Forth Bridge Closed

jambo1998

If it has blown from one carriageway to the other side I guess there must be damage to the central part......may be closed for a while for safety inspections and such...?

If it has blown from one carriageway to the other side I guess there must be damage to the central part......may be closed for a while for safety inspections and such...?

Prob just close off the inside lanes

By the way, awful driving. Hope the driver gets severely reprimanded for not reading the signage. Erse.

By the way, awful driving. Hope the driver gets severely reprimanded for not reading the signage. Erse.

Bet he's foreign and 'couldn't read english'

Darth Sidious

Glad I got the 6.30 train from Dunfermline this morning.  Only going to get worse as the day goes on as its unlikely they can get the crane on to lift it until the wind dies down.

This is the first day of getting a train the Fife Circle since the brain fart Edinburgh Gateway was opened.  I usually get a train from Gyle home after work but now trains are split between Gyle and the Gateway.  Does anyone have experience of what the best station to use around 6?  IE, I might actually get on a train.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Glad I got the 6.30 train from Dunfermline this morning. Only going to get worse as the day goes on as its unlikely they can get the crane on to lift it until the wind dies down.

This is the first day of getting a train the Fife Circle since the brain fart Edinburgh Gateway was opened. I usually get a train from Gyle home after work but now trains are split between Gyle and the Gateway. Does anyone have experience of what the best station to use around 6? IE, I might actually get on a train.

I've been getting the 5.30 home from gyle and been getting on with plenty space to stand. Even got a seat last Thursday!!

The next one leaving gyle is 6pm so you'd think that would be even better.

My car engine warning light came on yesterday, so on the train from KDY yesterday and today and no doubt the foreseeable.

What a plum of a driver though.

Samuel Camazzola

Glad I got the 6.30 train from Dunfermline this morning. Only going to get worse as the day goes on as its unlikely they can get the crane on to lift it until the wind dies down.

This is the first day of getting a train the Fife Circle since the brain fart Edinburgh Gateway was opened. I usually get a train from Gyle home after work but now trains are split between Gyle and the Gateway. Does anyone have experience of what the best station to use around 6? IE, I might actually get on a train.

18:04 train from Gateway gets into Dunfermline Town just after 18:25.

Absolute ignorant prat. Lucky he didn't kill himself or others. Would be surprised if he wasn't charged.

Pretty sure the last person was charged and he was only a transit van driver from what I recall.

Dagger Is Back

Pretty sure the last person was charged and he was only a transit van driver from what I recall.

Think you're right. Not forgetting the poor emergency workers who have to be involved nie. They're not going to be able to right that truck for a while if the current weather forecast proves accurate.

Darth Sidious

18:04 train from Gateway gets into Dunfermline Town just after 18:25.

Is the train packed?  Will I have a chance of getting on it?  Don't want to wait 30 mins for the next one.

Samuel Camazzola

Is the train packed? Will I have a chance of getting on it? Don't want to wait 30 mins for the next one.

Sorry, I don't know. Just checked the timetable app.

Stops Kirkliston being used as a rat run so I'm happy.

Kirkliston can be a nightmare. I travel between Queensferry and Bathgate every day.

It's worse this morning because the traffic lights are out at the cross.

Goldstone Wonder

The driver has been charged. I'm a normally a bleeding heart liberal but he should be jailed for this, imho. His choice to intentionally ignore the signage has put the lives of all the people who had to rescue him at risk and significantly inconvenienced tens of thousands of commuters (including me). Hopefully one of those inconvenienced was the future sentencing Sheriff.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The driver has been charged. I'm a normally a bleeding heart liberal but he should be jailed for this, imho. His choice to intentionally ignore the signage has put the lives of all the people who had to rescue him at risk and significantly inconvenienced tens of thousands of commuters (including me). Hopefully one of those inconvenienced was the future sentencing Sheriff.

Only a numbskull would attempt to cross in last nights winds. Throw the book at him !

Dagger Is Back

Have had to cancel work today which is going to cost me refunds which is going to leave me out of pocket. Absolutely no sympathy with this arse. So lucky that he didn't total someone on the other side.

Kirkliston can be a nightmare. I travel between Queensferry and Bathgate every day.

It's worse this morning because the traffic lights are out at the cross.

The cross is a nightmare. Although during school holidays and when the bridge was closed last year the traffic was fine.

Have had to cancel work today which is going to cost me refunds which is going to leave me out of pocket. Absolutely no sympathy with this arse. So lucky that he didn't total someone on the other side.

Invoice the drivers employee.

Will the new bridge have any form of wind shielding or will it also close to high-sided vehicles in these sort of conditions?

Took me well over 2 hours to get to Stirling this morning. Hope that truck drivers next crap is a porcupine

Will the new bridge have any form of wind shielding or will it also close to high-sided vehicles in these sort of conditions?

It is designed that wind won't be a problem. 

Jambof3tornado

54 year old charged over this. What an absolute tool. Hopefully he loses his licence and job.

The same kind of ignorant arsehole that drives his hgv with his mobile at his ear!!!

Tossers.

Fitzroy Pointon

C14TP16WIAAUi4H.jpg

Currie European will be happy about that :rofl: 

They should do what the airlines do when one of their planes crashes and pap a big tarpaulin over it to hide the logo.   

54 year old charged over this. What an absolute tool. Hopefully he loses his licence and job.

If found guilty minimum 1 year loss of license, automatic test re-sit, unlimited fine.

Oh and max of 2 years in the nick.

If found guilty minimum 1 year loss of license, automatic test re-sit, unlimited fine.

Oh and max of 2 years in the nick.

What do you want to happen to him?  Options above and no doubt automatic dismissal from work.

When you multiply what has happened to you by tens of thousands of people impacted, it should be the book.

A crane can't go on the bridge to turn it the right way until winds fall below 40mph for a period of 20 minutes.  And then you have to try and open the bridge to traffic as single carriage way first until repairs can start.

Have had to cancel work today which is going to cost me refunds which is going to leave me out of pocket. Absolutely no sympathy with this arse. So lucky that he didn't total someone on the other side.

highlandjambo3

C14TP16WIAAUi4H.jpg

Surly that recovery vehicle is not dragging the truck back over................please tell me he is pushing it to straighten in up yes??

Surly that recovery vehicle is not dragging the truck back over................please tell me he is pushing it to straighten in up yes??

Latest Update. 

Current view @forthroadbridge Teams still in place but bridge remains CLOSED 26d4.png until we receive a further update! #BeAware

C15fm6LXcAA4kfT.jpg

Archived