Therapist 0 (so far !)

I hope Therapist's not listening to the commentary, Boruc (or Boritz as he seems to be getting called) has been praised from co-commentary team and by the half-time pundits.

'Best player on the park', 'wasn't for him the game would be over', 'another great stop from the Celtic number 1'.

Meanwhile, at Therapist Towers.....

'NEXT TIME BORUC, NEXT TIME!'

23uf2.jpg

:biggrin:

Archived