Thailand

laganas2005

laganas2005

Hi folks,

just after a bit of advice, has anyone been to Thailand? any advice? whats the best places to go? cheers

Thailand's great.

Bangkok's great for a few days but hectic. Make sure you visit Patpong Road. ;) be careful if you get a taxi. Many are on commission from certain bars and restaurants and will attempt to drop you off at those places rather than where you actually want to go!

Despite the previous comment, I really like Pooket* itself. There are some very very nice places away from the more downmarket hustle and bustle.

Phi Phi and Krabi are excellent.

Avoid Pattaya.

I'm going back at the end of the year for three weeks; Khao Lak, 5 day liveaboard dive trip out of Pooket, and Cape Panwa, a top notch resort just outside Pooket. Bring it on. :dribble:

* Spelt like this to avoid sweary filter

yvonnejambo

Head up north to Chaing Mai (flights within Thailand are very cheap and much better than we have here).

Hi folks,

just after a bit of advice, has anyone been to Thailand? any advice? whats the best places to go? cheers

One other thing. The east and west sides suffer monsoon weather at different times. Make sure you check when monsoon is for the place(s) you plan to visit.

gillie chris

Pattaya is great.

The meals and seafood is brilliant eat also where the locals eat. The seafood is fresh as feck out of the tank alive, cooked and onto your plate.

If your hire a jet ski dont crash it they will try and charge you ?6000 for a book size bit damage just argue the toss and tell them they are getting feck all and go to the police. The jet ski owners might intimidate you but tell them the damage was already there you wont get jailed its a civil matter.

Go to You Tube and type in Pattaya Walking Street.

The best holiday Ive been on!!!!

Go November - March

Era Macaroons
Thailand's great.

Bangkok's great for a few days but hectic. Make sure you visit Patpong Road. ;) be careful if you get a taxi. Many are on commission from certain bars and restaurants and will attempt to drop you off at those places rather than where you actually want to go!

Despite the previous comment, I really like Pooket* itself. There are some very very nice places away from the more downmarket hustle and bustle.

Phi Phi and Krabi are excellent.

Avoid Pattaya.

I'm going back at the end of the year for three weeks; Khao Lak, 5 day liveaboard dive trip out of Pooket, and Cape Panwa, a top notch resort just outside Pooket. Bring it on. :dribble:

* Spelt like this to avoid sweary filter

Apparently ugly/fat/old folk get laid easy there by young hottys (or ladyboys if u prefer)....and make regular visits to do so:rolleyes:

oh and the scenery is meant to be nice too

Apparently ugly/fat/old folk get laid easy there by young hottys (or ladyboys if u prefer)....and make regular visits to do so:rolleyes:

What are you suggesting? :sad:

Hi folks,

You can have virtually any kind of holiday you want in Thailand. What are you looking for? Beaches? Walking? Culture? Jungle?

Era Macaroons
What are you suggesting? :sad:

Merely informing OP of more well known side of Thailand....also forgot to mention drugs in abundance and full moon partys thatll blow your hied off.

Im sure you dont do any of that though.

Im sure I had your avatar in mind when I posted.....(thats not REALLY you is it?)

and dont be sad , its sunny outside :)

Im sure you dont do any of that though.

Er, no. :P

Fortunately the avatar is not me. :eek: It's a pic of a typical hobo we ran into in Middleton's Bar after the game a couple of season's ago. His chum was equally gormless.

Heres Rixxy

I am in Thailand at the moment, having a ball! I have only been to Bangkok, Kanchanaburi and currently in Chiang Mai. Bangkok is good for some sight sightseeing, but depending on what type of holiday you are looking for I would suggest the islands for a beach holiday or head north for a true Thailand experience.

Would also recommend 2/3 days in Kanchanaburi for River Kwai Bridge, Hellfire Pass or Tiger Temple :)

Oh and also have lots of Chang beer - tastes great and is less than 50p a bottle!

I am in Thailand at the moment, having a ball! I have only been to Bangkok, Kanchanaburi and currently in Chiang Mai. Bangkok is good for some sight sightseeing, but depending on what type of holiday you are looking for I would suggest the islands for a beach holiday or head north for a true Thailand experience.

Would also recommend 2/3 days in Kanchanaburi for River Kwai Bridge, Hellfire Pass or Tiger Temple :)

Oh and also have lots of Chang beer - tastes great and is less than 50p a bottle!

If you're still in Chiang Mai mate, head out to Mae Hong Song - fantastic place :)

If you're still in Chiang Mai mate, head out to Mae Hong Song - fantastic place :)

Rab, is that the place you told me about where you "made friends with" the lady with the adam's apple? :rolleyes:

Rab, is that the place you told me about where you "made friends with" the lady with the adam's apple? :rolleyes:

Listen, I was on a well deserved break, had a few Changs, some Cobra whisky and it felt good.

Allright?

;)

Walter Kidd

Koh Lanta and Reilly Beach (sp) are a class apart. The "happy hours" at Summertime Bar on Koh Lanta has to be seen to be believed.

Biggest biftas I've ever seen with my own eyes.

Archived