U20s signings

kila

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5654

5d875297273988053769ac144063806b.png

Jon Daly has bolstered his Hearts U20 squad ahead of the second half of the season with two new signings.

Goalkeeper Wojciech Gajda has put pen to paper on a deal that will keep him at the club until May 2018.  The 18-year-old former New York Red Bulls shot-stopper signs following a successful trial period with the club.

18-year-old attacker Zidan Akers has also committed himself to the Jambos until May 2018. Formerly of Reading FC, the promising youngster has also agreed terms following a trial period at Riccarton.

Clearly both quite raw still. First bit of coaching should be how to hold a scarf above the head.

Locky, on 09 Jan 2017 - 5:09 PM, said:

Good to finally have Akers in the squad.

He needs to Bilk up :toilet:

tartofmidlothian

Saw on a Red Bulls fan site that we signed Gadja in November too, ahead if making it official this month. Apparently it was in the EEN, I'd never heard of him.

Clearly both quite raw still. First bit of coaching should be how to hold a scarf above the head.

haha. Hope they got ten press ups right after that pic...

Saw on a Red Bulls fan site that we signed Gadja in November too, ahead if making it official this month. Apparently it was in the EEN, I'd never heard of him.

But is he a "barry gadja"

Lets start calling him Barry as a nickname.

Jambof3tornado

One has to question why?

Maybe because they've been with us for a wee while already.

Or they dont like getting their pictures taken?

Or maybe because they had to share a scarf.

Maybe because they've been with us for a wee while already.

Or they dont like getting their pictures taken?

Or maybe because they had to share a scarf.

I wasn't being entirely serious. :lol:

One has to question why?

they don't look all that happy

If i had to envisage my first team debut in front of some of you lot I certainly would not look happy either.

If i had to envisage my first team debut in front of some of you lot I certainly would not look happy either.

Jeez...

*reminds ones self to over explain all future quips*

Son Of Anarchy

Jeez...

*reminds ones self to over explain all future quips*

Your post count will quickly exceed GK if you do ;)

Neilson's Shank, on 09 Jan 2017 - 8:39 PM, said:

Hope he does not go down to Leith, he could be a stranger on the shore

:2thumbsup:

Malcolm Tucker

Interesting, anyone remember about Rohan Ferguson? Seemed to have been highly rated at one point.

Still highly rated, still only 19. Airdrie's 1st choice 'keeper and won League One Player of the Month in November.

Not many players I can think of who aren't pushing for first team places at the age of 18/19 will genuinely make it. Exceptions are goalkeepers.

Not many players I can think of who aren't pushing for first team places at the age of 18/19 will genuinely make it. Exceptions are goalkeepers.

And centre halves. And players who find their best position later in their career.

We_are_the_Hearts

Nail on head. Better to play for a Falkirk or Livingston at that age and get exposure to 1st team football than stagnate winning the U20 League with Celtic.

Lewis Moore is now signed to 2019

Loan at Cowdenbeath confirmed till end of season.

Aly Roy at Stenhousemuir and Callumn Morrison at East Stirling also confirmed till end of season.

All development loans so can play for Hearts U20s too.

And centre halves. And players who find their best position later in their career.

Could be an argument for CB as well but i have always been of the opinion that if you are good enough you are old enough.

Some players blossom later on but they usually are in or around the first team the first team anyways. You only need to look at our recent crop of youngsters, Paterson, Walker, King, Holt, Nicholson..All broke through at 18/

Exceptions to every rule however.

jamboinglasgow

Could be an argument for CB as well but i have always been of the opinion that if you are good enough you are old enough.

Some players blossom later on but they usually are in or around the first team the first team anyways. You only need to look at our recent crop of youngsters, Paterson, Walker, King, Holt, Nicholson..All broke through at 18/

Exceptions to every rule however.

Austin McPhee was on Radio Clyde last night and he said its only the side players (wingers and full backs) who can break through to the first team without having some lower league experence. Goalkeepers, Centre backs, center midfield and strikers would find it a lot tougher without that experience.

Diadora Van Basten

Austin McPhee was on Radio Clyde last night and he said its only the side players (wingers and full backs) who can break through to the first team without having some lower league experence. Goalkeepers, Centre backs, center midfield and strikers would find it a lot tougher without that experience.

For Goalkeepers the higher the level the easier it is.

Andy Goram said that he found it much harder when he was playing for a Elgin City and being completely exposed by a poor defence.

Archived