African Cup of Nations 2107

Tasavallan

Come to Hearts.

Earn international calls ups.

Win international honours.

While money will always be an issue when it comes to signing players, Players of a higher calibre than we thought possible will be lining up to play for us if they look at us and see players like Djoum winning international honours while playing for us.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if it was on this thread or somewhere else, somebody was asking if we get any compensation for our players being at the AFCON. 

St Johnstone have just received 107 thousand euros for their goalkeeper being in the NI squad during the euros, so I guess it might also apply for the AFCON and we might receive a little bonus for Djoum and Rherras being there

Anybody know?

From an HMFC perspective, Djoum's presence here is monumental. I take it this has never happened before for a Hearts player? I know Fysass won the Euro Champs before he came to Hearts, but for a current Hearts player to play in a final of this calibre is absolutely tremendous.

Might have already been asked, but do clubs get a payout for the players that they have involved in the competition similar to the Euros/World Cup? 

Before the tournament a lot of talk was about Cameroon and three players like Matip refusing to play or 'retiring'.

Getting to the final and with newer player like Djoum has been fantastic.

Might have already been asked, but do clubs get a payout for the players that they have involved in the competition similar to the Euros/World Cup?

Probably not, or minimal at best. There's arguments between the national FA's and players at the best of times over cash so I doubt the likes of us would be near the front of the queue.

2-1 Cameroon

2 mins to go

Superb goal! :D

See how we were talking about inconsistency.... how was they boy not booked there :D  Really good goal though.

Archived