Thordarson speak (clip): confirms Terry Butchers involvement

StrikersInstinct

StrikersInstinct

This is a translated transcript of a interview with Gudjon earlier today (the actual clip is in the link below):

Reporter: Are you set for negotiations with Hearts?

GT: I dont know. We have been talking, mostly last winter but after that I thought the matter was over. But than because of my agent (?lafur Gardarson) who was negotiating with the club in another matter (probably the Eggert Jonsson deal as he is also his agent) it was back on. They started talking and this is something that could happen. Then things really got rolling when the Hearts board realized I could bring along “big” people with me as assistants.

Reporter: You are talking about former England captain, Terry Butcher?

GT: Yes, I am talking about Terry Butcher. The Hearts board asked if I would bring Icelanders with me as assistants but I said I would focus on the British market and then when I told him Butcher could and wanted to be my assistant they seemed impressed. But they wondered how that came about. But that is a fact, he would join me.

Reporter: How is your contract with regards to ?A Akranes?

GT: Both parties have a clause in the contract to terminate if certain situation arise. I was offered many jobs before I took over IA Akranes but I decided to pass on them because they didnt feel right to me.

However if something interesting comes along I am more than willing to consider it but I have to say that I am too old for some kind of bull****. If people are ambitous in their proposals I am willing to look into it but I am not losing sleep over this.

Hearts is a big club with a solid backer and if Romanov holds his cards right then there is a big chance the club will succeed on the big stage.

Reporter: They are also talking to a Belarussian and a Slovak. Where are you in the pecking order?

GT: Us three are on the shortlist and I was told that the club would speak to others but I dont know why the Scottish press jumped the gun this morning. Maybe they dont want the eastern europeans coming in and are trying to gain a support behind me. As I say I dont know why this was reported.

I actually knew yesterday that they intended to speak to another manager and those discussion are ongoing but my agent is now the link between me and Romanov and we’ll just have to wait and see. As I’ve said Im very calm over this.

Reporter: This is a real possibility. I see it in your eyes that this could happen within two days?

GT: If the interest is real and the proposal well presented I am gain, as I’ve said Im not into bull****ting. I have got no time for that kind of thing. If the board is willing to go into the direction they speak about then Im more than ready.

http://visir.is/article/20080611/IDROTTIR0101/959513172

Everybody loves Baz

I've got a feeling that if we get him,Thor aint gonna be a yes man.

Mentalist

I think it will be worth getting him just to see the sparks fly.

His sacking after standing up to Romanov will be a classic if Stokie is anything to go by.

Get him on board for the comedy value alone.

maroonlegions

Hearts is a big club with a solid backer and if Romanov holds his cards right then there is a big chance the club will succeed on the big stage.;)

thought he was spot on with this bit.:)

coppercrutch
This bit is very interesting to me:rolleyes:

Cheers Striker

Indeed. Get that written into the contract and off we go !!

And again thanks Mr Iceland for your very informative post !!

BTW Strikers Instinct you know a place called G?gj?kull ? I have been there !!

StrikersInstinct
Indeed. Get that written into the contract and off we go !!

And again thanks Mr Iceland for your very informative post !!

BTW Strikers Instinct you know a place called G?gj?kull ? I have been there !!

Yep its a glacier. Did you jump into the ice lake ;)?

Guest jambomickey

if he brought in and given total control of players in/out, training. picking the team and tactics i think he could do a decent job

Do you know where hell is

When i read the papaers today and thought this was going to be another bit o vlads nonsense, however, upon reading mare about the man i ahve to say i am begining to feel quite optimistic about the prospect of him coming on board.

Fat Striker

It's all very 'open' in Iceland isn't it? So very different from here.

They just seem to come out with the facts.

No Bull***** - as Thordarson would say

Thank you very much SI.

As for the above, I will be very interested to read Butcher's next interview.

when I told him Butcher could and wanted to be my assistant they seemed impressed. But they wondered how that came about. But that is a fact[/b'], he would join me.

coppercrutch
Yep its a glacier. Did you jump into the ice lake ;)?

I was working there with University doing a study of the Glacier. Got to head up it every day and jump over a few crevasses. Don't think we were supposed to do that actually......................

Went to the outdoor pool in Reykavik and they insisted on watching you wash yourself before you went in !! :dribble:

Is that normal or was that just me..........:eek:

Not so sure about this guy, just a gut feeling.

Anything to do with him presiding over 50 Notts County games and losing 21 of them?

fire-bell-alarm-clock-1.jpg

Seymour M Hersh
I was working there with University doing a study of the Glacier. Got to head up it every day and jump over a few crevasses. Don't think we were supposed to do that actually......................

Went to the outdoor pool in Reykavik and they insisted on watching you wash yourself before you went in !! :dribble:

Probably never seen ginger pewbes!!!:eek:

Drylaw Hearts
Not so sure about this guy, just a gut feeling.

I'm with you on that.

He seem's a bit 'out there'.

StrikersInstinct

Thats normal, over here at least :)

Toxteth O'Grady

Unusual circumstances surrounded his sacking by Stoke

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/1987271.stm

He won them promotion and then this

"The working relationship between the board and the current manager is untenable.

"The manager has not always appreciated the financial constraints within which he has had to work and it is felt by the board that this situation is unlikely to improve especially given the uncertainty regarding future income from television rights.

"We would like to place on record our thanks to Gudjon for initially bringing the Icelandic investors together and for his contribution to Stoke City FC overall. We wish him well in the future."

Drylaw Hearts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/1987271.stm

He won them promotion and then this

"The working relationship between the board and the current manager is untenable.

"The manager has not always appreciated the financial constraints within which he has had to work and it is felt by the board that this situation is unlikely to improve especially given the uncertainty regarding future income from television rights.

"We would like to place on record our thanks to Gudjon for initially bringing the Icelandic investors together and for his contribution to Stoke City FC overall. We wish him well in the future."

Where's SN1 ?

His moment of glory could be just around the corner.

alwaysthereinspirit
I've got a feeling that if we get him,Thor aint gonna be a yes man.

If he honestly said "bull$#!t" in the interview then get the man signed. Even if it's just to say we have a manager on board.

Toxteth O'Grady
Where's SN1 ?

His moment of glory could be just around the corner.

Aye I remember the Kerry Katona thread

coppercrutch
Thats normal, over here at least :)

Phew..............

Probably never seen ginger pewbes!!!:eek:

Wrong, sure they have had ginger Jocks visiting before !! Although I am sure they had a surprise when I flashed them to the lucky attendant. Can you imagine them doing that at the Commie....:eek:

Only a Game
If he honestly said "bull$#!t" in the interview then get the man signed. Even if it's just to say we have a manager on board.

He sounds like a heidbanger :dribble::dribble:. I'm so looking forward to the first time Ewen Cameron asks him a smart erse question.

i would definately choose this man over the other two, especially as he says he will bring Mr Butcher with him. butcher will sort out the pre madonnas and wage thiefs at the club and hopefully get us playing for the jersey again. berra might even want to stay but i think butcher being installed would attract players to the club again

just had a thought, start next season win eight out of eight and then vlad says you will play miko on saturday the game is live back home, vlad told not bloody likey and manager is sacked. we then scrape second with butcher in charge before going into freefall for two years. sound familiar

Nucky Thompson
just had a thought, start next season win eight out of eight and then vlad says you will play miko on saturday the game is live back home, vlad told not bloody likey and manager is sacked. we then scrape second with butcher in charge before going into freefall for two years. sound familiar
As long as we lift the Scottish Cup as well, I'd take it:)

As long as we lift the Scottish Cup as well, I'd take it:)

we'd need some leaders like Elivs and Hartley though to get us that far...:o

butcher will sort out the pre madonnas

Surely any footballers who were playing before Madonna was around have retired by now??

Ibrahim Tall
Surely any footballers who were playing before Madonna was around have retired by now??

Nah, Davie Weirs still going strong.

A nutter is the last thing Hearts need.

We need Billy Davies in, a good disciplinarian and a good footballing man. BRITISH aswell. (He fed us the bull****)

Geoff Kilpatrick
Mentalist

His sacking after standing up to Romanov will be a classic if Stokie is anything to go by.

He sounds like an English speaking Molotov, except he obviously knows something about the game!

This is a translated transcript of a interview with Gudjon earlier today (the actual clip is in the link below):

Reporter: Are you set for negotiations with Hearts?

GT: I dont know. We have been talking, mostly last winter but after that I thought the matter was over. But than because of my agent (?lafur Gardarson) who was negotiating with the club in another matter (probably the Eggert Jonsson deal as he is also his agent) it was back on. They started talking and this is something that could happen. Then things really got rolling when the Hearts board realized I could bring along ?big? people with me as assistants.

Reporter: You are talking about former England captain, Terry Butcher?

GT: Yes, I am talking about Terry Butcher. The Hearts board asked if I would bring Icelanders with me as assistants but I said I would focus on the British market and then when I told him Butcher could and wanted to be my assistant they seemed impressed. But they wondered how that came about. But that is a fact, he would join me.

Reporter: How is your contract with regards to ?A Akranes?

GT: Both parties have a clause in the contract to terminate if certain situation arise. I was offered many jobs before I took over IA Akranes but I decided to pass on them because they didnt feel right to me.

However if something interesting comes along I am more than willing to consider it but I have to say that I am too old for some kind of bull****. If people are ambitous in their proposals I am willing to look into it but I am not losing sleep over this.

Hearts is a big club with a solid backer and if Romanov holds his cards right then there is a big chance the club will succeed on the big stage.

Reporter: They are also talking to a Belarussian and a Slovak. Where are you in the pecking order?

GT: Us three are on the shortlist and I was told that the club would speak to others but I dont know why the Scottish press jumped the gun this morning. Maybe they dont want the eastern europeans coming in and are trying to gain a support behind me. As I say I dont know why this was reported.

I actually knew yesterday that they intended to speak to another manager and those discussion are ongoing but my agent is now the link between me and Romanov and we?ll just have to wait and see. As I?ve said Im very calm over this.

Reporter: This is a real possibility. I see it in your eyes that this could happen within two days?

GT: If the interest is real and the proposal well presented I am gain, as I?ve said Im not into bull****ting. I have got no time for that kind of thing. If the board is willing to go into the direction they speak about then Im more than ready.

http://visir.is/article/20080611/IDROTTIR0101/959513172

He certainly practises what he preaches. Because the one thing I got from that interview is that he doesn't bull****.

He's tellin it like it is. He is being completely and utterly honest. I like his style. A lot.

I'd welcome both him and Terry Butcher with open arms.

If the 1 Jan statement was Vladimir talking the talk, then bringing these guys in, and giving them full control, would definately be Vlad walking the walk.

I know he can dance......but can oor Vlad walk?

Generic Username

As others have said - this guy can certainly talk the talk.

He's not bigging himself up to be some supremo manager but he's laying it on the line that he hasn't and won't take any old crap from up above. Even if we don't get him, thats the kind of mentality anyone coming into the job should have, a real firm belief in his abilities and a way of communicating that the fans appreciate.

Lets see how it all pans out.

The People's Chimp
Mentalist

Indeed. I'm really starting to like this guy, but in addition his potential for comedy value is unrivalled.

having read that I'm pretty hopeful that this guy ends up here with Butcher, seems like the sort of guy we need right now. Might not set the heather a light, but he will certainly give the player a firm boot up the erse.

Archived