Belfast

H.A.N.S

Who is booked?

I am going 12th-15th.

Anyone been before? What is the nightlife etc. like?

Who is booked?

I am going 12th-15th.

Not me.

Good stuff, seems a decent trip.

I've never been before. Nightlife's a blast I've heard. :cool:

Doctor FinnBarr
Who is booked?

I am going 12th-15th.

Booked with the wife 13th-15th. Managed to convince her its a good idea for our 10th anniversary! No idea about nightlife, as long as pubs sell Guinness and vod we,ll be fine.

:fing25:

nitelife is superb, clubs an bars in the dublin rd, shaftsbury sq area, check out the crown bar, morrisons and the botanic. all used 2 be good bars..stay away from the limelite nite club, not a good idea if u a prod, if u catch my drift, also u will have to wlk past the short strand/markets area to get to the ground, a enclave of west belfast in the east of the city...enjoy the trip..

Terrible Trio
also u will have to wlk past the short strand/markets area to get to the ground, a enclave of west belfast in the east of the city...enjoy the trip..

don't go into Sean Grahams to have a bet

Night life is terrible. Probably the worst i've seen in any European country i've been to.

Cheesy, chain style pubs playing lame pop music that close early. If you like places like walkabout, you'll like it.

Go the Botanic Bar(locally known as The Bot, very famous ) and then just along the road is Benedicts Hotel both close to each other and 5 mins from city centre and both have some very lovely ladies in them. I used to work in Belfast alot and never had any probs.

CornhillHearts

Great nightlife although not a lot will be open on twelfth, stay central and you cannot go wrong, if bringing your wench plenty shops, expensive and Primark.

Think the crown is a dump myself, prefer Robinsons next door, there are quite a few trendy bars in city centre, if u are single and on pull try the infamous Welly Park.

The nightlife is very good. I'd suggest you give the Royal Bar on Shankill Road and Shankill Rangers Supporters Club a try. Great places, and very welcoming. :)

The nightlife is very good. I'd suggest you give the Royal Bar on Shankill Road and Shankill Rangers Supporters Club a try. Great places, and very welcoming. :)

Still following my tips:p:p

Still following my tips:p:p

No mate, I've been to both, and the recommendations didn't come from you. ;)

:hobofish: I'm not going to bite.

tynie_legend

Well the 12th isn't the best time to be going thats for sure. It's the height of the marching season for those who don't know.

Depending what you are looking for from a night out really. There are some really nice bars in the centre of town like the wig and the cloth ear, a mile away from Stratie's it must be said! There are some decent clubs have recently changed hands in the past 6 months and are much better now. Scratch nightclub is pretty good.

The Bot is pretty decent too. Benedicts draws an interesting crowd if you are heading up that end of town. If you are up that way you have to end the night in Bishops take-away!

:hobofish: I'm not going to bite.

Why??? It's a very well run club with many member who aren't Rangers fans. Almost like members of miners clubs here nowadays who have never been down a pit shaft in their puff;)

Every pub you go in will ask the obligitary question.....

With out fail.

" Where are you from ?

Check the outside decor first before answering.

:cool:

Every pub you go in will ask the obligitary question.....

With out fail.

" Where are you from ?

Check the outside decor first before answering.

:cool:

If you're daft enough to walk into a pub you don't know, then MAY YOUR GOD BE WITH YOU.

If you're daft enough to walk into a pub you don't know, then MAY YOUR GOD BE WITH YOU.

:Correct !!

Acting the daft laddie doesn't work.

Night life is terrible. Probably the worst i've seen in any European country i've been to.

Cheesy, chain style pubs playing lame pop music that close early. If you like places like walkabout, you'll like it.

100% agree.

CornhillHearts

If you know the lay of the land its a magic city, with all that any normal person would want as regards clubs/nightlife.

Nobody has ever asked me where i am from and reckon I have been over about 20 times in last 15 years, this being my first time for the glorious twelfth before folk ask.

portobellojambo1
:Correct !!

Acting the daft laddie doesn't work.

In Belfast that is very much the case JAYEL, even today.

If you have an opinion on the religious divide keep it to yourself, or establish where you are before saying anything. Comments made in a pub on the Shankill/Sandy Row etc will get a completely different reaction from comments made in a pub on the Falls/Short Strand/Markets etc. areas.

The game is being played on the 14 July, and because 13 July is a Sunday the marching season will still be very much ongoing, which is why many hotel rooms are already booked out (neither the Orange Order or the Royal Black Preceptory walk on a Sunday unless it is a church parade). People are entitled to have opinions on the pros and cons of it all (I have been in Belfast on numerous occasions for the 12 July celebrations, and had an absolute ball every time) but if you do disagree with what is going on do not be daft enough to voice said opinion loudly in public, unless you have booked a one way flight. To use the excuse "I was p i s s e d didn't mean what I said" will not wash if someone you don't want to overhear your comments does hear them.

As for being asked where you are from that is not now really the case, certainly not in the City Centre. Strange faces appearing in pubs/clubs in predominantly Loyalist/Republican areas may still raise some eyebrows, but nothing like it was in previous years, when the situation was totally different.

Belfast in the main, nowadays, is as safe as any other city, with similar nightlife to most other cities. And if it becomes unsafe it is usually your own fault.

Archived